The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whant A Rear Wheel 5 Speed Svx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27571)

blacknite 07-27-2005 10:26 AM

Whant A Rear Wheel 5 Speed Svx

I Was Just Thinking On Replacing My Tranny With Rear Wheel. Has Anybody Has Any Inf. On The Best Options And Where Can I Get Pictures??? To Compare Or If Anyone As Try This??? Any Info Will Be Appreciated!!!!!

blacknite 07-27-2005 10:27 AM

Sorry For The Spelling!!!!!!!

mikecg 07-27-2005 10:35 AM

Best thing I can think of is look up the new Subaru drift car. There's a guy drifting a RWD WRX STi. I think he still has the stock tranny, he just had it modified for RWD and removed the front shafts.

blacknite 07-27-2005 10:39 AM

I Found The Article On The Sportcompact Magazine But Could Never Find The Website For The Kit That Make This Happend. But I'm Looking For A Tranny That Will Bolt On. Froma Different Car...

87f383 07-27-2005 12:14 PM

do 5 spd conversion... remove front cv shafts but leave cups in front hubs to support bearings... now weld the center diff or buy the conversion diff. There you go... RWD. Be prepared for the output yoke on the tranny to take a crap on you... they aren't that strong... i've got this on my agenda to do in the future....possibly, still contemplating pros/cons.

benebob 07-27-2005 12:29 PM

We drove or racer in rwd for a race (until the tranny completed pooping out entirely). It was amazing. There's a pick of the car that day on our site. It was the Frackville Autox in April. I'm sure it would've been just as much fun had there not been snow on the ground as well.

blacknite 07-27-2005 12:46 PM

The Only Problem I See, Going With The Subaru Tranny Is That It Was Designed To Be All Wheel Drive. And I Was Looking In To A Different Tranny Like The Eone On The Early Infinity, But I Guess I Will Need To Go To The Junk Yard And Make Some Measurment... I'm Trying To See If Anybody Has Any Inf On This???. I Want Something That Will At Least Be More Reliable.. Any Suggestions???

Thank You All For Your Help!!!!!!

benebob 07-27-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknite
The Only Problem I See, Going With The Subaru Tranny Is That It Was Designed To Be All Wheel Drive. And I Was Looking In To A Different Tranny Like The Eone On The Early Infinity, But I Guess I Will Need To Go To The Junk Yard And Make Some Measurment... I'm Trying To See If Anybody Has Any Inf On This???. I Want Something That Will At Least Be More Reliable.. Any Suggestions???

Thank You All For Your Help!!!!!!

Probably won't find one more reliable as you'd be custom fabing a lot for it but youre best bets from what I've looked at are 280-300zs and supras for a rwd tranny that might fit.

Hocrest 07-27-2005 01:12 PM

I've heard rumors that Nissans from early to mid 90's may be close... Pathfinders's and Z's????

I've posted looking for measurements on a Nissan board, but no one is helping me :mad:

mikecg 07-27-2005 01:20 PM

I'll be pulling the engine and tranny from a 240Z and a 280Z soon. I'll look at it to see it there simular to the SVX bell housing. However, off hand I'd say no. I know the starter location is different, but I dont know if that will effect anything.

blacknite 07-27-2005 01:38 PM

when are you planning on dong that?

MaxImUmZ 07-27-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Probably won't find one more reliable as you'd be custom fabing a lot for it but youre best bets from what I've looked at are 280-300zs and supras for a rwd tranny that might fit.

most bulletproof tranny ever, the borg warner t5 from the turbo 84-86 z's. If you do pull a tranny from a z make sure its outta a turbo z

MaxImUmZ 07-27-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
I've heard rumors that Nissans from early to mid 90's may be close... Pathfinders's and Z's????

I've posted looking for measurements on a Nissan board, but no one is helping me :mad:

z31.com/board you will get a reply quickly

TomsSVX 07-27-2005 01:49 PM

I remember some one on here saying that they had a guy who would make a custom adapter to fit a supra trans onto our motors. Can't remember who t was though.

Tom

87f383 07-27-2005 02:04 PM

If anyone wants measurements for a Borg-Warner/Tremec T-56 (Used in Vipers, Cobra, Vettes, and F-bodys) I have two different ones on my garage for my firebird... Just incase anyone is curious... if they will remotely bolt up or conversion plate made.... than any GM sourced tranny will too. T4, M22, 7004r, etc. etc. etc.