The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   SVX+DEAR=uhoh! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35935)

TCamusJr 11-02-2006 01:51 PM

SVX+DEAR=uhoh!

Well late into halloween night, the svx and a dear had a chance encounter. Luckily we all three (me, the svx, and the dear) walked away from the ordeal.

Seems like the deer ran into the side of the car, which brushed up against it doing about 40 mph. How it walked away from it, I do not know. But I saw it on the side of the road afterwards walking away, slowly. No blood or anything thankfully too, just some hair.

Problem being, my driver's sideview mirror, driver's side marker, and driver's headlight assembly got taken out in the process. The fender is mangled cosmetically, and the hood doesnt close properly and is damaged as well.

Anyway, i was crusing the parts sights (subaryparts.com and what not) and have not been able to find a quote for a new sideview mirror. Anyone have any info on that?

I need the car to last me until August, so my hope is that the insurance company will total the car, since I could buy it back and make minimal repairs (really some duct tape would take care of most of it) to get use out of it until August.

It's a 1994 with 151,xxx miles and The BBV is rougly $3500, so it should be close.

svxistentialist 11-03-2006 06:14 AM

Lucky it wasn't an old dear.

They would be into litigation!:rolleyes:

:)

Speedklix 11-03-2006 07:05 AM

I have seen a number of deer "attack" moving vehicles, always looks scary. I can only imagine what went through your mind. ..Expecially with a driver side impact! :eek:
Glad you are okay.

What color is your car anyway?

Ricochet 11-03-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Lucky it wasn't an old dear.

They would be into litigation!:rolleyes:

Give him a break he's from PA

[/penn state hater]

Uncamitzi 11-03-2006 09:56 AM

?

My dear...

my deer...

i'm confused.. :confused:

again there is a reason they spell these things different.

Unless.....

(nevermind);)

svxistentialist 11-03-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncamitzi
My dear...

my deer...

i'm confused.. :confused:

again there is a reason they spell these things different.

Unless.....

(nevermind);)

Confused Mitch?

It's simple; it gets dear when they bump into you and break off your driver's mirror.

:rolleyes: ;)

Uncamitzi 11-03-2006 10:05 AM

ahhh.... that "splain" it....:cool:

subeman90 11-04-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
Give him a break he's from PA

[/penn state hater]

not everyone from PA likes PSU... GO Pitt!

oh and don't spend the money on the whistles either....the dear deer I hit knocked them right off the car. :rolleyes:

SVXtacy 11-04-2006 02:01 PM

Hmmm, I just got through looking on eBay and saw what is essentially a green SVX being parted out. Judging by what's being parted out, it was in a rear collission, so take a look. He might have all the parts u need.