The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WHAT? 3.3TT Impreza?!!? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33767)

BlueClaretsvx 06-20-2006 12:49 AM

WHAT? 3.3TT Impreza?!!?

It gotta be fast! Check it out!
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hlight=1000bhp

Landshark 06-20-2006 01:21 AM

allow me to welcome you to the site, and also to last year. :D

SilverSpear 06-20-2006 01:21 AM

That was mentioned before in our forum. There is another blue one also on Nasioc similar to this one. Do you have $100K to spend?

BlueClaretsvx 06-20-2006 01:27 AM

100k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
That was mentioned before in our forum. There is another blue one also on Nasioc similar to this one. Do you have $100K to spend?

maybe i do..

SilverSpear 06-20-2006 01:32 AM

Ok then, go for it. There is another good source if you want to:
www.ecutune.com
Go for the stage 3 setup ;)

It's Just Eric 06-20-2006 04:05 PM

Hammonton eh?

...Probly does

jman050 06-20-2006 04:28 PM

that car could be replicated for far less than 100 grand

Excall 06-20-2006 04:42 PM

Wonder how long that took?

It's Just Eric 06-20-2006 09:26 PM

So...when is someone going to ask what theese guys are doing as far as fuel managment? Over on Nabisco there I see alot of people arguing but nobody just being all "Hey, yeah...we just ant seem to make the whole fuel managment thing work out, otherwise thered be svx's like that. Say..what do you guys run when you do the 3.3 swaps into your imprezzas?"

It would be intresting to see just how they actually set it up. rather than just gawk over pictures of huge turbos

drivemusicnow 06-20-2006 09:52 PM

There are numerous systems available that would work fine. My personal choice would be the Autronic unit.

Well, hell, just go through what I would do if I felt like dropping money into an SVX to make it go fast..

Step 1, send block to Marco and Magnus Motorsports. Tell him you want a block that will handle up to 1000 hp, (or whatever your goal is) and then give him 8K to do it. Have him, at the same time, completely rework the heads, make custom camshafts for your application, and assemble the longblock. Figure 12K for the entire thing should cover it.

Step 2, have Marco, or someone else make custom intake manifolds similar to the AMS, or Magnus sheet metal Intake manifolds. Add an aeromotive fuel pump, new fuel lines, new injectors, new FPR, new return. Do all the turbo manifold/uppipe and intake piping. I'd guestimate about $3k for this

Step 3, Remove stock wiring harness, sensors, and ECU. (you could probably keep it to run the A/C and whatever else it does if you wanted to) replace with autronic and specific the specific sensors it needs. Should end up just north of $2400

Step 4, Contact Forced Performance, and see what they would recomend/build for the either a single or twin turbo application. Wastegate, BOV, boost controller, etc. Cost varies widely between options.

Step 5, Talk to any of the Subie drivetrain experts, or *insert drivetrain person here* and get a bullet proof trans, rear diff, and axles. clutch... tires.. wheels... I have no idea $$.

Step 6, Tune the biotch.. I know a guy that is incredibly good at what he does, which involves making engines sing with the Autronic, and many other, Standalone ECUs. Figure a good person on a good dyno will cost a few hundred dollars

Step 7, Either modify some Porsche Big Black rotors to work on our cars, or pay Stop Tech some big cash to design you something. Todd at TCE could probably piece something together for the SVX using Wilwood parts as well. I bet Todd could do the entire car for $2K

Step 8, Take the car to a chassis shop. have them cornerweight/measure unsprung mass, etc etc. Modify some bilstein shocks to work on the car, and accept a coilover spring. Valved properly, with springs, camber plates, and all related susp. parts like bushings, swaybars, etc... I'd say you'd be around 3500$...

or you could just pay me $40,000 and I'll do all the work for you, get it back in a year, and promise it'll be streetable and work out to over 800hp to the wheels.

TomsSVX 06-21-2006 10:08 AM

reality check for all of you wondering. Neither of the twin turbo EG33 swaps have run succesfully. ALSO the only EG33 swap to work was an N/A engine in an RS running a full standalone on almost all stock components. They are sponsored by a dyno shop who did all of their tuning. Makes 219 att he wheels id my memory serves me. Anyway, we know how it is done, no one has the balls or the wallet to do it.

Tom

curly2k3 06-21-2006 03:26 PM

Oh I have the balls, the wallet portion is proving to be a problem tho... Fuji here in MN might help me if I do it... in exchange I help them with the EG swap into one of their Imprezas

drivemusicnow 06-21-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
reality check for all of you wondering. Neither of the twin turbo EG33 swaps have run succesfully. ALSO the only EG33 swap to work was an N/A engine in an RS running a full standalone on almost all stock components. They are sponsored by a dyno shop who did all of their tuning. Makes 219 att he wheels id my memory serves me. Anyway, we know how it is done, no one has the balls or the wallet to do it.

Tom

It never ceases to amaze me the corners people will cut when building cars like that. It seems like they have an infinite budget when you look at all the "flashy" part... but when it comes down to the details, they blow them off.

By the way, that EG33 swapped impreza runs track events and does very well.

TomsSVX 06-22-2006 08:38 AM

oh yeah I know, I love that car it looks and runs sickly

Tom

Speedklix 06-23-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
ALSO the only EG33 swap to work

ahem...frankenwedge... ;)