The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   my SVX was backed into... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26209)

Weasel 22 05-15-2005 11:45 AM

my SVX was backed into...

well after years and years of zero accidents...it happens...I was idling away in the traffic line at a small mall here..when this Maxima just backs right out into me..funny thing I didnt even see it coming..she had enough space to turn it properly as I was not in her way in the first place...she simply shot straight out and slightly turned catching my rear bumper and the lower metal section below the rear tail light..denting it in nicely..her Maxima? a little rub near her wheel well..what the hell?..now the good stuff..she doesnt have insurance..and I have liability..happy days..I could easily go after her..but to what end? I had just purchased some cleaning stuff and oil for my baby..as I was planning a little TLC for the day on her..I drove back to the store and returned it all..im just ill right now and pissed..and another thing..after a hard drive the other day..my SVX still smokes from an oil leak..it wasnt the ATF afterall..it was just one of many leaks...im gonna sit for a day or two on my thoughts.. and decide whats best :mad: :(

NapaBavarian 05-15-2005 12:00 PM

Did you get a police report? If not file one NOW!!! In CA and many other states if you don't have insurance it'll cost ya a lot, go after her! She screwed you by not having insurance, so if she dosn't pay she should get to enjoy the penalty.

Weasel 22 05-15-2005 12:17 PM

I filed a report..its gonna be a slow, painful process..but eventually I may be compensated for it..in the meanwhile I get a nice dented up SVX....

TomsSVX 05-15-2005 01:07 PM

In dirty Jersey we have an underwritten uninsured part of our policy. If you are ever in a hit and run or an uninsured car accident, your company compensates you in place of the other. I dunno obout Nevada but it may be similar. read your policy statement and check it out. This is part of our state minimum liability policies

Tom

n00b on demand 05-15-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomssvx
In dirty Jersey we have an underwritten uninsured part of our policy. If you are ever in a hit and run or an uninsured car accident, your company compensates you in place of the other. I dunno obout Nevada but it may be similar. read your policy statement and check it out. This is part of our state minimum liability policies

Tom

We have a policy in New Yawk....someone hits you car you **** them up or kill them. Let me know if you want either of these done :)

Weasel 22 05-15-2005 01:36 PM

I have a 'fly by night' policy...cheap but crappy service..I've been told it will be covered..but its a matter of 'properly' motivating said company..... :eek:

Conn SVX 05-15-2005 01:55 PM

In Conn. If you have collision ,the 2 insurances companys fight it out. If it turns out your faul you get the bill for the dedutable.

TCamusJr 05-15-2005 04:59 PM

What's it cost to drive uninsured and get caught?

Rd96SVX 05-15-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCamusJr
What's it cost to drive uninsured and get caught?

do you mean get caught as in you hit someone or caught as in pulled over and you don't have insurance to hand the nice "occifer".
well for one in the accident situation, you face a suspended license or losing it, plus a possible lawsuit filled by the person you hit, that's about it (i'm not aware of any fines) if you get pulled over w/o insurance, you just face a suspension of revoked license(again not aware of any fines)

so all in all, it isn't terrible, but that doesn't mean you can/should drive w/o insurance.

TomsSVX 05-15-2005 10:32 PM

i believe there are some hefty fines behind the uninsured penalty. You will also get your car impounded.... Sux for those guys

Tom

Weasel 22 05-18-2005 07:34 AM

looks like the SVX rear bumper is about $300...not too bad..things are looking better :)