The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   anyone have these motor hoses?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43729)

JLHollowX13 03-12-2008 10:40 AM

anyone have these motor hoses??

2 Attachment(s)
im attaching pictures, they are the hoses directly in the center of the picture (you can clearly see the one on my intake, it has tape coming off of it haha) i was messing around one cold day and they snapped. anyone who has these and is willing to sell let me know, i hate rigging up my car like that. thanks!

wantafastsvx 03-12-2008 12:32 PM

hoses

just a friendly bit of advice. I would say you would be better off and getting some bulk hose of that size at an auto store and replacing it as any originals are more than likely brittle and gonna crack from the heat when moved. Might cost you 3-4 dollars. When i pulled the manifold everything under it got replaced which you can count on having to do as well cause all the other hoses will probably be just as dry and brittle. Just my .02

JLHollowX13 03-12-2008 01:38 PM

thanks, i didnt even think about doing that. that probably will be the best thing to do, especially since alot of my hoses ARE brittle. thanks again!

TomsSVX 03-12-2008 01:50 PM

he's right... take the hose off, head to the parts store and buy a couple feet of every size you are going to need...

Tom

Crazy_pilot 03-12-2008 04:23 PM

There are some hoses that are formed though, right? The big one that goes into the side of the throttle body, and a couple others. Can anyone list all of the pre-formed hoses so I have a shopping list?

wantafastsvx 03-14-2008 08:00 AM

hoses

I think you're talking about the hoses that go from the top of each valve cover to the bottom sides of the intake box correct? I bought some bulk hosing for those as well and never had any issues. However im sure someone will be able to post up the p#s for you. To be honest i have the ones i made laying on the table from the engine swap and they almost look like the formed ones now from the heat and everything. Just my .02 again though. Good luck. Be careful pulling that intake as there are many tiny little vaccum lines and sensors and stuff under there. So just take your time and make sure you see where everything goes. Oh yea also you might look into getting phenolic spacers if you are gonna pull the intake. And finally make sure you tighten the manifold back down to spec with the right bolts.

JLHollowX13 03-14-2008 10:57 AM

got 2 feet of hose yesterday, that was the perfect amount for me. got them in really easily and everything great now. now i need to find out if i can do that with the power steering pressure hose......

Hocrest 03-14-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 (Post 534830)
... now i need to find out if i can do that with the power steering pressure hose......

For the high pressure power steering hose, you'll need to take it off and find a local shop that rebuilds high pressure hydraulic hoses. Or buy a new one from Subaru.

bwb3 03-14-2008 02:05 PM

Like Dave suggested, I had my high pressure power steering hose rebuilt locally for $30.00. Reused the fittings but new hose and crimps.
Gene