The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Audio/Video/Nav/Security (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Factory audio setup? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61563)

reberto 04-12-2013 04:15 PM

Factory audio setup?

Since I hate having an ugly single DIN JVC stereo in my SVX, I was planning on swapping in something different to help fill up that space. I was thinking of installing the CD changer out of an 00-04 Legacy/Outback (this one), adding in the CD changer to AUX adapter, and if possible, installing the factory subwoofer that Subaru offered with that stereo (this one)

To all you audio/late model Subaru experts out there: do you see any problem with this setup? I will be getting the SVX to 14 pin adapter to go along with it so it should just be plug n play?

Thanks all!

LetItSnow 04-12-2013 04:33 PM

Re: Factory audio setup?

If you buy the factory sub, don't pay very much for it. It's subpar.

I slay me.

reberto 04-12-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 722536)
If you buy the factory sub, don't pay very much for it. It's subpar.

I slay me.

The only reason I want that sub is because the trunk is already super small as it is, and the factory underseat one doesn't take up that precious space :)

reberto 04-14-2013 04:58 PM

Any other advice on tackling this?

kinz 04-15-2013 03:10 PM

for low impacts on cargo space i suggest looking for the write up someone did on a sub in the spare tire well. Or I put a small bass tube behind the drivers seat.

reberto 04-15-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinz (Post 722695)
for low impacts on cargo space i suggest looking for the write up someone did on a sub in the spare tire well. Or I put a small bass tube behind the drivers seat.

That would involve adding an amp though, correct?

kinz 04-16-2013 03:28 PM

Yes it would. There are probably some built in options but the amp I got fits under the driver seat easily.

reberto 04-16-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinz (Post 722742)
Yes it would. There are probably some built in options but the amp I got fits under the driver seat easily.

That's what I was hoping to avoid. I personally can't stand aftermarket audio like that, which is why I was wanting to do an underseat one from Subaru, as that can be installed with a simple adapter.

LetItSnow 04-16-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reberto (Post 722745)
That's what I was hoping to avoid. I personally can't stand aftermarket audio like that, which is why I was wanting to do an underseat one from Subaru, as that can be installed with a simple adapter.

As long as you don't expect much from it, you'll be fine. They're really not worth the time. Get some good speakers for the existing locations and you'll be leaps and bounds ahead of what that little box will get you, and with less effort.

B 4 You 04-16-2013 10:10 PM

PM'ing you now reberto