The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please welcome RSVX to the SVXWN Staff (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37106)

Chris 01-22-2007 11:13 PM

Please welcome RSVX to the SVXWN Staff

As we grow, so does the amount of time to clean up and maintain this place. This has no account for the time needed to do things like home improvement. I have just added another assistant administrator to the SVXWN Staff. I would like to re-introduce RSVX not only as a member that is active here and makes this place what it is, he will be now be swinging a hammer to make this place what it will become. He brings with him previous experience as an administrator on other Vbulletin forums and configuration skills to add carpet and new coats of paint. I will be the first to note that I was all about function. Make this place work, and do so fast. I will make sure we maintain that standard. RSVX will assist with the fluff that will make us a little more pretty. Possibly some eye candy and additional features. I have been very poor about this and now I can make sure it gets done.

So as of today, we now have TWO administrators with the name of Chris. Please don't mix us up. :confused: :eek: :D

Budfreak 01-22-2007 11:30 PM

Congratulations RSVX! Now can we have some new smileys??:D:p:)

Chris 01-22-2007 11:42 PM

To do list notes:
  1. More and or new smilies!! (for Budfreak :D )

Anyone else have some requests/ideas?

Budfreak 01-22-2007 11:59 PM

I'd also like to see a picture section, even though people have avatars and lockers. It'd be nice to just go to one location and see everyones SVXi.:cool:

Chris 01-23-2007 01:34 AM

This is a project already in the works. We have bandwidth issues because of the lockers.

In the near future, the lockers will be replaced with either Gallery2 or something similar. The service will run on a second server and the policy for routing will be Forums traffic first, then Gallery. Likely all users will get a "bit" of space, but members with donating status will get much more. The money donated helps to buy hard drives and bandwidth that are quickly chewed up by photos. A small sample of what I am referring to can be viewed at: http://photos.svxwn.com

This is a low powered server by todays standards. The software does chew up CPU cycles like pac-man so more research is being done here. A dual core CPU or dual CPU machine would perform this task like a Ferrari, but at a price.

RSVX 01-23-2007 05:07 AM

I just want to thank Chris (the other, or first Chris) for this opportunity!! I hope that with the suggestions and the guidance of the Mod/Admin Staff as well as the user base here that we can continue to make this place our wonderful home.

I Love You guys!:cool:

PS... I think I still have a TON of smilies from one of my previous boards... now to dig them off of my old (now my wifes) PC...

Manarius 01-23-2007 07:29 AM

How does one become a donor? I know USMB has a "subscription" method for it via vBulletin.

RSVX 01-23-2007 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
How does one become a donor? I know USMB has a "subscription" method for it via vBulletin.

The details can be found in this thread.

Manarius 01-23-2007 08:29 AM

Hmmm. All right. I thought it would be stickied.

Chris 01-23-2007 10:01 AM

Its not sticky yet because we do not yet have software to track donations/amounts nor a better or preferred way agreed upon for taking donations. Earl and I are in the process of this as we speak. We have been on the phone just about every night the last few days. :D

SVX_MY_BABY 01-23-2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
I'd also like to see a picture section, even though people have avatars and lockers. It'd be nice to just go to one location and see everyones SVXi.:cool:

Would be nice to have a place to see "types" of photos.

eg. Cars with non OEM wheels, Cars with custom paint, Cars with interior mods, etc. It would be a general section where anyone could put a photo. Obviously there would have to be limits per member.

SSSVX 01-23-2007 10:48 AM

Congratulations to you, Chris!

Thank you, Chris!:D

Crazy_pilot 01-23-2007 11:11 AM

From one Chris to another, congrats.

TomsSVX 01-23-2007 11:29 AM

glad to hear we have another contributor to the site... Even the closest family needs someone to take control;)

Tom

ensteele 01-23-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
From one Chris to another, congrats.

From one Earl to another Chris, congratulations. :D :D