The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Members location map idea (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48987)

SoCal LS-L 02-03-2009 12:27 AM

Members location map idea

Wouldnt it be sweet to have a map on the homepage of this forum (or link)showing the locations of members as little dots? Hovering over the dot could show the network name/link to user profile. That would be splendid. :D;) Err or has this been done already?
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...ronbiggums.gif

YourConfused 02-03-2009 12:49 AM

Re: Members location map idea

This a really good idea.

intellibomb 02-03-2009 01:04 AM

+1 good idea

someone did this already tho.... i remember it not working well because of lack of users.... it was on yahoo clubs or somethign,, they have a map thingee that does what you are talking about.... but one that is central for this site and seen on the mainpage would be nifty for sure

svxcess 02-03-2009 02:10 AM

It has already been done. Go here and sign up or just click on the pins to see who already registered.

http://www.frappr.com/svx

MY PIN on this map.

Phat Ride 02-03-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren View Post
Where did you get the graphic of Mechelle Obama??
How dare you compare your fist lady to Dave Chappelle acting as a dancing crack head, check your sight she resembles him in no way, then you spelled her name wrong........that is so-so disrespectful. Where ever you pulled that lame cock sided since of humor from you need to put that back, and put it up. We as fellow Americans should have some respect for our leaders and set some boundaries as to what we let come out of our mouths or what we write about them no matter their differences or short comings, or what we don't like about them. No I'm not making a big deal about it, nor will I call you a racist from one thoughtless post, I guess I'm trying to say in a respectful way as a American that that crap was way out of order.

svxistentialist 02-03-2009 01:14 PM

Intellibomb's post has been deleted because he was asked to reconsider his remark of calling another member a "fuggin racist" and he refused to do so.

This is a Public Warning to Intellibomb.

Additional personal insults will be regarded as repeat offending after being advised to tone it down, and will have consequences.

Joe

Wikedjuggalo 02-03-2009 01:44 PM

wow that jumped down hill quick.....

Anywho I posted on there a while back its a good idea!

svxistentialist 02-03-2009 02:06 PM

Yep, I think So-Cal's is a good idea too.

If everybody uses the map it means you can check up what members or owners are near at hand if you want help, plan to set up a meeting, just for a chat, for loads of things.

We should see whether we could have a link either to Frapper or a Google map system on the Main page, or maybe on each Meeting forum.

Joe

RSVX 02-03-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phat Ride (Post 585720)
How dare you compare your fist lady to Dave Chappelle acting as a dancing crack head, check your sight she resembles him in no way, then you spelled her name wrong........that is so-so disrespectful. Where ever you pulled that lame cock sided since of humor from you need to put that back, and put it up. We as fellow Americans should have some respect for our leaders and set some boundaries as to what we let come out of our mouths or what we write about them no matter their differences or short comings, or what we don't like about them. No I'm not making a big deal about it, nor will I call you a racist from one thoughtless post, I guess I'm trying to say in a respectful way as a American that that crap was way out of order.

I have but one thing to say in response to this.

Eight years of Bush / Chimp pictures. It's HUMOR.

Also, Michelle Obama is NOT a leader of our country, but her husband is.

Phat Ride 02-03-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

I have but one thing to say in response to this.

Eight years of Bush / Chimp pictures. It's HUMOR.

Also, Michelle Obama is NOT a leader of our country, but her husband is.
He's not our President anymore. He's HUMOR

No she's not the leader but she is a leader and will play a role and represent you and me indirectly in her responsibility as the first lady, and rude comments about our leaders wife or anyone's wife I feel is out of bounds, kids too.

Members location map idea: My original reason I looked at this post..........I think that's a great idea SoCal LS-L.

Wikedjuggalo 02-03-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phat Ride (Post 585745)
He's not our President anymore. He's HUMOR

No she's not the leader but she is a leader and will play a role and represent you and me indirectly in her responsibility as the first lady, and rude comments about our leaders wife or anyone's wife I feel is out of bounds, kids too.

Members location map idea: My original reason I looked at this post..........I think that's a great idea SoCal LS-L.

okay.... I think we all need to chill out and not take stuff so personal. Honestly it was a joke, take it as such.

LetItSnow 02-03-2009 03:45 PM

The sooner it stops being brought up, the sooner it won't be part of this thread, yeh?

I'm on the frappr map!

Francis 02-03-2009 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i've got something way more accurate than your stupid website . there ya go:)

Crazy_pilot 02-03-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 585751)
I'm on the frappr map!

Me too! I'm so alone...

svxistentialist 02-03-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francis (Post 585756)
i've got something way more accurate than your stupid website . there ya go:)

Cool Francis. That looks really accurate.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...vor-raw_06.jpg

I'm in there too, page 15, I think.

Joe :)