The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lol terminated? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33599)

NikFu S. 06-09-2006 09:51 AM

Lol terminated?

I guess there's something to be said about working under ex-family.

We have a 16 year history of arguing and fighting and the ex-old man never caught on that I'm no longer a kid and do not deserve to be treated like one.

I guess there's also something to be said about discrimination in the work place, but that is a pretty convoluted matter.

It's funny because I was just explaining to someone how much I hated working there then BAM an hour later verbally fired by the dad-monger.

It is in no way official though.
I went to higher management to get a hold of the situation, but I thought, **** it this place is nothing but problems.
I quit.

"You're done. Terminated. Get out."
Lol terminated? Done? You can't fire me. I'm out this *****. My life starts now. Yours gets worse.

I'm the 7th or 8th person to "quit" or get "fired" in the past month. This summer is going to suck for them.

Claims ahoy!

Lol.

NikFu S. 06-09-2006 06:11 PM

The Monger just called asking if I wanted to stay employed with them.

I said no.

Signing the quitting papers Monday.

Lol @ terminated.

DarknessofDeath 06-09-2006 10:41 PM

you the man

Chiketkd 06-09-2006 10:47 PM

Good luck in your job search!

Monster
Career Builder
Hotjobs
America's Job Bank
& your local classifieds

-JJ- 06-10-2006 07:09 AM

Good luck, hope your next job brings you happyier days;)

Electrophil 06-10-2006 08:10 AM

No unemployment if you quit. ;)

Suby Fan 06-10-2006 11:59 AM

that makes two of us that left our job's... i already have a interview for intergrove ford now though!

NikFu S. 06-10-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
No unemployment if you quit. ;)

I was fired the last time I worked for these guys and didn't take unemployment. I was offered the option of quitting before I got fired from MCI (telemarketing, awesome people, **** job). I took the quit.

I don't intend to ever apply for unemployment.

I'm looking at a job right now that pays a little more, is a little closer, a little easier (maybe a lot easier).

Working for WWM was so ****ty. Aside from the fact my boss was my ex-step dad, I was never guaranteed 40 hour weeks so pretty much all winter I was living of 500-700 a month with 15-30 hour work weeks.
Summer is great for hours, but it's back breaking labor.

I had seniority over a lot of the newer guys but the boss was always undermining it and holding me down. He never got my driver's file assembled like he kept saying he would, he never got around to my CDL training (ie raises), he gave work priority to newer guys, and I was always underestimated because of my size even though I can both lift more and haul longer distance than bigger guys. I can lift like 180lbs on a 138lb frame.

June 1st was my year review, or was supposed to be, maybe they don't give reviews there, but I didn't see any chance for me to move up or take any steps towards financial independance so I just said that's enough. I'm fed up with this place.
I feel like a slave working for them.
I'm going to start pooling money back into my savings which is almost empty. I think I have like $120 in there. :rolleyes: Then I'll drop 1G on certifications and tests for both CDLs and IT certs like A+, MCSE and whatever.

My ambition just kicked in.

Royal Tiger 06-10-2006 03:33 PM

I hear you can make out pretty nicely driving oil trucks in Alaska, 18 wheelers. Be worth getting your CDL.

It's Just Eric 06-10-2006 11:14 PM

Ive been in a bit of a job quagmire myself the passing winter. I was working at a fabrication shop untill I was let go due to the fact my boss couldnt afford to keep me :( Had a hard hard time getting a new job. This particular area has no jobs at all untill summer kicks in (Damn tourism)
Didnt help that my other job, a convience store chain well known to the NJ PA area that will remain unnamed, was really really giving me the dick. I Have been working there for just over 3 years now, and it worked pretty good as a part time while I was in high school kinda thing, but when push came to shove they wouldnt give me the hours I needed ( 4 hours a week?!?!) That plus they kept firing me for no reason. I had lost my job there 3 times in 2 months, two were circumstances that werent my fault and the other happened to be a freak incident.
Now I've used my ambition and experience in related fields to get a job at a local body shop. Great plus sides to it are that I get more than enough hours a week (10 hours a day, 5 days a week) and Im learning alot,and itll be one hell of a resume builder... but the huge..HUGE bad thing is the pay rate..... 6.50 an hour. Even considering Im an apprentice with technically no experiance or education, thars just slavery rates. That being said I have to keep my other two jobs (The inconvenience store and also a shoe store) so I can almost afford to pay my car insurance and my fair share of the mortgage.Going to inquire about a raise on monday, so that hopefully I can quit that inconvenience store.....

Oh crap, sorry, was I rambling again? Either way, youll get into a job that will actually take you somewhere. Just keep your eyes open

NikFu S. 06-12-2006 10:09 PM

IntArview tomorrow @ 6pm.

Don't be late!

Today ex-boss showed no hard feelings. Said I could use him as a reference because I am so kewl.

Chiketkd 06-13-2006 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
IntArview tomorrow @ 6pm.

Don't be late!

Today ex-boss showed no hard feelings. Said I could use him as a reference because I am so kewl.

Good luck Nick.

If you use your ex-step dad as a reference be very careful - sometimes people say those things but don't really mean it. It could be a way for him to maintain 'control' of you and keep track of the places you apply to and whether you get the job or not! ;)

NikFu S. 06-13-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Good luck Nick.

If you use your ex-step dad as a reference be very careful - sometimes people say those things but don't really mean it. It could be a way for him to maintain 'control' of you and keep track of the places you apply to and whether you get the job or not! ;)

He's not that kind of person. He's a good guy. He's just an asshole sometimes.

But so am I. ;)

I can trust him.

upnygimp 06-13-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark
I hear you can make out pretty nicely driving oil trucks in Alaska, 18 wheelers. Be worth getting your CDL.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad...AerialView.jpg

?

NikFu S. 06-13-2006 09:15 PM

Teh hiAred.
Start tomorrow. :D

I suddenly don't care about politics.