The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Project svx wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65077)

TomsSVX 07-14-2020 04:43 PM

Project svx wanted

Been kicking around ideas for a new project car. So long as the body is decent I'm good with a roller lmk if anyone has one

Tom

huck369 07-15-2020 11:58 AM

Re: Project svx wanted

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 752290)
Been kicking around ideas for a new project car. So long as the body is decent I'm good with a roller lmk if anyone has one

Tom

Good to see you're still around......interested in what your Project will be :)

TomsSVX 07-15-2020 01:05 PM

I think I have a good local guy from Facebook who has a 96 roller I'll probably pick up. Thinking of throwing an ls dry sump in it. Eventually I'll build a a turbo or s/c depending on costs etc for it. I'd like to put roughly 600 to the rear wheels long term goal. Obviously there will be a lot of custom fab work to make it happen but that's what projects are for! Great to hear from you Huck. I see your posts on FB from time to time but I tend to just lurk on the web these days

Tom

huck369 07-15-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 752294)
I think I have a good local guy from Facebook who has a 96 roller I'll probably pick up. Thinking of throwing an ls dry sump in it. Eventually I'll build a a turbo or s/c depending on costs etc for it. I'd like to put roughly 600 to the rear wheels long term goal. Obviously there will be a lot of custom fab work to make it happen but that's what projects are for! Great to hear from you Huck. I see your posts on FB from time to time but I tend to just lurk on the web these days

Tom

Yeah, I'm not as active online as I used to be, Family and Life has kept me pretty busy....but still Got my subies.....had 64 of them so far :)

TomsSVX 07-15-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 752295)
Yeah, I'm not as active online as I used to be, Family and Life has kept me pretty busy....but still Got my subies.....had 64 of them so far :)

That's borderline madness just fyi:D

Tom

huck369 07-16-2020 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 752296)

Tom

....Pretty sure I crossed that border long ago........:eek::D

wdb 07-16-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 752295)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 752296)

Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 752297)
....Pretty sure I crossed that border long ago........:eek::D

I like "beyond eccentricity" myself. Makes 'em pause for a sec.

ZoraSVX 08-03-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 752294)

Tom

Tom, are there many other LS-swapped SVXs out there? Personally, I'm looking for a nice stock one, but can appreciate a properly-done swap. Would love to see some.

TomsSVX 12-07-2020 05:38 PM

I only know of one ever done. Not a whole lot of info available and from what I have heard it was parted out? Who knows.

Currently I have completed the rear subframe from a 350z install and have the rear suspension done so long as I can find a lock collar for my struts. Front suspension is done besides the sway bar but with no front axles I have plenty of room for that. Front x-member is nearly done, just need to refill my argon tanks and get the sway bar figured in. Trans looks like it is in perfect position with everything pushed back as far as I dare it puts the shift linkage exactly where I need it. Will need to make up a trans cross member which should be pretty simple. Once that's done I gotta get a flange adapter for the tran output and get a custom driveshaft made. Then it'll be strictly engine... Intake, fuel system, ems, and cooling. There's also the cage I need to build but I did get a good tubing bender which should make it a little easier. Slow progress is better than no progress

Tom

wdb 12-08-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 752652)
Slow progress is better than no progress

Indeed it is!