The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Off-Topic Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11594)

Green1995SVX 06-25-2003 06:23 PM

New Off-Topic Forum

I think with our latest expansion, and new members arriving every day, we thought it was needed to make a new Off-Topic forum. You'll see it right below the tech forum.

The new forum can be used for basically anything that doesnt fit in the other forums. I'll copy over some examples of threads that would be best in the off topic forum. :)

Best,

Mike

ensteele 06-25-2003 06:39 PM

You put "Hijack this Thread!" in there? We talked about SVXes some! :D :D :D Thanks Mike

:)

Landshark 06-25-2003 06:47 PM

to mark the unveiling of the new forum.........i made a new Fanta Shokata movie! :D

Alcyone SVX LSL 06-25-2003 08:39 PM

thanks mike...been waiting to see one of those lol... scared me for a minute... one of my favorite threads was missing yet it had been here bout 6 hours ago lol.

WestCoastSVX 06-26-2003 08:38 AM

Thanks Sith!

I think this is a GREAT idea! (of course you all know that since I made a big thread about starting one a couple months ago :D )

Happy day, happy day! :D

Uncamitzi 06-26-2003 08:45 AM

Hmmmm.

This could get interesting.

I have a question.. what's the criteria?

For example the "No More Hate" thread is actually a thread about first SVX rides...:confused: I 'm wondering if it's really necessary... and could some things get lost?

WestCoastSVX 06-26-2003 09:20 AM

Re: Hmmmm.

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi
This could get interesting.

I have a question.. what's the criteria?

For example the "No More Hate" thread is actually a thread about first SVX rides...:confused: I 'm wondering if it's really necessary... and could some things get lost?

You are right, it is a fine balance. There have always been some clear-cut OT threads, like the ones about our personal lives, the joke ones, where we live pics, etc. But the no more hate thread is all about SVX and should be in General SVX Babble.

Everything here really comes down to what the moderators feel like doing. Those two guys are judge, jury, and executioner.

We've tried big discussion threads and votes on these kind of things before, but with no real structure on this site, those end up just being talk and are forgotten as soon as they get to Page 2. The best thing to do is just sit back and enjoy the ride! :cool: (Kinda like driving your SVX on a warm day with the sunroof open)

ensteele 06-26-2003 09:47 AM

Mike moved some threads over to the new forum, and maybe forgot what that one really was. I know we never make mistakes, but it maybe got stuck to another one as he moved it. :rolleyes:

I look at all of the threads, so it really doesn't matter which forum it is in. I just hit the "View New Posts" button, and I see whatever has been posted after I was last on the site. That way I don't miss anything, and I don't have to go to the forums that haven't been posted to.

I am just glad that I haven't made any mistakes! :)

WestCoastSVX 06-26-2003 09:54 AM

Hey no finger pointing! :D LOL Although a flame war between the moderators might be interesting and ironic. :D

We're all human and make mistakes, and whether or not some of these things even can be considered mistakes is purely subjective. Everyone has a different opinion. Remember, the people still have a little power, you can always use the "Report this post to a moderator" button. I'm sure they would listen to you and have no problem with carrying out a request if it was reasonable, such as moving a thread you believe is in the wrong forum. ;)

lhopp77 06-26-2003 10:20 AM

Great!!!

I think that is a wonderful idea. Now I won't have to read about a Neon every time I log on. :D Seriously, I like it.

Lee

SVXx4

LarryIII 06-26-2003 10:42 AM

Re: Great!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by lhopp77
I think that is a wonderful idea. Now I won't have to read about a Neon every time I log on. :D Seriously, I like it.

Lee

SVXx4

I like neon, especially the neon SVX sign (thanks Bruce) that we had at the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet ( I just love typing that).

Aredub,
What ever happened to it? I want to outbid Earl for it.
Besides it's an east coast sign (Indiana is closer to the Atlantic Ocean than the Pacific Ocean).

ensteele 06-26-2003 01:37 PM

Because it was built on the East Coast, it should be brought to the West Coast. Besides, it will go good with the Northern Lights! :D

vzSvx 06-29-2003 01:26 PM

Re: Re: Great!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

I like neon, especially the neon SVX sign (thanks Bruce) that we had at the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet ( I just love typing that).

Aredub,
What ever happened to it? I want to outbid Earl for it.
Besides it's an east coast sign (Indiana is closer to the Atlantic Ocean than the Pacific Ocean).

For the sake of those who were not in the 10th meet, this is the neon SVX sign they're talking about:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/vzSvx/9888.jpg

Ron Mummert 06-29-2003 10:57 PM

Re: Re: Great!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryIII
[B]

Anyone remember Elton John's '80s semi-hit, "In Neon"?
Subtle & haunting. I loved it. A lot like..... a certain car. (No, not THAT one).

Ron.

ensteele 06-30-2003 12:09 AM

Ron, are you hearing those voices again? :)