The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Eagles takin care of business (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23047)

n00b on demand 12-05-2004 05:31 PM

Eagles takin care of business

As we speak they are blowing out the packers 47-10 with a little bit to go in the fourth. I been an eagles fan for all 20 yrs of my life.....I think this is our yr!!

Phast SVX 12-05-2004 05:35 PM

may i add GO BEARS!!!! Was at the game todaY(we have season tickets) and and am happy with the outcome of both the games today :) :) :)
phil

n00b on demand 12-05-2004 05:38 PM

I was gonna ask why u were happy the eagles won...then i realized they played the packers :)

Landshark 12-05-2004 06:10 PM

the Stillers are up soon. :)

Stillers > *

Shadow248 12-05-2004 10:17 PM

Philly and Pitt happen to be my two favorites.

As for philly, i'm not making any predictions, and I won't until halftime of the NFC championship game. This wouldn't be the first time they've steamrolled their way through the season only to come up empty handed...or the second time, or the third...

As for Pitt, i'm not sure they deserve the record they have. They just don't seem to play like an 11-1 team. They narrowly made it through tonight, and by pure luck at that. It's good they only had to play philly and NE once this season, cause I don't think they could pull off that stunt again.

Regardless, I would love to see a Philly vs. Pitt superbowl. I'm just not sure my house would survive the evening.

n00b on demand 12-05-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Philly and Pitt happen to be my two favorites.

As for philly, i'm not making any predictions, and I won't until halftime of the NFC championship game. This wouldn't be the first time they've steamrolled their way through the season only to come up empty handed...or the second time, or the third...

As for Pitt, i'm not sure they deserve the record they have. They just don't seem to play like an 11-1 team. They narrowly made it through tonight, and by pure luck at that. It's good they only had to play philly and NE once this season, cause I don't think they could pull off that stunt again.

Regardless, I would love to see a Philly vs. Pitt superbowl. I'm just not sure my house would survive the evening.

Very true but they have never won games like this...blowing people out and looking like no effort is needed to win. Reason why we didnt win before was because we had no one to throw the ball too. With TO it makes a hugeeee difference. But our season really only starts the day of the NFC title game.

Landshark 12-06-2004 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248

As for Pitt, i'm not sure they deserve the record they have. They just don't seem to play like an 11-1 team. They narrowly made it through tonight, and by pure luck at that. It's good they only had to play philly and NE once this season, cause I don't think they could pull off that stunt again. .

they didn't just beat Philly and New England, they destroyed them. they seem to just get by the teams with the not-so-great records. they find ways to win, which didn't always happen in the last few years.

we'll see what happens in the playoffs - that's what counts.

n00b on demand 12-06-2004 07:10 AM

pats and steelers will make for an awesome AFC title game. I dont even know who will play the Eagles if they make it to the NFC title game. My guess is the falcons since they have the next best record.

RSVX 12-06-2004 07:15 AM

The Eagles will never be able to beat the Philly Curse... you know, the same curse that ravages the Sixers, Flyers, Phillies, and even Smarty Jones!!!

n00b on demand 12-06-2004 07:19 AM

There is no curse in Philadelphia. The sixers in the early 80's made the finals and lost because they had no big man. They signed Moses Malone and they blew out almost every team they played and almost won 70 games that yr (1983). They won a championship the same year. This was after going to the finals in 1980 and lost to the lakers....losing to the celtics in the 1981 conference finals...and losing to the lakers again in the 1982 finals because Julius Erving couldn't do it all on his own. The eagles have lost in the NFC title game 3 yrs in a row cuz McNabb had James thrash...Todd Pinkston....Chad Lewis to throw too. Eagles sign T.O. and now we blow out every team we play....could it be just like the Sixers in 1983? Only time will tell....

Ok fine maybe the Flyers are cursed :D

Royal Tiger 12-06-2004 07:32 AM

If I have to slaughter a chicken to keep the Philly curse intact, I'm heading out to the farmlands! :D

P.S. No animals were hurt or abused during this post. Post approved for entertainment purposes only by the PA State A.S.P.C.A..

P.P.S. If you look at Philly sports teams, they have a long legacy of choking. From the 1950 Phillies to the 1997 Flyers to the last 3 Eagles teams. The Phillies have had 1 (ONE) World Championship in thier 110+ year history. The Flyers haven't sipped from the cup since 1975. The Sixers won the last championship in Philly in 1983. The Eagles have been to 1 (ONE) Superbowl and became the first team to lose to a wild card team (the Raiders in Jan 1981). I'd love to see the Eagles lose in the playoffs again this year, but the NFC sucks. Maybe they will make it to the Superbowl this time, but I'm confident they'd lose to the Patriots, Steelers, or Colts.

dcarrb 12-06-2004 08:41 AM

Nevermind that they're 9-3...

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
pats and steelers will make for an awesome AFC title game. I dont even know who will play the Eagles if they make it to the NFC title game. My guess is the falcons since they have the next best record.
The way the Falcons looked yesterday against Tampa Bay, you Eagles fans have nothing to worry about. The only mildly encouraging thing about that game was that Michael Vick was still smiling on the sideline after having his butt kicked all afternoon.

dcb

SVXer95 12-06-2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
may i add GO BEARS!!!! Was at the game todaY(we have season tickets) and and am happy with the outcome of both the games today :) :) :)
phil

You are one lucky bastard.

drivemusicnow 12-06-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95

You are one lucky bastard.

Yeah, the bears game was actually FUN to watch... that hasn't happened in a while

Shadow248 12-06-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
Maybe they will make it to the Superbowl this time, but I'm confident they'd lose to the Patriots, Steelers, or Colts.
Now there I can say that I'm confident you are wrong. To Eagles fans, the NFC championship game is the super bowl. IF the Eagles make it to the (actual) Super Bowl, all we have to do is sit back and watch them dominate. After winning the NFC championship, the super bowl will be cake. It doesn't matter what team they play in either game, if they can overcome their "curse" in the championship game, then even a team made up of every all-star in history couldn't stop them in the Super Bowl.