The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Back Home From the Reading V Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18053)

newsvx 04-18-2004 09:55 AM

Back Home From the Reading V Meet

Hi All,
Just got home from the meet. Absolutely great, as usual. So nice to see all my friends and make new ones! This was a super meet!

My thianks again to all of the organizers: Mike, Ben, Bobby, and "the other" Mike. You guys did a wonderful job - it was superb. And the Subaru folks being there was iceing on the cake!

Hope everyone has a safe drive back home!
Harry

svxcess 04-18-2004 01:20 PM

Same here. Arrived home at about 2:30pm. The Reading meets are getting better and better every year. The hotel was super accommodating in meeting all of our needs and requests and the weather (sunny and around 90 every day) couldn't be any more perfect for all of the activities/ tech sessions, and enjoying old friends while making new ones.

Uncle Worn's custom multi-color flame paint job (That's right, FLAME) has to be seen to be believed. Absolutely stunning!!. Someone out there please post these pics.

Waiting for the Second Annual SVX Crab Meet here in Baltimore in August and something in VA/W.VA in the early fall.

A pair of yellow Vipers showed up late in the evening on Saturday. They ended up on Randy's car so that he could vipe his vinshield.

immortal_suby 04-18-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess

A pair of yellow Vipers showed up late in the evening on Saturday. They ended up on Randy's car so that he could vipe his vinshield.

Bwahahahha! So that was this years trick!

CigarJohnny 04-18-2004 04:53 PM

This years meet was fantastic! Thanks to all those who organised it!! All I want to do is sleep now since I was up so late partying with the gang Friday & Saturday nights. Sorry to all those I did not get a chance to say goodbye to. Ben, Ron, John and I stayed up 'til 4:30 in the morning on Sunday. After having only 4 hours sleep the night before, I knew I would never be able to get up to make it to breakfast later that morning. I decided it would be best to drive straight home. I think I still have red marks on my face from having to slap myself to stay awake long enough to make it back to Bethlehem. Near the end I really had to lay into myself and that crap really stings but it sure gets your attention! I made it home safely and hit my own bed at 6am this morning and slept to 12:30 (took another nap this afternoon).

Strengthened old friendships, made some new ones, and met a whole lot more of the gang here on the board. Next year I am just getting a room so I can stay there the whole weekend. I can't wait to meet up with many of you again prior to next year's event. The cars are great but it's all about the people!

I hope everyone has a safe trip home. Love you all and look forward to next year's event and other meets between.

Johnny

wawazat?? 04-18-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny

Strengthened old friendships, made some new ones, and met a whole lot more of the gang here on the board. Next year I am just getting a room so I can stay there the whole weekend. I can't wait to meet up with many of you again prior to next year's event. The cars are great but it's all about the people!

I hope everyone has a safe trip home. Love you all and look forward to next year's event and other meets between.

Johnny

Sums it up perfectly John!

To those that made it, thanks for the good times and memories! For those that didn't (Matt & Kim for instance) you really should have been there!:D

Todd

Subafreak 04-18-2004 05:36 PM

I grap on my tired. So ditto to all and thanks to everyone who make the meet what it is. (all of you). I made the trip back home in 5hrs instead of 10hrs so, yeah it was good. And no radiator leakage.;) :) :cool:

MoreIBNR 04-18-2004 06:02 PM

"I grap on my tired"??? Is this code for something?

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
I grap on my tired.

immortal_suby 04-18-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MoreIBNR
"I grap on my tired"??? Is this code for something?

Yes.

Subafreak 04-18-2004 07:41 PM

It's code for ( I should have gone to bed tow hours ago but the network has me.) That and my posts are brain deadish.:)

Ron Mummert 04-18-2004 09:15 PM

Got home safely. Gotta' get some sleep.
But first......

Glug, glug, glug.....

Ron (ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

GreenMarine 04-19-2004 07:10 AM

Got home at 12:30am this lovely monday morning... I am not at work again.. :rolleyes:... The trip home was rather eventful with me catching as much traffic as humanly possible!!! The GPS program that I have on the laptop that I brought doesn't give the "Quickest" directions... It gives the most "Direct" directions... So I spent over an hour in each city driving through downtown Washington DC and Richmond, VA!!!! That was really stupid.. :rolleyes: But I finally got back about 13 hours after leaving... I can't wait to get some more sleep tonight!!! Then I'm gonna cut that Video that I made of the rally!!! :D:D:D I can't wait!!!

SvXit 04-19-2004 05:18 PM

Got Home Saturday Night

I would also like to thank the organizers as well. This was a great meet, and the road rally was fantastic. I can hardly wait 'til next year!

And, lest I forget, one more set of thanks has to go to the hardy strips of tar kicked up on the sides of the car and the, ummm, 'Gifts' left by horses and cows along the roads of said rally. :eek: Both followed me all the way home to Maryland, and are STILL on my car even after a good detailing. :D

No worries though, once all of that's taken care of, I'll be left with fond memories, the fine t-shirt provided by SOA and several bottles of Turkey Hill ice tea that I can't find anywhere else. Yes, this was a fine meet!

ensteele 04-19-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
The GPS program that I have on the laptop that I brought doesn't give the "Quickest" directions... It gives the most "Direct" directions...
Which program do you have? Just was wondering. :)

ALsvx 04-19-2004 07:23 PM

Harry,

Great to see your post about Reading.... Pennsylvania is a little bit too far from Alabama... The '94 engine is still running great.. Hope you're enjoying the new house.

Bill

newsvx 04-19-2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ALsvx
Harry,

Great to see your post about Reading.... Pennsylvania is a little bit too far from Alabama... The '94 engine is still running great.. Hope you're enjoying the new house.

Bill

Great to hear from you, Bill.

Glad to hear the engine is doing fine. This is a heck of an engine we have in this car!

Doing great in the new house, and retirement couldn't be better. I'll send you a PM.

Harry