The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fun with the Beav (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6810)

Aredubjay 11-04-2002 02:15 PM

Fun with the Beav

Ward, June and Wally were out of town Saturday, so, I went to Louisville and Beav and I hung out.

Now, I've spent my fair share of time in repair shop waiting rooms. Most of the time worrying . . . worrying if the repair would be done right . . . worrying about cost . . . worrying about . . . well, just flat worrying. Not the case at "Beav's House." I was at ease. Beav even let me watch as he did the deal. It made for a long day, but, it's nice to have someone with whom you can laugh and joke, have lunch (low cholesterol, of course :D ), hang out, and have full confidence in. The ride home was great. No more noise (except when i punched it and the KC exhaust showed it meant business). My apologies to everyone for saying that the Perelli Super Sports were noisy. They are "slightly" noisy, but not as noisy as a bearing (which I'd written off as "tire noise" until it got MUCH louder).

Unfortunately, Beav noticed a tie rod was getting loose. That's next on the "fix-it" list.

Thanks, Beav. It was great spending the day with ya!

ensteele 11-04-2002 02:53 PM

That's the problem with having qualified help. They recognize potential problems and can help you spend more money. :D Job security!!

It is great to have someone who you enjoy and have common interests with work on your car. I suppose instead of worrying, you paced back and forth. :rolleyes: :D :p

wawazat?? 11-04-2002 04:38 PM

Isn't it always

fun with the Beav :confused: :eek: :D

sfsvx 11-04-2002 05:09 PM

Re: Isn't it always

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
fun with the Beav :confused: :eek: :D
Reminds me of the earliest recorded sex talk on TV:

June Cleaver saying to Ward, "Ward, you were pretty hard on the Beaver last night."

wawazat?? 11-04-2002 05:41 PM

I like you Mr. Young!

Thanks for bringging that old joke back around!:D :D :D

Todd

Ron Mummert 11-04-2002 09:10 PM

Re: Re: Isn't it always

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young

June Cleaver saying to Ward, "Ward, you were pretty hard on the Beaver last night."

Uh,oh. I think June muffed her line!

My two-scents - Ron.

wasions 11-05-2002 08:55 AM

So that means . . .

. . . that the Pearlie I saw Saturday on 41, headed south, around 12:30, near 64, wasn't you??!!??

Randy, you have a double - and he's driving your car! :eek:

CigarJohnny 11-05-2002 09:13 AM

Re: Re: Isn't it always

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young

June must've been a wild one. Always seemed to be wearing a fresh pearl necklace when she came downstairs with Ward each morning. :eek: :D

Aredubjay 11-05-2002 10:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: Isn't it always

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny

June must've been a wild one. Always seemed to be wearing a fresh pearl necklace when she came downstairs with Ward each morning. :eek: :D

STOP THAT!! :rolleyes:

Aredubjay 11-05-2002 10:04 AM

Re: So that means . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
. . . that the Pearlie I saw Saturday on 41, headed south, around 12:30, near 64, wasn't you??!!??

Randy, you have a double - and he's driving your car! :eek:

Wasn't me. And, it wasn't the wife. You say the guy looks like me? That would explain the guy (someone I'd never seen in my entire life) giving me the finger as I turned onto a side street, here in Evansville. Seems like a guy who drives a 94 pearly, from somewhere in IL (Lagootee, I think) is selling people Credit Card readers that don't do what they're supposed to. I may have to watch my back around here.

wasions 11-05-2002 10:49 AM

Re: Re: So that means . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Wasn't me. And, it wasn't the wife. You say the guy looks like me? That would explain the guy (someone I'd never seen in my entire life) giving me the finger as I turned onto a side street, here in Evansville. Seems like a guy who drives a 94 pearly, from somewhere in IL (Lagootee, I think) is selling people Credit Card readers that don't do what they're supposed to. I may have to watch my back around here.

Uhhhm, yeah. ;) Uh-huh. :rolleyes: Ho-kay! Whatever you say, Boss! ;)

ensteele 11-05-2002 10:55 AM

Randy

One way to keep from being identified as him when you go to Evensville, would be to drive your RV with the dogs on the hood. :rolleyes: :)

wasions 11-05-2002 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Randy

One way to keep from being identified as him when you go to Evensville, would be to drive your RV with the dogs on the hood. :rolleyes: :)

I think he lost the dogs somewhere around Rockport. :( Either he corners too hard, or they went after a possum. :D

sfsvx 11-09-2002 07:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Isn't it always

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny

You are so gross! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I remember Aredub chastising someone because this is a family forum!!!!

Beav 11-09-2002 11:19 PM

Y'all made this a tough act to follow. I think if I jumped in where y'all left off I'd be tossed out. Afterall, I've been playing this game a lot longer... ;)

Randy, I enjoyed your company too, it takes the sting out of having to work on a Saturday. :) Hopefully next time I'll be back on some meds that'll allow me to cheat on my diet a little. Anyway, your company is always a pleasure, it's the same as spending time with family.