The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sometimes the SVX does not feel rare at all, 2 Sightings in 2 days (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58818)

Sean486 12-07-2011 09:59 AM

Sometimes the SVX does not feel rare at all, 2 Sightings in 2 days

Coming south from Muncy on Rt 147 I saw a familiar shape pull onto the highway (I was in my Mazda), sure enough it was a green SVX. It was getting dark so hard to tell which green color it was. It had SUBARU spelled out in chrome stick on letters on the rear drivers side and SVX spelled out on the rear passenger side. Also had a front windshield visor, that said Subaru. When I passed him I saw that it was a young guy driving. He turned off when we got to Sunbury. Too hard to get a picture while driving.

Today I was at the Naval Support Activity Base in Mechanicsburg and saw an Ebony with a tan interior and pin stripe parked at one of the buildings.

Both looked to be in very good shape. Either belong to anyone here?

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_9716.jpg

Conn SVX 12-07-2011 01:39 PM

Re: Sometimes the SVX does not feel rare at all, 2 Sightings in 2 days

I have only spotted maybe 10 in all the years of me driving mine 15 years . One was in Nashville, Tenn. 2 were here in town . one pulled into the Lowe's Parking lot looking for me . The mechanic/parts guy at the local Subaru dealer had one. saw one at a fitness gym in Stratford,Conn.
Last year a RED one driving around Lake George in NY . sighting are now far and few in between . Our local dealer sold quite a few in the 92 -95 era.

Sean486 12-07-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 692448)
I have only spotted maybe 10 in all the years of me driving mine 15 years . One was in Nashville, Tenn. 2 were here in town . one pulled into the Lowe's Parking lot looking for me . The mechanic/parts guy at the local Subaru dealer had one. saw one at a fitness gym in Stratford,Conn.
Last year a RED one driving around Lake George in NY . sighting are now far and few in between . Our local dealer sold quite a few in the 92 -95 era.

I may see more than most people since I drive all over Central PA for work, but there does seem to be quite a lot around here, both for sale and on the streets.

1986nate 12-08-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 692451)
I may see more than most people since I drive all over Central PA for work, but there does seem to be quite a lot around here, both for sale and on the streets.

I would be willing to bet that more were sold in PA than any other state, probably by a longshot. I could be wrong though, but based on a lot of factors, that's my guess.

Manarius 12-08-2011 04:18 AM

Strange. I'm on base every day and I've never seen that car. Heck, all the gate guards know me because of my strange car.

Too bad I'm not driving mine these days or you would have seen mine.

Looks like you were down somewhere near the 500 buildings. If you came in the main gate, you probably didn't get a chance to see my new ride.

Sean486 12-08-2011 04:36 AM

What's the new ride?

SubaruJawn 12-08-2011 05:09 AM

subaru is secretly still making them....:lol:
its not a 97 or older, actually a 2010 ! :lol:

dennyo 12-08-2011 06:43 AM

I know what you mean. Last 2 trips to ohio from albany ny and not one to be seen. The day after i put an ad in the local paper to sell mine there's one on the side of the road for sale. Go figure. And now another 50 miles away.:confused:

Manarius 12-08-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 692500)
What's the new ride?

2005 White Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited.

92snowmachine 12-08-2011 08:59 AM

i actually didn't think they were all that rare until i bought one because in CO you see them regularly. sometimes they are far apart but i see at least one a month and have actually seen two in one day while driving my own.

Sean486 12-08-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 692519)
2005 White Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited.

Are you concerned at all about the head gaskets holding up?

sunvalleyray 12-08-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 692438)
Coming south from Muncy on Rt 147 I saw a familiar shape pull onto the highway (I was in my Mazda), sure enough it was a green SVX. It was getting dark so hard to tell which green color it was. It had SUBARU spelled out in chrome stick on letters on the rear drivers side and SVX spelled out on the rear passenger side. Also had a front windshield visor, that said Subaru. When I passed him I saw that it was a young guy driving. He turned off when we got to Sunbury. Too hard to get a picture while driving.

Today I was at the Naval Support Activity Base in Mechanicsburg and saw an Ebony with a tan interior and pin stripe parked at one of the buildings.

Both looked to be in very good shape. Either belong to anyone here?

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_9716.jpg

Depending on the month I drive between 2 K to 4 K for my business and rarely see a SVX. On Wednesday I am driving to the gym and turn on to Parley's Way in Salt Lake City and a blue SVX pulls up next to me. I have met the owner since we live in the same area but how often does this happen to anyone! Small world especially out west specifically in SLC area where I estimate there are less than twenty SVX'S in the entire state.

Ray

Manarius 12-08-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 692525)
Are you concerned at all about the head gaskets holding up?

05+ has a much lower chance of throwing up headgaskets than the 99-04 model. The 05 2.5 is the EJ253.

92snowmachine 12-08-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 692552)
05+ has a much lower chance of throwing up headgaskets than the 99-04 model. The 05 2.5 is the EJ253.

i would be willing to bet if you have more than 60k that there is already "seapage" (subaru term) from the driver head if you take off the cover and look at the very back corner.

Sean486 12-08-2011 04:31 PM

My Mom had a '02 at 120K the head gaskets went. I still love them though.