The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   $2444 car due for 2008!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37840)

pavanbabut 03-09-2007 11:08 AM

$2444 car due for 2008!!!

Hi All,

here is a gr8 news from Indian Automotive Industry legend TATA motors press release...
"Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata’s dream project, the “people’s” car, is all set to become a reality by 2008. “The car should be out some time in 2008. It is in the prototype stage and protypes are running. Its cost will be somewhere between a motorcycle and a car,” Mr Tata said in an interview to ‘The Week’ magazine. The vehicle was at the proptotype stage now and the company would soon start producing it before a formal launch in 2008, Mr Tata said when asked at what stage is the Rs one lakh car." - TATA Media reports

This car is going to be powered by a 600 cc engine, which could have air conditioning option and seat four to five people :p . Tata Motors is in the process of building a plant in Singur in West Bengal for the people's car, which it hopes to roll out by next year. I am sure this will make a revolution in the India's car and the biggest 2-wheeler market. As for now foreign companies like Ford, Chevrolet, Opel, Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda and Toyota are making big profits by selling their cars at overprice and sometimes double the price of here(especially Toyota and Honda) for the same models.

-Pavan :) .

Ricochet 03-09-2007 11:27 AM

Where did you get that price from?

Suby Fan 03-09-2007 11:47 AM

finaly a car to laugh at other then the geo metro

n00b on demand 03-09-2007 12:07 PM

1 lak rupees is the equivalent of about the amount that pavan stated

ShiuludeSVX 03-09-2007 04:08 PM

More of the same

So.

In our current times, when we deal with Music artists {loosely meant}, and Movie and Television writers, who have just enough talent to get away with copying the material that thier parent's grew up with, now we have a flaming example of another.

The People's Car.

Hmmmmmm.

Ah yes. HITLER Introduced The PEOPLE'S CAR to the world.
That project turned out pretty well after all these years.
The VW line proved itself to be a very long lasting project.

We did benefit with a model for the modern day super-highway also.

Anyway. The point is, I wish someone would introduce some real free thinking, and fix the whole gas problem once and for all, and put the Oil Sluts where they belong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hi All,

here is a gr8 news from Indian Automotive Industry legend TATA motors press release...
"Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata’s dream project, the “people’s” car, is all set to become a reality by 2008. “The car should be out some time in 2008. It is in the prototype stage and protypes are running. Its cost will be somewhere between a motorcycle and a car,” Mr Tata said in an interview to ‘The Week’ magazine. The vehicle was at the proptotype stage now and the company would soon start producing it before a formal launch in 2008, Mr Tata said when asked at what stage is the Rs one lakh car." - TATA Media reports

This car is going to be powered by a 600 cc engine, which could have air conditioning option and seat four to five people :p . Tata Motors is in the process of building a plant in Singur in West Bengal for the people's car, which it hopes to roll out by next year. I am sure this will make a revolution in the India's car and the biggest 2-wheeler market. As for now foreign companies like Ford, Chevrolet, Opel, Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda and Toyota are making big profits by selling their cars at overprice and sometimes double the price of here(especially Toyota and Honda) for the same models.

-Pavan :) .

lhopp77 03-14-2007 05:37 PM

Others

Of course we can also remember ones such as the Yugo. :)

Lee

benebob 03-14-2007 05:59 PM

I'd buy 2 personally. My wife works 2 miles away (long way around) and I'm about 1.5 miles from home. I ride my cycle 95% of the time, she rides her bike about 1/3 of the time. In a heartbeat I'd buy a Kei truck or mini car from Japan even with the same restrictions they put on the $10k golfcart crap chrysler and GM sell. Then again, I'm more than satisfied with my Johnson so I don't need a car to make me feel better about my jock strap size.;)

klohiq 03-21-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
Anyway. The point is, I wish someone would introduce some real free thinking, and fix the whole gas problem once and for all, and put the Oil Sluts where they belong.

First other than the name, the car doesn't share a whole lot with the old VW bug.

Second, the car does have a few fresh ideas such as a 600cc engine which I'm guessing uses motorcycle engine technology since most engines that small are from motorcycles. I think a nice small displacement vtwin would be great in a car...they are quite torquey on a bike, so a tiny car could probably get away with one if it was geared and setup properly for the application.

Lastly, what you would like to see that would be in your opinion "fresh thinking"? We have all seen battery technology and personally I think it doesn't make much sense environmentally or financially to have electric or hybrid cars. That leaves what? Hydrogen and nuclear powered cars??? Solar if you want to really stretch your imagination, but they still rely heavily on batteries...Not really anything seems promising out of those three.

The bicycle is extremely efficient, but it's also slow as hell compared to a car and it's hardly getting any new supporters with a new mcdonalds popping up every few seconds all over the globe.

Gasoline is extremely potent for it's weight, so it's hard to find anything that offers the benefits. Everything is either too weak or too heavy...

alltrac 03-21-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suby Fan
finaly a car to laugh at other then the geo metro

Whats wrong with the Suzuki Swift/Sprint/Metro/Firefly? The 3 cyl motor will go forever and at least it's built in Canada unlike the craptastic Chevy Aveo which is a rebadged Daewoo built in South Korea. BTW I laugh everytime I fill up my Metro 44 MPG and tank that holds a little over 10 gallons.

budbaer 03-21-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
I'd buy 2 personally. My wife works 2 miles away (long way around) and I'm about 1.5 miles from home. I ride my cycle 95% of the time, she rides her bike about 1/3 of the time. In a heartbeat I'd buy a Kei truck or mini car from Japan even with the same restrictions they put on the $10k golfcart crap chrysler and GM sell. Then again, I'm more than satisfied with my Johnson so I don't need a car to make me feel better about my jock strap size.;)

I'd buy two also...... One for each foot.:D

ShiuludeSVX 03-22-2007 02:43 PM

Other Options

Hydrogen. Yeah, Hindenburg. But we have made advancements in various technologies since then.
There are plans for Hydrogen vehicle retrofits that have been around since at least 1937.

HHO....About 8 months ago someone released working results for a machine that processed water, and produced a solution of two parts Hydrogen and one part Oxygen. He went on to use the solution to power a welding machine, and went from there to actually retrofitting some vehicles that had a specific type of engine configuration.
His story even made it to HeadLine News. For 2 days.
But, after looking for investors for a short time, he sent out a bulletin to those of us who were considering his option. A corporation {name undisclosed} bought the entire rights to the technology he developed.

I don't mean to lean to conspiracy theories.
So, excercise your right to think about this situation, and develope your own conclusions.

Then..http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1
Try this link. Very high priced. But look at the possibilities.
Yes, right now Tesla = Toy. But practicality surely must follow.
The worlds entire Space Program came about from experimentation, and what was once considered Toys.

pavanbabut 03-31-2007 01:15 AM

Thought it would be interesting for some of you....check this -Pavan

ensteele 03-31-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
Then..http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1
Try this link. Very high priced. But look at the possibilities.
Yes, right now Tesla = Toy. But practicality surely must follow.
The worlds entire Space Program came about from experimentation, and what was once considered Toys.

That does look like it has possibilities, but it is a little high on the price. $100,000 is out of the average persons budget! :o

ShiuludeSVX 03-31-2007 09:38 AM

True

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
That does look like it has possibilities, but it is a little high on the price. $100,000 is out of the average persons budget! :o

I do realize that, but all things new are marketed in order to make up for the initial output. Surely time will bring the prices down on thier vehicles.

Plus, there will be other models that will be taylored to a somewhat lower area of the price spectrum.