The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone know how to reach LAN? Hydra/TCU issues (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64657)

halistan 08-01-2018 10:00 AM

Does anyone know how to reach LAN? Hydra/TCU issues

I am still having issues getting the Hydra to work with my transmission. I had AWD Tuning install the Hydra, and the engine is running well but it won't shift out of first. If i go back to my old ECU, it shifts fine so the TCU must be looking for some signal from the ECU that its not getting and I need to figure out what it is missing.

Since Mike (longassname) has so much experience with both the ECU and TCU, i was hoping he would have some insight into this. If anyone knows how to reach him, please let me know. Thanks!!

halistan 08-02-2018 01:57 PM

Re: Does anyone know how to reach LAN? Hydra/TCU issues

I got in touch with him. Thanks everyone!

svxnavyvet 08-02-2018 10:20 PM

What did he say about your problem

Sean486 08-03-2018 06:29 AM

This is interesting, I think most of the hydra people had manual swaps, so I wonder if it ever came up before.

jman050 08-05-2018 06:24 AM

I'm also curious as to the solution

halistan 08-07-2018 10:54 AM

I haven't resolved it yet. I'm going to PRT performance after work to talk to Steve about it but this is what Mike replied with:

Hey Ray,
Yes, the TCU shifts according to vehicle speed & throttle position.
Both vehicle speed sensors are on the transmission.
Vss1 is the main sensor and is on the extension housing.
Vss2 mainly drives the speedometer and is on the bell housing.
I imagine you messed up the throttle position sensor signal.

halistan 08-08-2018 09:28 AM

UPDATE

I went to PRT Performance last night and did some diagnostic testing with them and long story short, the Hydra doesn't seem to be putting 5 volts to the TPS like it should. It only sends .5volts.

When we connected the OEM ECU, the harness showed 5 volts so we know that it's the Hydra, or the wiring harness for the Hydra. I'm going to reach out to Phil and see what we can do.

svxnavyvet 08-08-2018 11:04 PM

Thats good to know I have a hydra in mine and its not running need to put new motor in it

halistan 08-13-2018 12:10 PM

So when i got the Hydra uninstalled I was looking over the harness and there were 2 wires coming from the SVX side that were not connected to anything on the Hydra side of the harness. I looked them up and one was the TPS ground wire, and the other was labeled "Shield"

Tonight i am going to splice those wires into the spots where they belong and try plugging everything back in. Wish me luck!

Svx95 08-13-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halistan (Post 749118)
So when i got the Hydra uninstalled I was looking over the harness and there were 2 wires coming from the SVX side that were not connected to anything on the Hydra side of the harness. I looked them up and one was the TPS ground wire, and the other was labeled "Shield"

Tonight i am going to splice those wires into the spots where they belong and try plugging everything back in. Wish me luck!

Ray,

Make sure you splice the ground to sensor ground, if you have that specific pin available. If sensor ground is not an option make sure you don't ground it with other ignition grounds to prevent "noise/interference/ground loops". I would ground the "shield" to the body close to the Hydra. You should have a handful of other "shield" wires coming from crank/cam sensors. Where are those pinned to?

-Sam L.