The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   selling the svx thoughts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40485)

solarsvx 08-27-2007 09:34 AM

selling the svx thoughts

i have v been verry tempted to purchase a lotus espirit lately i found 1995 models going for around 20-25k and the v8 twin turbo 1998 model and up going for around 30-35k range

as much as i love our svx i sure as hell love the lotus LOL, but i see it being un praticle in day to day activities,

i also have much money and work in the svx and would hate to see it go also, and i love the joy of having no car payments,

to bad i cant have both "sighs"

94SubieSVX 08-27-2007 09:37 AM

You just spent $1200 on side skirts! You have to keep the SVX:p

Lotus' are nice but too small for me, and they're only a two seater right?

JaySVX 08-27-2007 09:42 AM

Just think of the insurance. SVX is very competative when it comes to that, as it's an unlikely target to be stolen, has every safety feature known to man at it's time of production, and can be just as fun.

solarsvx 08-27-2007 09:58 AM

94subie yeap only 2 seats and no trunk space

jaysvx i just called on the insurance they didnt even have it listed but they did a valued amount insured for around 180.00 a month

jay your right its verry comfortable and reliable also unique,

i guess im just dreaming =< LOL i could have both cars if i really wanted to, i could use the lotus as a daily driver in all practicle sense,

msvx95 08-27-2007 10:08 AM

Yeah good luck with your finances after you get a Lotus....you think SVX parts may be pricey....that'll be an expensive toy.

svxcess 08-27-2007 10:08 AM

Last year I test drove a 1993 S4 and a 1996 V8 Esprit with the 3.5L engine. It was a little small for me but an absolute ball to drive. They were both at Prestige Imports in Randallstown, MD. They are also dealers for the Smart car.

With the driver's seat all the way back to the bulkhead, it driving positions were still a little cramped. Rear vision was a joke in the S4, as there was this huge wing that bisected the rear window. But the biggest problem was the thickly-padded steering wheel, which adjusted with the instrument panel and blocked a major portion of the speedometer.

No matter what I did, I couldn't read the speedometer between 40mph and 80mph. The salesman says thats not too much of a problem... "Just watch your tach, know what gear you're in, or judge your speed by engine sound."

I can see me explaining this to the trooper that pulled me over. "I'm sorry officer. I had my radio volume a little higher than normal so I didn't know how fast I was going"

Definitely a beautiful, head-turning car, but the maintenance costs and questionable reliability are cause for concern to me.

crazyhorse 08-27-2007 10:22 AM

I worked in a forgien/exotic garage once upon a time. I had a chance to sample many of the early 80's supercars. The two that I remember most are the Lotus Esprit Turbo, and a Porsche 911 Carrera. The Lotus was an absolute ball to drive, I did some heroically stupid things to break that car loose... never did get it to. Guess it had more guts than I did. The Porsche I remember for seemingly unprovoked snap oversteer.

solarsvx 08-27-2007 10:49 AM

thanks svxcess for the inputs

the major down size is the maintnence costs and where in the hell do you get parts for it or even any one to work on it,

its not much a drivers car i could imagine,

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Last year I test drove a 1993 S4 and a 1996 V8 Esprit with the 3.5L engine. It was a little small for me but an absolute ball to drive. They were both at Prestige Imports in Randallstown, MD. They are also dealers for the Smart car.

With the driver's seat all the way back to the bulkhead, it driving positions were still a little cramped. Rear vision was a joke in the S4, as there was this huge wing that bisected the rear window. But the biggest problem was the thickly-padded steering wheel, which adjusted with the instrument panel and blocked a major portion of the speedometer.

No matter what I did, I couldn't read the speedometer between 40mph and 80mph. The salesman says thats not too much of a problem... "Just watch your tach, know what gear you're in, or judge your speed by engine sound."

I can see me explaining this to the trooper that pulled me over. "I'm sorry officer. I had my radio volume a little higher than normal so I didn't know how fast I was going"

Definitely a beautiful, head-turning car, but the maintenance costs and questionable reliability are cause for concern to me.

SVXyGirl 08-27-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
They were both at Prestige Imports in Randallstown, MD. They are also dealers for the Smart car

I know that place. One day I will go there to drool on the cars.:drool: :lol:

Landshark 08-27-2007 10:44 PM

my friend used to have an Esprit twin-turbo back in the day. that car was a panty-dropper. if you're single, i highly recommend it. :D

he almost bought another one recently, but ended up with another 911 instead. he's married now, so he couldn't use it to its full potential anyway. :lol: