The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We Are Officially a Ghost Town (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65344)

Blacky 08-16-2022 02:43 PM

We Are Officially a Ghost Town

It's been 8 days since the last post on this forum I believe. I think this rates as Ghost Town status. The sound of crickets if deafening.
Everyone's gone to the Facebook, now I'm alone again. (Steely Dan music playing).

svxnavyvet 08-16-2022 04:07 PM

Re: We Are Officially a Ghost Town

you not alone
It's just so hot here I'm not out working on anything. but we are fixing a fende,r door and 1/4 on a black one. doing the bottom half of the car black cherry and some enkie shoguns in carbon fiber dip with candy apple red over that. the guy hit a dear and he did not want to fix it so got a good a price on it. has a miss with no check engine light. so now that I have a ssm1 with cartridges for svx will get it running good. fun part is taking apart the steering column to get all the glass out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 754122)
It's been 8 days since the last post on this forum I believe. I think this rates as Ghost Town status. The sound of crickets if deafening.
Everyone's gone to the Facebook, now I'm alone again. (Steely Dan music playing).

svxnavyvet 08-16-2022 04:15 PM

they will never have the info that is on here

irox 08-16-2022 05:32 PM

Not alone.

Facebook in it's current form is very bad for the world, people should think twice about facebookwalling their communities...

Funny enough, I was going to post something just to make sure posting on the forums was working. :) Thanks for testing.

oab_au 08-16-2022 05:57 PM

No not alone, I check in here every day for the last 20 years.:cool:

AlephNull 08-16-2022 06:45 PM

I've just been sad for my SVX lately..I miss driving it so much. While parked for diagnosis of a misfire, a stray rock from weeding struck +shattered the passenger window; once this was sealed up awaiting repair, a cat became trapped inside one day and was fine, but managed to damage every surface..(her kitten was stolen by the other mama cats, who eventually ran her off. I miss that cat..) Now I won't have to mind as much to use it as a normal car, but even with a new window and the misfire fixed, all of the drawbacks of a 28-year-old car w/only 67,000 miles await: timing belt, water pump, alternator, sensors, etc..all of the original stuff, due now or soon to be replaced! My rationalizations for this machine are currently being tested..
Hang in there! We're not all on the facebook yet.

Blacky 08-16-2022 07:51 PM

Igor, It's alive!!!

Blacky 08-16-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxnavyvet (Post 754123)
you not alone
It's just so hot here I'm not out working on anything. but we are fixing a fende,r door and 1/4 on a black one. doing the bottom half of the car black cherry and some enkie shoguns in carbon fiber dip with candy apple red over that. the guy hit a dear and he did not want to fix it so got a good a price on it. has a miss with no check engine light. so now that I have a ssm1 with cartridges for svx will get it running good. fun part is taking apart the steering column to get all the glass out.

I always loved the Shoguns.

Blacky 08-16-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irox (Post 754125)
Not alone.

Facebook in it's current form is very bad for the world, people should think twice about facebookwalling their communities...

Funny enough, I was going to post something just to make sure posting on the forums was working. :) Thanks for testing.

I will not, have not nor ever will be a facebooker!!!

Subaru oldtimer 08-16-2022 07:58 PM

Disagree! I look in here at least 3-4 times a week. I'm not saying how my SVX is doing as I don't want to jinx anything.
Wanting to upgrade the radio, just waiting on our friend who does the harness adaptors to reply to my emails.
Say well everyone.

svxnavyvet 08-16-2022 10:01 PM

me to I need at least 5 of those adaptors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaru oldtimer (Post 754131)
Disagree! I look in here at least 3-4 times a week. I'm not saying how my SVX is doing as I don't want to jinx anything.
Wanting to upgrade the radio, just waiting on our friend who does the harness adaptors to reply to my emails.
Say well everyone.

Trevor 08-16-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 754126)
No not alone, I check in here every day for the last 20 years.:cool:

Me too Harvey, we should light the place up again. LLOVL!

Special regards, Trevor.

bwb3 08-17-2022 05:52 AM

I check in every day, just don't have anything to contribute.

SVX_MY_BABY 08-17-2022 10:21 AM

Check in routinely. Never on faceboot.:p

Been trying to get a 2009 Jag XF running properly so I can sell it after which I must get the SVX off of the battery tender and out for a run.

LarryIII 08-17-2022 02:14 PM

Move the Jag so you can take the SVX out for a run. We have a lot of cars in the driveway in front of our SVXes. I have to regularly move the OBs & BAHA so I can run the SVXes & Viper.