The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I need to vent (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6017)

svxqueen 09-19-2002 09:41 AM

I need to vent

I am seeing red today!!

This morning by boss says "hey Amanda you know you have another dent in your car on the passenger side" I'm like no I don't get in on the passenger side. So of course I have to go outside and look at it. As I walk towards my car I see it ( I have no idea how I could have missed it) right below the rear window is a nice size dent. Luckly the paint isn't scratched and I can have the paintless dent removal guy fix it. But........We can't people leave a note apologizing for hitting you car? I don't care about insurance information just an apology would have worked for me!!! I guess that may be asking for to much.

The other dent was the same scenario....only that one needs to go the body shop to get taken care of.

AHHHHH people who can't take responsiblity for there actions irritate me!!

thanks for listening!!

SHISVX 09-19-2002 09:46 AM

that really sucks, sorry to hear

:(Kelli

Aredubjay 09-19-2002 09:48 AM

Vent away. That's what we're here for.

Seraph 09-19-2002 10:08 AM

If I can find them, they would not live.

jscorse 09-19-2002 10:14 AM

The trick is..

..to be hit by a 'legitimate' bozo. Our dearly loved Forester was rear-ended by a bozo in his Explorer. He admitted it. Thus:

We will get all new paint on the rear quarter and one door, 'thanks' to some slight ripples that where 'found' by the body shop. I don't remember seeing anything, but HEY if I can get some of those 'other' little parking lot nasties painted out the more the merrier.

Landshark 09-19-2002 10:47 AM

sometimes an accident can be a blessing. my old Lumina had a quality GM paint job - it was oxidized so bad that the car was more white than red. i didn't even bother to wash it because i would just take more paint off. anyways, some yahoo in a Snap-On Tools van with Arkansas plates blindly cut across 4 lanes of road to cut me off. i slammed into him, messed up the front end, but no "mechanical" damage - all plastic bits. so i got new headlights to replace my cracked ones, new paint job on the front, and a badly needed AC recharge. i even got my deductable back when my insurance company sued his. if only my car would have rolled so the roof and trunk could have been repainted, too. :D

wasions 09-19-2002 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
sometimes an accident can be a blessing. my old Lumina had a quality GM paint job - it was oxidized so bad that the car was more white than red. i didn't even bother to wash it because i would just take more paint off. anyways, some yahoo in a Snap-On Tools van with Arkansas plates blindly cut across 4 lanes of road to cut me off. i slammed into him, messed up the front end, but no "mechanical" damage - all plastic bits. so i got new headlights to replace my cracked ones, new paint job on the front, and a badly needed AC recharge. i even got my deductable back when my insurance company sued his. if only my car would have rolled so the roof and trunk could have been repainted, too. :D
Yeouch! Snap-on Tools van! I'm guessing you didn't knock him too far off course.

vzSvx 09-20-2002 10:00 PM

Re: I need to vent

Quote:

Originally posted by svxqueen
I am seeing red today!!

This morning by boss says "hey Amanda you know you have another dent in your car on the passenger side" I'm like no I don't get in on the passenger side. So of course I have to go outside and look at it. As I walk towards my car I see it ( I have no idea how I could have missed it) right below the rear window is a nice size dent. Luckly the paint isn't scratched and I can have the paintless dent removal guy fix it. But........We can't people leave a note apologizing for hitting you car? I don't care about insurance information just an apology would have worked for me!!! I guess that may be asking for to much.

The other dent was the same scenario....only that one needs to go the body shop to get taken care of.

AHHHHH people who can't take responsiblity for there actions irritate me!!

thanks for listening!!

I know the feeling. I got most of my passenger side dents from parking in the company's parking lot, so I have decided to start parking my car on the side streets. I tried to fix most of the visible dents myself. I bought this ding king tool kit from http://dingking.com/ for 29.95 and it did make a difference. I've heard of this before but I was very skeptical until one of the members here used it and posted positive comments about it. That's when I bought my own kit. My car looks much better now. I still have a few tiny dents to remove but most of the major ones are gone. It is very easy to use and I am pleased with the result.

SVXphile 09-21-2002 06:58 AM

Oops

Sorry to hear about that. I used to find a new dent on mine every other month. I wish someone would invent a easy system to protect cars from such things.

Like Randy said...vent away. We have more vents here than Yellowstone.... :) Don

dromano 09-21-2002 07:50 PM

a guy in a perfectly restored 60's Volvo sports car was on an off ramp from I-5 by my motel...beautiful black & chrome...rear ended a Suburban...I cried, poor guy. When the Suburban driver saw what hit him I think he cried too....so sad...

Aredubjay 09-22-2002 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
It may be an SVX, but it's just a car.

:eek:

DavieGravy 09-22-2002 01:56 PM

I removed that last post as I feared people may take it the wrong way.

Aredubjay 09-22-2002 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
I removed that last post as I feared people may take it the wrong way.
:D Don't worry, we won't take it the wrong way. Deep down inside, we know it's true. We just haven't figured out that "Denial" is not just a river in Egypt. :D

DavieGravy 09-22-2002 10:11 PM

lol.