The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GREAT NEWS!! and not so great news.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26595)

wasteofmoney 06-03-2005 11:52 PM

GREAT NEWS!! and not so great news....

So, in about 8 hours, the painting of my burt to hell 92' SVX will begin... It is going to be a very dark charcoal color... Should be done by monday, if all goes well, and my painters didn't underestimate the complexity of the car... Should look pretty good, seeing how they are fixing all the door dings, and the massive dent in my rear corner... but hopefully it is worth my money, because the way my car has been sounding, I am scared it may blow up soon... I think it might be an exhaust leek (tinny, high, sputtery sound).. then also hear a clunking sound when I have the wheels turned and I accelerate.... and still have that CHECK ENGINE LIGHT popping on everytime I drive.....oh well at least it will look nice when the engine blows up and it just sits in the backyard with the rest of the SVX's.... :confused:

ensteele 06-04-2005 12:43 AM

Hope all goes well for you and the car. :)

dannmarr 06-04-2005 03:40 AM

Why don't you fix the problems before you paint the car? Usually the paint job is the last thing you do. How much are they charging for the paint job anyway?

wasteofmoney 06-04-2005 09:21 AM

Getting the entire job for $1000... That includes all the body work (which is quite a bit), all the paint, supplies, and prep... I supply the paint booth (just happened to have one in the back yard)... Anyways, paint comes first when you come across a deal like that.... Besides, I don't know anyone who will work on my car for a reasonable price (except my brother, but he is in Iraq:mad:, or my dad, who is in Alaska :mad: :mad: ) These guys work at a Cadillac dealership, and usually charge over $5000 for a job like mine... It's nice to come across old friends, sometimes... :D

Conn SVX 06-04-2005 10:24 AM

Boy cosidering the supplies could run you $300.00 alone. Don't forget before and after pictures.

wasteofmoney 06-04-2005 10:40 AM

Ha, just went to the store and bought a disposable camera :D ... wish I had my digital, but it is Alaska with my dad :mad: ... oh well, I will find a friend with a scanner...

SubaSteevo 06-04-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasteofmoney
Getting the entire job for $1000... That includes all the body work (which is quite a bit), all the paint, supplies, and prep... I supply the paint booth (just happened to have one in the back yard)... Anyways, paint comes first when you come across a deal like that.... Besides, I don't know anyone who will work on my car for a reasonable price (except my brother, but he is in Iraq:mad:, or my dad, who is in Alaska :mad: :mad: ) These guys work at a Cadillac dealership, and usually charge over $5000 for a job like mine... It's nice to come across old friends, sometimes... :D

Great deal! I just painted mine myself, and I'd have to say that for $1000 I definately would have gotten it done.

SVXer95 06-05-2005 07:54 AM

Popping while turning is most likely cv. It is very easy to read your check engine codes. At least you will know what is wrong.

wasteofmoney 06-05-2005 10:08 PM

All Done!!!!

Okay, so they got al the buffing donethis morning, and I had it reassembled by the early afternoon... Cleaned it all up, took the final pics, and will get them developed in a couple days, and get them posted for all to see. I am happy with it... There are minor dings we missed, and a few blemishes... but my painter will be coming back next week to touch up, and fix the spot where he spilled the clear coat... :rolleyes: ....

Nice to get somethign done... next up... interior swap (maroon to gray)... and then I am thinking exhaust... :D

Actually, does anyone know where to get svx hoods? i feel as though I have seen carbon fiber and fiberglass ones with the scoop for sale, but I cannot seem to find them anymore? :confused: