The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   heated seats? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3245)

92_SVX_LSL 03-22-2002 01:39 AM

heated seats?

in the fuse panel under the hood ther is a place for a fuse for heated seats, is that possible to put those in. cause i have never heard of an SVX with heated seats. cause i live in Alaska so i would like to know about the heated seat thing cause i don't like sitting on leather seats in -40 weather. seat cover's i won't do either, they are ugly.

LarryIII 03-22-2002 04:12 AM

92_SVX_L,

The European model SVXes have heated seats. I think the Asian models have them to, but I am not sure. The North American models DO NOT have them. If I remember correctly, one of our members investigated this. I think he found the correct wires in the under seat harness but I don't know if he found the heater elements in the seats.
Look in the message archives. Good Luck.

Larry III

0260N4 03-22-2002 04:49 AM

I posted almost the exact same question here a few months ago and was given the same answer. However the upside is that you can ahve them installed. There is a company that doesnt it and has many dealers nationwide. I dont remember the name offhand but do a search for heated seats and you will find my post. The cost was about $300 per seat and it was apparently a fairly quick install. Ahh I didnt notice you were in Palmer, I think it was Safe and Sound here in town that was doing the install. We ought to get together and talk SVX. Send me a PM.

0260N4

MartyMcFly 03-22-2002 07:32 AM

heating seats

my svx '92 is a european one.
both front seats are heated.
it works pretty good.

Green1995SVX 03-22-2002 08:22 AM

CDN svx's have heated seats. I called a dealer in Ontario... all the parts are available thru them, and they will ship. PM me for the dealer info.

-Mike

PS- JDM svx's did NOT have heated seats.

drivemusicnow 12-26-2002 02:56 PM

Ok... i was wondering about this... but then why in my 96 LSi manual is there info on the buttons(not like the ones in the picture) ? it says Heated seats (if equipped) and it has a picture of them on the black bar of buttons right under the dash. It's right where the rear window defogger switch is... has anyone done the $300 conversion?? and if so, what do you think about it? thanks for any info

Green1995SVX 12-26-2002 03:19 PM

It's shown in there because US and Canadian SVX's share the same owners manual. In the 92-95 SVX, the switches are located int he coin holder area to the right of the steering wheel. in the 96-97, the switches are apperently in those black bar areas because the ODBII Diagnostic Connector is in the coin-holder location.

Mike

svxcess 12-26-2002 06:36 PM

Here is the thread on non-factory heated seats. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ht=heated+seat

In my post there is a photo of the factory heated switch assembly for the 92 SVX. I was going to use the aftermarket system and wire it up to the factory switch.

The aftermarket system is a two position high/low temperature. The factory system is one position, but thermostatically controlled.

Ticallion 12-26-2002 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
[B]CDN svx's have heated seats. I called a dealer in Ontario... all the parts are available thru them, and they will ship. PM me for the dealer info.

-Mike
I don't believe that this is accurate. I have a Canadian spec SVX and it has no heated seats. It's the LS-L model

Landshark 12-28-2002 08:33 AM

an ugly (but cheaper) alternative -
get one of those "massage cushions" with heat. i bought one for my wife a while back - it has different massage functions and, unlike a factory seat heater, would heat all the way up your back (not just your arse :) ). it has a 120V plug for home, and a 12V adapter for a car cigarette lighter.
we never used it in a car, but might be a cheap ($40-60) way to stay warm if you don't mind the looks of that thing on your seat.

Joe 90 12-30-2002 08:22 PM

Hi everyone,

The canadian spec SVX came standard with heated seats on 94 1/2 and later models....

To my knowledge, the only changes on 94 1/2 models are:

- Passenger side airbag
- 50/50 split rear seat
- No more automatic seatbelts
- And heated front seats...
(with the switches mounted in liew of the coin tray)

Joe 90