The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Im Back! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11647)

Chris 06-28-2003 08:59 AM

Im Back!

Well, from one crisis to another. For all that is interested (and I thank you all for your support) my earlier problems with my girlfriend and a poor outlook on life have been addressed and things are looking good. The "light at the end of the tunnel" she though was the headlight of an oncoming train, turned out to be the end of the tunnel and a sunny day. Time to smell the roses! Now on to part 2..... (the drama continues)
Wont go into detail at this moment, but there might be a lack of employment in my future. I pray the newfound hope the my girlfriend has found can be shared! I am not too worried....yet.

Anyways... Nice to see the candle still lit when I returned. (found a bit of a fire or two) but we are getting so big, I guess its to be expected. There will be some down time sheduled in the future for some software and hardware upgrades. Please bear with me. I will keep you all informed. Remember, speed is good and no one likes a slow server. Besides, how much down time has anyone seen here in the last 2 plus years?! HAHAHA :cool:

montypython 06-28-2003 09:08 AM

Welcome back Chris. I was wondering how things were going with you. Glad to hear things are looking up.

SHISVX 06-28-2003 09:16 AM

hey Chris, nice to see you post again. i am glad that things are going better, even though i knew they would!

Nice to see ya back! :D

Kelli

thumper_svx 06-28-2003 09:18 AM

Welcome back oh great and gracious sysadmin!!! Yes, I know sysadmins like to be praised... I am one myself :)

Good to see you back, Chris... you've been missed! :D

Uncamitzi 06-28-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by thumper_svx
Welcome back oh great and gracious sysadmin!!! Yes, I know sysadmins like to be praised... I am one myself :)

Good to see you back, Chris... you've been missed! :D

Dittos Chris,

Welcome back and keep your head up... Let us know if you need anything!:D

svxeno 06-28-2003 10:02 AM

Glad your back and things are sunnyer. <- is that even a word?

Randy ii

wasions 06-28-2003 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno
Glad your back and things are sunnyer. <- is that even a word?

Randy ii

Sunnier is. ;)

You're even looking better Chris! :)

DavieGravy 06-28-2003 03:03 PM

Welcome back. Glad to hear that things are looking up for the both of you.

Dave.

ensteele 06-28-2003 03:47 PM

Good luck Chris. Glad to hear things are better. :)

Mr. Pockets 06-30-2003 11:14 AM

Hey, Chris. I'm glad to see you back, and to hear that thnigs are going better for you and your girlfriend. Hopefully you don't really lose your job, and if you do, I hope you'll quickly find another.

You're right - we have seen very little downtime over the plast couple years. Thanks for that! :D

svx_commuter 06-30-2003 12:35 PM

Chris, I glad life is looking up. :) Welcome back.

Chicane 06-30-2003 12:37 PM

Yay! Glad things are going okay Chris! :)

Chris 07-01-2003 10:07 PM

more info

I appreciate everyone’s comments and support. Thought I would post a bit of an update.

Well things with my girlfriend were going good for a bit, until Mr. Stalker (x-boyfriend) harassed her the other day. Anyone whom knows me here, would be proud of the actions I DIDN’T take. As he approached her and got within 20 feet, I stepped in his way and kindly asked him to “go away.” He ignored me and tried to side step me. I stepped in his way once more as he tried to explain that he needed to talk to her. I politely explained that forcing his way on someone was against the law, and if SHE wanted to talk to him, she would call or contact him. I then stated that if he kept pushing his luck, my kind politeness will leave quite quickly and he would be thrown to the ground rather violently and handed his ass. I assured him then when the time came to be discharged from the hospital, he would be going straight to jail for Stalking under Idaho State Code (misdemeanor). He then wisely understood me, turned around and left. Unfortunately, it took almost two hours to calm my girlfriend down. She was so distraught, shaking and crying. Needless to say, we are in the process of getting a civil protection order. Things are now starting to get back to normal.

I still have a job, for the moment. I am however looking for another one. Its too bad, I don’t like loosing 14 months of dedicated time to a company. I just hope the overall outcome is better.

More work on the server is expected soon. Some is going on in the background without having to down the server. Major upgrades are scheduled after the “battle of the imports” out at my local track. As a reminder, this was to be an SVX mini-meet. Unfortunately, the time period didn’t work out for most members. Right now there is only two confirmed people. Myself and Uncamitzi. If anyone else is interested, the meet is this Saturday. Gates open at 3pm and I think we will schedule a local meet in Boise around 2pm and convoy out to the track. Even if you don’t want to race, there is show –n- shine, stereo wars and such. I ask if any SVX owner/member can make it, please do. More information can be obtained be sending me a private message.