The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I hope my SVX looks like this one day!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7014)

Alcyone SVX LSL 11-15-2002 11:31 AM

I hope my SVX looks like this one day!!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxcess/1570.jpg

Thanx svxcess, i took your pic:D :D

I hope to have my SVX looking just like that one day, love the black over red!!! I must say it -I hate black cars, my SVX always looks dirty yet my Red NX hardly shows dirt.

Mr. Pockets 11-15-2002 11:57 AM

If I ever bought another red SVX (like a '94-'97...I wouldn't do this to a '93), I'd paint the roof and trunk black. But I wouldn't do an entire color change unless I had the time and money to strip the car down to its bare body and totally change its color.

Dig the glass headlights on that car...

Alcyone SVX LSL 11-15-2002 12:05 PM

I'll probibly do it to my second SVX or something but i like the '92 the best for some reason. I want to find a lower milage '92 LSL and I would want the paint to be like that, $1,500 would go into the paint.

Green1995SVX 11-15-2002 02:49 PM

I've been thinking about painting my roof and trunk black when I get my car repainted. I have 3 days to make up my mind. Anyone have any suggestions?? :)

Mike

Mr. Pockets 11-15-2002 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I've been thinking about painting my roof and trunk black when I get my car repainted. I have 3 days to make up my mind. Anyone have any suggestions?? :)

Mike

Hmm...you'd have the only black over green that I've heard of...

...might look cool for the same reason the black over claret does. My mom gets lots of 'is the whole top of the car glass?' questions.

ensteele 11-15-2002 03:52 PM

What are the black things on the bumper? Are they headlight washers? That is one fine looking car!!! :)

Green1995SVX 11-15-2002 04:16 PM

That's what they are. :) I have a set of them, but I just dont have the heart to cut into my bumper. Ya want em? ;)

Mike

ensteele 11-15-2002 11:50 PM

If you aren't going to use them, I might give it a try. Let me know if you need postage or anything if you are going to send them to me. :)

CopsodyX 11-16-2002 04:58 AM

Mike, definitely do it. That would be the hottest thing ever!

Landshark 11-16-2002 05:10 AM

i hope my SVX NEVER looks like that! (not a fan of red or two-tone....) YPMV (your preferences may vary :) )

Seraph 11-16-2002 05:44 AM

You'll love the red (Barcelona) in real life. It looks nice and red and just beautiful. Two tone, I really don't like.

Lwin

Landshark 11-16-2002 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
You'll love the red (Barcelona) in real life. It looks nice and red and just beautiful. Two tone, I really don't like.

Lwin

nope. i know what i like, and its not red cars. i've seen them - a guy who works in the same building as my wife has a Barcelona red SVX. my last three cars were black :D

Alcyone SVX LSL 11-16-2002 07:13 PM

My first car was red and i have always loved red cars. The Black is one color that looks great when clean and freshly waxed but in 4 hours of driving my SVX looks like crap, my red car goes for a month without cleaning.

greg 11-16-2002 07:22 PM

You know I love a red car. And they are easy to keep clean, one of my first cars was red. I do not miss the tickets I got in that car. It seemed like I was paying another ticket every other day. Since I got rid of the red car I have only got tickets when I really have deserved them!
So, no red for me thanks.

-G

Jamsvx 11-16-2002 08:08 PM

That photo is from the European brochures (a number of them used that shot) but was photo-edited since the same car, with the same light reflections also appears with a red roof and rear deck.....I don't like the black over read myself - seems only to work on the darker cars and also the white (very effective for the floating roof).

That said, I was watching a British show called 'A Car is Born' where they get a wrecked Jag E-type roadster and rebuild it.....yesterday they did the paint...OMG!!!! I can only say that the paint now looks like liquid...it is incredible!!! When I, *cue dream sequence* get an SVX to drop a manual in ( I know, I know....you US guys are a bad bad influence!!) I plan to paint it a gunmetal colour they used on the Liberty (Legacy) and also some SAAB's....would love to be able to get the same result!!

James