The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wiper motor or fuse??????? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31326)

YellowBird 02-04-2006 07:00 AM

Wiper motor or fuse???????

Neither.

I told her - Just push the damn thing up to make it go. Turning it in circles was for the speed of the interm. wipers.

A light bulb lit some where.

She ran out and tried it. The wipers worked.

The girl really needs to spend some time with her car in the daylight.

I'm not sure if she ever figured out the headlights.....she took the Mercury to Wal-Mart. I guess it was easier.

ensteele 02-04-2006 10:12 AM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

YellowBird 02-04-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My daughter, the one who I bought the black for, hoping she'd get interested in driving. She's 19 and not real car savvy.

I shoulda got her an easier car maybe. :D

ensteele 02-04-2006 01:07 PM

Ok, now I understand. :) There are member here who have found out new things this car does after several years of ownership. :D :D

Dru 02-07-2006 01:54 PM

Like what? I just got an owners manual and found some stuff out, like how to fold down the back seats from inside

Earthworm 02-07-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru
Like what?

- adjustable head rests
- winter wiper mode
- speed sensitive wipers
- under seat storage compartment

...plus many more.

SubyLuver 02-07-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
- adjustable head rests
- winter wiper mode
- speed sensitive wipers
- under seat storage compartment

...plus many more.

Do tell... I am interested in what the heck the wiper mode switch actually does... Also Speed sensitive wipers? under seat storage? The head rests are just movable up and down right?

gest24 02-07-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubyLuver
Do tell... I am interested in what the heck the wiper mode switch actually does... Also Speed sensitive wipers? under seat storage? The head rests are just movable up and down right?

The winter mode puts your wiper blades higher in the off position so if there is snow in there it's easier to clean out. As for the speed sensitive, they start going faster as you go faster. My XT6 was the same way, one of the coolest features I ever saw... lol

Earthworm 02-08-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubyLuver

Sorry to spoil the surprises. ;)

The wipers, when in intermittant mode, will increase in frequency in relation to vehicle speed. I've noticed changes every 25mph or so.

The passenger seat has a storage try underneath it (LSL/LSi models)

Headrests tilt forward...you have to just pull on them.