The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Q: Am I still alive? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4929)

alacrity024 07-16-2002 09:38 AM

Q: Am I still alive?

A: barely.

Greetings folks.. it's been awhile and I figured I'd just drop a note and say hello. While I'm home for the summer I'm having to live with a shoddy internet connection as a result of shoddy phone lines in the country and therefore wasting much less time on the internet. My '92 is running cleanly, and I just changed the oil and put in a container of Slick 50.. So far so good.

I'm pretty pissed that I won't be able to make Lafayette, but I'll be there in spirit.. unless your tranny goes, in which case I had nothing to do with it. I hope everyone has a stellar time, and I'm sorry I won't be there, but hey, just think of all the miles I WON'T be putting on my car this weekend :)

With love and torque-

-Adam

Aredubjay 07-16-2002 09:41 AM

Re: Q: Am I still alive?

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
A: barely.

Greetings folks.. it's been awhile and I figured I'd just drop a note and say hello. While I'm home for the summer I'm having to live with a shoddy internet connection as a result of shoddy phone lines in the country and therefore wasting much less time on the internet. My '92 is running cleanly, and I just changed the oil and put in a container of Slick 50.. So far so good.

I'm pretty pissed that I won't be able to make Lafayette, but I'll be there in spirit.. unless your tranny goes, in which case I had nothing to do with it. I hope everyone has a stellar time, and I'm sorry I won't be there, but hey, just think of all the miles I WON'T be putting on my car this weekend :)

With love and torque-

-Adam

Adam, I'm sorry you won't be there. It's going to be a sight to behold! I still look forward to meeting you someday, though. Perhaps "Reading IV"

Meanwhile, one of my clients is from Keene. Used to be the Sports Information Director for the college up there. You woulnd't happen to know any Hanrahans, would you?

Green1995SVX 07-16-2002 09:45 AM

Re: Re: Q: Am I still alive?

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Adam, I'm sorry you won't be there. It's going to be a sight to behold! I still look forward to meeting you someday, though. Perhaps "Reading IV"

Meanwhile, one of my clients is from Keene. Used to be the Sports Information Director for the college up there. You woulnd't happen to know any Hanrahans, would you?

Interesting... My cousin was accepted to Keene State Univ. on an athletic scholarship, and will be starting there in the fall. :)

-Mike

alacrity024 07-16-2002 02:50 PM

As a matter of fact Randy, I do happen to know a couple of Hanrahans... they were brothers. One (John) graduated high school with me in '99 and his older brother (Joe) graduated probably 3 years earlier. They were both good kids.. blondish hair, kinda big noses.. Sound familiar?

and Mike, tell your cuz to do all of his/her furniture/accessory shopping at Good Fortune and to steer clear of walmart unless s/he intends on shoplifting :)

-adam

Aredubjay 07-16-2002 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
As a matter of fact Randy, I do happen to know a couple of Hanrahans... they were brothers. One (John) graduated high school with me in '99 and his older brother (Joe) graduated probably 3 years earlier. They were both good kids.. blondish hair, kinda big noses.. Sound familiar?
-adam

No, Pete has dark hair. He does have a moderately sized probiscus, however. Perhaps they were cousins, or something. Pete is more my age (a little older -- I'm 46, I'll say he's 50-ish). He had a daughter get married recently, but hasn't mentioned any more kids. Oh well -- it's STILL a small world.:D

wawazat?? 07-16-2002 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
He does have a moderately sized probiscus, however.
Watch the spelling there Stock Boy!

I think a probiscus is similar to the tropical flower, the hibuscus, which as I'm sure my good friend Ron will point out is very close to the fantastic concoction called the High Ball!

Todd

Boone 07-16-2002 04:38 PM

To stick my nose in.... he very well may be near your high ball with his proboscis. :p

pro·bos·cis
n. pl. pro·bos·cis·es or pro·bos·ci·des

1. A long flexible snout or trunk, as of an elephant.
2. The slender, tubular feeding and sucking organ of certain invertebrates, such as insects, worms, and mollusks.
3. A human nose, especially a prominent one.

Ron Mummert 07-16-2002 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??

Watch the spelling there Stock Boy!

I think a probiscus is similar to the tropical flower, the hibuscus, which as I'm sure my good friend Ron will point out is very close to the fantastic concoction called the High Ball!

Todd

Make that a Hibiscus, Todd, as any bloomin' fool will point out!

Ron.