The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just bought my second 96 Lsi (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38794)

SVX92-97 05-02-2007 08:42 PM

Just bought my second 96 Lsi

Hi yall,

I just bought my second 96 SVX a little while ago. TomsSVX checked it out for me, and all it needs is a MAF sensor. Woman owner last three years, and lots of new parts. Has 158k miles and paid $2,500 for it. Its a Polo. Check it out, it was on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-SV...QQcmdZViewItem

93 Legacy SS 110k miles Sold for $2,500
94 Legacy Touring Wagon 157k miles
96 Red Lsi 95k miles:D
96 Polo Lsi 158k miles:D

svxcess 05-02-2007 09:00 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, DAN!!

I knew that one was the right choice, given all of your other options. Tom's thorough checkout is also something to be considered.

As I said in our many discussions about this, you could get a complete repaint of the fender (which looks repairable from the photos), front bumper, address door dings, etc. plus either powdercoat the wheels or get different ones...

And have a 96 Polo (almost as pretty as mine) for less than that 96 Polo at Glanzmann for $5500.00, which still had paint issues.

Really glad you didn't buy the "smoker's special" The headliner alone would have been $400.00, plus the sunroof panel assembly, which is another $300.00. Not to mention her little "dent" in the rear quarter.

When do you pick it up? Is Tom going to meet you there and do the MAF? (Just over the Betsy Ross bridge from Philly) It would be nice to get your wife to follow you down to New Jersey in HER red 96 SVX. Then you could admire each other the 181 miles back to Connecticut :rolleyes:

ensteele 05-02-2007 11:00 PM

Congratulations on the new car. :) :)

SVX92-97 05-02-2007 11:34 PM

96 New Edition

Thanks John! Thanks Earl!

PDSides 05-03-2007 07:18 AM

I want a report on the optional passive all-wheel steering on this car. What is the code for that option?
Preston

thumper_svx 05-03-2007 07:45 AM

Congrats, Preston. Hmm, the 96's seem to be multiplying at a rate of knots around here, lately :D

TomsSVX 05-03-2007 08:36 AM

Hey, I am gonna try and head over there tonight after work if she is available... She tends to be up at the wee hours in the morning from what she told me... plus I wanna see that Cuda again:D :D

Tom

JaySVX 05-03-2007 08:42 AM

Congrats on the car!

svxistentialist 05-03-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDSides
I want a report on the optional passive all-wheel steering on this car. What is the code for that option?
Preston

I had that option removed from mine, Preston.

There is only so much, y'know? I mean, it is difficult enough trying to guess where the car wants to go with just the front wheels steering. Add the back two into the equation, and life is just a lottery man, a lottery.:(

The code is very similar to the turbo option many are advertised with on eBay.

Joe

svxistentialist 05-03-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX92-97
Hi yall,

I just bought my second 96 SVX a little while ago. TomsSVX checked it out for me, and all it needs is a MAF sensor. Woman owner last three years, and lots of new parts. Has 158k miles and paid $2,500 for it. Its a Polo. Check it out, it was on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-SV...QQcmdZViewItem

93 Legacy SS 110k miles Sold for $2,500
94 Legacy Touring Wagon 157k miles
96 Red Lsi 95k miles:D
96 Polo Lsi 158k miles:D

Congrats man, it looks good, and that is a good price.

Joe:)

Mr. Pockets 05-03-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
I had that option removed from mine, Preston.

There is only so much, y'know? I mean, it is difficult enough trying to guess where the car wants to go with just the front wheels steering. Add the back two into the equation, and life is just a lottery man, a lottery.:(

Joe

Joe, did you have actual rear-wheel steering removed from you car? I'm not sure, but I think Preston might have been joking about the 'passive rear-wheel steering option.'

I know we've had a ton of discussion on the topic already, and I'm having a hard time interpreting who's joking and who isn't.

To be clear, the 'passive rear-wheel steering' wasn't an 'option.' Subaru advertised the dynamic toe change in the SVX's rear suspension as 'passive rear-wheel steering.'

And, also to be clear, it's not something you could easily 'remove' from USM SVXs. :)

Sorry if I'm being redundant and stupid. I just suspect you and Preston are talking about two different things.

TomsSVX 05-03-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist

Joe

Dead giveaway of some unsuspecting humor... its ok ,we are all allowed a pass from time to time

Tom

svxistentialist 05-03-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Joe, did you have actual rear-wheel steering removed from you car? I'm not sure, but I think Preston might have been joking about the 'passive rear-wheel steering option.'

I know we've had a ton of discussion on the topic already, and I'm having a hard time interpreting who's joking and who isn't.

To be clear, the 'passive rear-wheel steering' wasn't an 'option.' Subaru advertised the dynamic toe change in the SVX's rear suspension as 'passive rear-wheel steering.'

And, also to be clear, it's not something you could easily 'remove' from USM SVXs. :)

Sorry if I'm being redundant and stupid. I just suspect you and Preston are talking about two different things.

I figure he was joking Nick. So was I. [I just couldn't find the tongue-in-cheek smiley]

We are probably talking about the same thing I expect. In some ways, people who only have a little knowledge [a dangerous thing, by all accounts] and who set out to creatively describe how good the SVX is on eBay and other ads, these people sometimes come up with absolute gems, extrapolating and bending the facts.

You just gave me an idea. We should copy and paste all these into a special bull$hit folder. That way, we could all dip in and have a laugh from time to time.

svxistentialist 05-03-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Dead giveaway of some unsuspecting humor... its ok ,we are all allowed a pass from time to time

Tom

No offense intended to the lady selling the Polo car Tom.

She's a biker, and so is totally OK in my book.

SubaRyu 05-03-2007 10:44 AM

Congrats! Seems like many guys around here are getting 2nd SVX recently...