The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sad :( (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36299)

Sr240sx 11-28-2006 11:55 AM

Sad :(

Well, about a week before the ad for selling my SVX was going to end, we got a call. Someone in Canada found my car, and was very interested. He was going through a liason (I'm assuming because he probably speaks french and needed someone who spoke english to deal with us ameeeerikans) and dealt with my parents. They setled on $4,500 for it. I think the guy got a steal since then, because we just replaced the rear wheel bearings, the front windshield is brand new (advice, glass coverage makes that 1400 dollar price tag for a new windshield go away) and aside from all that work I already did to the car, It just got the brand new wheels mounted to the new tires. I'd say it was worth 5-5.5k... But that's how life goes, I guess. I spent the day cleaning out the interior, cleaning the upholstry and carpets, conditioning the leather, and saying goodbye to the car I was hoping I would be able ot keep... :(

I sent an email to the "liason" with a detailed description of all the car's faults, what was fixed and what still needed to be (seat bolster, hood and trunk struts, and one stripped lug stud on the back right wheel) and I was reassured by her that the person she was getting the car for absolutely couldn't wait to see it in his garage... So I do feel better about one thing: I saved a doomed SVX and brought it back to being the car it always should have been. And now it's going into the hands of someone who will love and take care of it :o . I stuck a personal note for the new owner to the title, and left for Washington, never to see the big green cruiser again...

I loved my SVX. even with all it's problems, that car just drove so well. Smooth and quiet, the rear seats were so easy to flip down, those rear windows perfect for my pup to stick her head out of, with a great feeling of safety when behind the wheel, and that purty noise you could get when you slip it into neutral and tap the gas. I am CERTAINLY going to start looking for another one (I'm thinking pearl/black this time?) as soon as I've got my BMW to spec (reinforcing the rear subframe and a new M5 clutch/flywheel) so expect to see me back here someday :) you've all been really helpful friends.

-Sr240sx

ensteele 11-28-2006 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear about having to sell your SVX. Good luck. :)

Ricochet 11-28-2006 01:36 PM

Jeebus.. selling these cars sounds like giving away a dog or something. I don't think I'll ever get rid of mine, too emotional.

Sr240sx 11-28-2006 01:47 PM

heh, I'm probably going to cry when I hand off the keys to my 240...

Suby Fan 11-30-2006 10:26 AM

im sorry to hear about your loss.... be strong there will be more svxes out there

Earthworm 12-05-2006 06:34 PM

Hopefully the liason isn't for someone in Nigeria!

Lets hope the buyer is legit.

DanSVX94 12-05-2006 07:07 PM

It's cool of you to clean the car for the new owner. Many people don't do that.