The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU Tune Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Performance expectation from new Stage 1 chip (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50255)

CO SVX 05-14-2009 06:45 PM

Performance expectation from new Stage 1 chip

This new version is supposedly going to replace the existing Stage One chip (according to ECUTune). I have a '92 with 65,000 miles. The only other performance mod is a cold air induction system.

I have verified that the slot is active and disconnected the negative terminal twice for at least 2 hours to resent the ECU system. Has anyone else had a similar problem with any Stage One chip? I guess I am looking to discover if I should exchange this chip because I should have a very noticeable performance increase or exchange for a Stage Two. It appears there are a lot of people here that have gone to the Stage Two. How is that chip for everyday driving and no other mods?

NikFu S. 05-14-2009 08:47 PM

I for one have not even heard of this version module.

What year SVX do you have? More info please.

sabin 05-14-2009 10:02 PM

Re: Performance expectation from new Stage 1 chip

that's the new aggressive tune dale was having people test

poweredx2 05-15-2009 03:27 AM

I just got that version 2 weeks ago,make sure your chip is fully pressed in.As far as performance I felt and verfied my gains,at least two cars faster or about 15-20hp strong midrange.I run drag radials on my car and after my small issues got settle I can spin both front wheels thru first gear.I can run a 96 impala SS with a pulley and exhaust thru the 1/4 and have a good car on him by the finish line,where before he was giving me half a car and nosing me out at the finish.Now this chevy I tested with runs high 14s also.Also my car is fwd and very well modded.

CO SVX 05-15-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO SVX (Post 601386)
I recently installed the new Stage One chip (Stage1Av1). I have been through all of the troubleshooting, working with ECUTune. My question is, what level of performance gain should I see, thus far I cannot determine there is any improvement.

Is the Stage One chip the equivalent to a cold air induction system? I am just trying to get a feel for what my expectations should be - Thanks.

I have a '92 with 65,000 miles. The chip is brand new and will eventually replace the current State One (according to ECUTune). The only other performance mod is a cold air induction.
I have verified the socket is active and disconnected the negative terminal twice for several hours at a time to reset.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.

SVXRide 05-15-2009 01:42 PM

Did you do any baseline testing prior to installing the chip (1/4 time/trap speed, 0-60 time?). There is a certain amount of "learning" the ECU goes through after the battery has been disconnected.

Stage 2 is an entirely different ball game, as it involves a non-stock MAF and injectors. Given the low number of miles you have on your SVX, I'd recommend sticking with Stage 1.

-Bill