The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crank Angle Sensor 2 location pleaase? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55484)

SVXgarcia 09-13-2010 01:32 PM

Crank Angle Sensor 2 location pleaase?

I have the following codes:
code 22 (knock sensor or circuit right side )
code 29 (Crank Angle Sensor 2)
code 37 (oxygen sensor No.2)

I need location and part number if any one has them?
on the knock sensor what does the circuit part mean?
Also, can one of these sensors trigger the others? Should I replace them in a particular order and check to see if other codes go away or are they not related at all?

Thank you

SVXgarcia 09-13-2010 02:10 PM

Re: Crank Angle Sensor 2 location pleaase?

Actually I only need location and how to replace for the Crank Angle sensor 2.

TomsSVX 09-13-2010 04:51 PM

See, they phrased the sensors funny when they did the descriptions... Right not I want to say Crank angle sensor 2 is secondary sensor on the oil pump... But I also have a feeling it is what they refer to as the cam angle sensor as well... Either way it is the same part # for the sensor.

Tom

SoCal LS-L 09-13-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXgarcia (Post 657729)
Actually I only need location and how to replace for the Crank Angle sensor 2.

According to the service manual, its the one under the alternator, right hand side when looking from the front of the car. Remove the alternator, unplug crank sensor harness, and remove 10mm bolt that holds it down. Inspect for lots of crap on the tip..... clean and replace if needed.

SVXgarcia 09-15-2010 07:50 AM

thank you for the response. Where can I find a part number?

SVXgarcia 09-15-2010 07:56 AM

Re: Crank Angle Sensor 2, price?

anyone have any idea how much I should expect to pay for crank angle sensor #2?

SVXgarcia 09-15-2010 08:05 AM

Crank Angle Sensor = Crankshaft position sensor???

Is the Crankshaft Position Sensor(shown in diagram) the same as the crank angle sensor#2

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znet...01.jpg/1.image

Cam 09-15-2010 09:05 AM

It should be. The location is correct but the sensor looks slightly different. Where is that diagram from? I have never seen it.

Manarius 09-15-2010 09:34 AM

Re: Crank Angle Sensor = Crankshaft position sensor???

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXgarcia (Post 657883)
Is the Crankshaft Position Sensor(shown in diagram) the same as the crank angle sensor#2

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znet...01.jpg/1.image

I have to say, I really like this picture.

[/offtopic]

Cam 09-15-2010 01:38 PM

i forgot to mention, there is a crank sensor missing in this picture. The oil pump houses two sensors. I can post pictures later if you would like. Right now mine are very visible and may help you locate them.

SVXgarcia 09-17-2010 08:23 AM

Please post the pictures you have. I need to find out which one is crank angle sensor #2. Thank you

The diagram I posted is from Autozone

1986nate 09-17-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXgarcia (Post 658076)
Please post the pictures you have. I need to find out which one is crank angle sensor #2. Thank you

The diagram I posted is from Autozone

Here ya go...:)

SVXgarcia 09-17-2010 09:13 AM

Thank you for the pictures. They help alot. The code i got pointed to crank angle sensor2. Why is it called #2 if there's only one crank angle sensor?

1986nate 09-17-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXgarcia (Post 658086)
Thank you for the pictures. They help alot. The code i got pointed to crank angle sensor2. Why is it called #2 if there's only one crank angle sensor?

Both of those sensors work as crank sensors on the SVX. Just one of them is the same type of sensor as the cam sensor. Each crank sensor serves its own specific purpose reading its own signal relaying it back to the ECU.

oab_au 01-22-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXgarcia (Post 658086)

Looking at the front of the engine, there are two sensors above the crank pulley. The one on the left is No.1 crank sensor, it has the right angle bend in it. The one directly above the pulley is crank sensor No.2. This has a 45* angle bend, and is the same part number as the Cam sensor that is on the right side of the engine between the battery.

The No.1 is a SVX part only. The No.2. Crank sensor, and the cam sensor are the same as the Legacy/Impressa part.

Harvey.