The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lights (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3054)

Seraph 03-08-2002 10:31 PM

Lights

I just want to see how many people here drive with the lights on...

Just a question

Lwin

SSSVX 03-10-2002 04:10 PM

Only when it is dark or raining (only low beams) -- picked this and when it's heavy rain or foggy...fog light will be on.
How about you?

Don't leave all the times on maybe also because the alternator output is not good enough...maybe after upgrade the alternator.

:) is that anyone going to demo - how to upgrade the alternator at the reading iii? what materials/tools need to bring? who knows? how long it would take? :D:D

PS:need stronger alternator.

Aredubjay 03-11-2002 10:30 AM

I run LB's and fogs all the time. I know some people think that the fogs should only be used in fog, but, I have a 40 mile commute through a state park and along roads laden with cornfields. These areas attract "Bambi." The foggers illuminate the sides of the roads much better than straight LB's, so, I keep the foggers on. They've saved my butt from running over, or being run over by Bambi, on more than a few occasions.

Seraph 03-11-2002 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
They've saved my butt from running over, or being run over by Bambi, on more than a few occasions.
Being ran over by (and or) running over those things are harmful to your health if you are so attached to your car.

Does those little deer whistles really work or is it just a waste of $$?

I run my lights on ALL the time too since I was told as a kid (living in europe and middle east) that in winter months you need to run the lights all the time. They are also proven to be safer as well since you know the other car is comming at ya.

Lwin

Mr. Pockets 03-11-2002 11:07 AM

Cars are just more visible with their lights on. Even when I didn't have a car that turned its lights off for me I drove with them on day or night.

That way I also never get caught one click away from having my headlights on. I don't know about you, but every time I see someone driving in the dark with just their parking lights on, I think, 'what an idiot...'

Aredubjay 03-11-2002 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim

Being ran over by (and or) running over those things are harmful to your health if you are so attached to your car.

Does those little deer whistles really work or is it just a waste of $$?

I run my lights on ALL the time too since I was told as a kid (living in europe and middle east) that in winter months you need to run the lights all the time. They are also proven to be safer as well since you know the other car is comming at ya.

Lwin

A local TV station did an investigative report on the use of Deer Whistles. They polled the local body shops to see how many Deer-nailed cars they repaired and how many had "whistles" and how many didn't. Turns out the repairs are 50/50 with and without. I think they're probably a waste of money.

(Just so's you know, I don't REALLY have deer whistles on my car, nor a cow-catcher, possum screen nor gun rack :D)