The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yihaa....bye bye WRX ... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19251)

Sonar 06-12-2004 12:26 PM

Yihaa....bye bye WRX ...

Wow....is my SVX fast or is it fast ..... :)

We had a little "speed drill" today, laser guns and all :D

I did not participate in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile due to "no win" syndrome :p

But..... rolling start topspeed ... that was my game :) :)

Left lane, Impreza WRX ..... right lane, the one and only SVX (me:)) .... side by side 50 km/h ...passing the WOT line, 2:nd gear in my SVX.... I OWNED HIM, pulling massively .... 3:rd gear, he gains a few metres but still behind, passing 225 on third just touching 7000rpm 4:th kicks in, and the WRX was left standing still ....

Just for fun I kept WOT the whole distance (5 km) , topspeed at the last trap ....... 263km/h !!!! and still pulling !!!!

/Sonny :D :D

Landshark 06-12-2004 12:59 PM

Re: Yihaa....bye bye WRX ...

Quote:

Originally posted by Sonar
Wow....is my SVX fast or is it fast ..... :)

We had a little "speed drill" today, laser guns and all :D

I did not participate in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile due to "no win" syndrome :p

But..... rolling start topspeed ... that was my game :) :)

Left lane, Impreza WRX ..... right lane, the one and only SVX (me:)) .... side by side 50 km/h ...passing the WOT line, 2:nd gear in my SVX.... I OWNED HIM, pulling massively .... 3:rd gear, he gains a few metres but still behind, passing 225 on third just touching 7000rpm 4:th kicks in, and the WRX was left standing still ....

Just for fun I kept WOT the whole distance (5 km) , topspeed at the last trap ....... 263km/h !!!! and still pulling !!!!

/Sonny :D :D

are you sure he was racing? :D
my wife's stock AUTO WRX will destroy my SVX w/Stebro, lightweight crank pulley and psychotic driver. not even close.

on the highway over 75 i might win, though.

Sonar 06-12-2004 01:19 PM

...but you see.....I have a EURO model :) :) :p

..and a psychotic one :) :D

And I have, from behind, "felt" a little on WRX's from time to time, you know, attached to their "six" when doing a WOT pass, and honestly, they do NOT pull away :)

Mostly when this happens, I se panic painted in their faces, in their rearview ... :D

The most stubborn one, was this green WRX, at least trying to loose me 4 times, in passes.
I saw him downshift to 2:nd once, aiming for his "instant response rpm" , building up turbo rev's, and floor it, but I foreseed his movement and stayed attached to his six ... I'll bet he'd panic from all that black SVX filling his rearview :)

/Sonny :cool:

Sonar 06-12-2004 01:31 PM

Seriuosly, the thing is to catch them off boost .... exactly that moment when they lift off, you floor it!

It takes time for them to build up pressure, beleive me I know :)

wawazat?? 06-12-2004 02:24 PM

Street racing threads will be closed

However, I've been told that this was a sanctioned event and I misintrepreted Sonny's post.

I have re-opened it accordingly.

Todd

Landshark 06-12-2004 02:52 PM

Re: Street racing threads will be closed

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
However, I've been told that this was a sanctioned event and I misintrepreted Sonny's post.

I have re-opened it accordingly.

Todd

try some lotion on that itchy trigger finger, there Tex. :D

wawazat?? 06-12-2004 02:54 PM

Re: Re: Street racing threads will be closed

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

try some lotion on that itchy trigger finger, there Tex. :D

There's a new sheriff in town and I'm just following the rules, hoss, just following the rules.

Git along little doggie :D

Todd

Sonar 06-12-2004 02:56 PM

My fault :rolleyes: ... I should have been clearer about that.

In fact, the police was there :) , measuring our top speeds :D

Phast SVX 06-12-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

My fault :rolleyes: ... I should have been clearer about that.

In fact, the police was there :) , measuring our top speeds :D

that is reaaaly cool. im moving!
phil

Chiketkd 06-12-2004 08:19 PM

Re: Yihaa....bye bye WRX ...

Holy cow Sonar! 263 km/h is 164.4mph for us Yanks! That's crazy fast. You said you have a euro model...they came with the 3.70 gears that only the FWD models in the US have, right?

Any mods to your car? Filter, exhaust or are you stock?

That's amazing! Good job! :)

-Chike
Quote:

Xodi-SVX 06-13-2004 07:41 AM

Thats just insane. Well done man. I remember one time when I was coming home from Moreland Ave (It's the local hot spot for illegal street racing) and this WRX STi pulls up beside me on the way home. He starts getting ahead of me, falling back, getting ahead... So I floor it for a bit, get way ahead of him, and then he comes up beside me. I roll down my window because his passenger did and he shouted, "Run in 3!" So, I count to 3 and I floor it. Power mode, wee. I'm kickin some WRX STi tail for a good little bit. I'm ahead, I'm ahead, breached 128 mph.. Then I hear one awful sound.

A sound so horrific I can barely describe it.

His turbo spooled up :(

Yeah, he eventually blew me away. I was surprised he hadn't used tubro until that point. At any rate, it felt nice. I met him at a Waffle House back home and we chatted for a bit. He was pretty cool.

I wish this would have been at a track so we could have actually raced, though. I hope to meet the kid up at Commerce, a few moments of playing road tag is not really a good way to determine speed.. Of course he still would beat me, but.. shh.. Don't let my baby outside hear that.

Landshark 06-13-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xodi-SVX
Power mode, wee. I'm kickin some WRX STi tail for a good little bit. I'm ahead, I'm ahead, breached 128 mph.. Then I hear one awful sound.

A sound so horrific I can barely describe it.

His turbo spooled up :(

that is a nice fable you have fabricated, but i'm calling you on it. no way in hell.
turbo didn't spool up until you were already doing 128mph? :D

had this happened in what we call the real world, you would have seen nothing but STi tailights, unless he was running on 2 cylinders, or gave you a 5 second headstart.

please don't lock the thread, Mods, because this is just fiction, not real street racing.

SpeedyWRX 06-13-2004 08:53 AM

Stock WRX's aren't known for their top end, heh. 4th gear acceleration is kinda slow and 5th gear is useless on stock boost. SVX's aren't known for their quickness off the line, but they ROCK on top end! I drove in michael's SVX and noticed this. :D Add a simple MBC to a WRX though and it changes everything, more power up top. I also find it hard to believe that you didn't hear a turbo spool on the STi until 128....

Why is it illegal to post street racing stories? Don't wanna cause trouble, I'm just curious...

Landshark 06-13-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xodi-SVX
I roll down my window because his passenger did and he shouted, "Run in 3!" So, I count to 3 and I floor it. Power mode, wee. I'm kickin some WRX STi tail for a good little bit. I'm ahead, I'm ahead....
here's why i think this is a big steamy pile - what's written above would indicate a race from a standstill. :D sorry Charlie, no dice.

immortal_suby 06-13-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpeedyWRX

Why is it illegal to post street racing stories? Don't wanna cause trouble, I'm just curious...

Illegal activity such as street racing is neither condoned nor acceptable. Please refrain from these types of posts, or be warned.

The posting rules are here