The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introduction (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9852)

Suheel 04-07-2003 06:07 PM

Introduction

:) Hello everyone!
I am a new member, so just a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Suheel Bashir, I live in Athabasca, Alberta - Canada - this is about 1.5 hours north of Edmonton (Go Oilers!) as the SVX flys. I the Medical Lab Director of the local hospital. I have had my '92 black on pearl SVX since May '93 - brand new with almost no klics on it (drove it off the delivery truck myself!)

Needless to say, I love this car. Its 12 years old with 136,000 km on it but heads still turn to stare at it as I go by. Only a Ferrari 355 would get more attention. Its fast, very comfortable, kick-ass OEM stereo, and sticks to the road like rice sticks to sushi. I have been all over Canada and the US touring with this car and have had a ear-to-ear grin the whole time. It used to be my only car but now I also have a '00 Grand Cherokee, so for the past 3 years the SVX has been garaged through the winter. I just got new tires for it (Bridgestone Potenza RE950s - good choice?) and have front and rear brake rotors on order. I haven't had any tranny or bearing troubles (knock wood) like some of you out there. The paint is holding up great - except for on the centre-line wheel caps - I have these on order as well.

I have to say I was quite surprised to find this site. The SVX is a very rare car - I didn't think there would be enough interest. I have some maintenance and general questions to ask but that will have to wait for another time - my pager just went off and that is nothing but trouble. Okay this note wasn't that quick, but I've always been long-winded.

- Suheel

huck369 04-07-2003 06:22 PM

Welcome aboard ! :)

It's nice to see some original owners on here, we have a few, ...but more is better.

You missed out on the 10th Anniv. meet last July Had,l like 80 SVXs from all over the states and Canada.

The Reading Meet is next weekend, doubt you can make it on such short notice, but thought you might like to know.
There will be Pics posted soon afterward.
Anyway, feel free to ask any question you might have, and there is probably someone that knows the answer and will chime in.

:)

mohrds 04-07-2003 06:42 PM

Welcome to the network!

Glad to find another SVX fanatic. You'll like it here.

The search function will give you lots of data that will make your mind numb. Plus the rest of us are hear to answer any questions you may have so fire away!

Doug

ensteele 04-07-2003 10:22 PM

Welcome If you have any questions, this is the place to get them answered. It sounds like you have taken care of your car, and are very proud of it. Most here find that the SVX is a way of life, not just a car! :) This indeed is a very special car, and many of us will never be without one. Good luck and hope you learn lots about your car. :)

wasions 04-07-2003 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Most here find that the SVX is a way of life, not just a car! :)
And it comes with a real cool family!

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
This indeed is a very special car, and many of us will never be without one.
Or FOUR! :D

Welcome home, Suheel!

Trevor 04-07-2003 11:11 PM

Sincere welcome Suheel and great that you have provided so much in the way of intimate personal details.

I repainted my wheel centres with a spray can and they are as good as new. The OEM ones on my car are a paint finish and are not self colour.

Like yours my car has given NO trouble in any respect. It appears they go just as well way up top as they do way down under !

Regards. Trevor.

Seraph 04-07-2003 11:11 PM

Welcome to the network. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

L

vkykam 04-07-2003 11:29 PM

There was a couple (last name started with an U, but I can't remember it right now...) that lives in Alberta, and drove down to the 10th anniversary meet last year. I don't know if they lurk into the club though.

Hmmm... Oilers... Where Gretzky played his best years. (IMHO anyways) Home also to the indoor mall with a roller coaster ride. :)

VK
Eh!

svxistentialist 04-08-2003 04:32 AM

Welcome Suheel

Nice to see an original owner in a car showing no tranny troubles. They do exist.:D

Maybe we should do a poll to see how many people we have who are the original owners, and what is their year and mileage range.

Secondary to that we could check out how many people are certain their car has done over 100K miles on the original tranny.

Good to have you on board mate. Post plenty, it's quiet around here while Randy is resting.:) :)

Joe:)

LarryIII 04-08-2003 05:02 AM

Suheel,

Welcome to the SVX Family. There is another SVXer in your area. His name is Unguran. They are a very nice couple. We met them at the 10th Anniversary SVX Meet. There are also some SVXers in Vancouver.

Hope your SVX gives you as much joy as mine does.

Suheel 04-08-2003 08:17 AM

Thanks all for your great welcome. I have already found a way to fix my cruise control. (The vacuum line was knocked off during tranny service). Its a long way between points up here, so not having cruise was a real pain.

- Suheel

Mr. Pockets 04-08-2003 08:36 AM

Welcome to the Network, Suheel. I wish I had driven my car off the transporter - that's pretty damned cool.

I hope your SVX continues to serve you well. :D