The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Took my SVX out of storage yesterday. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61621)

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2013 06:35 AM

Took my SVX out of storage yesterday.

Here it is, back out on the road.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8258/8...58f1c0e6_c.jpg
IMG_0353 by Nick.Owens, on Flickr

I'm afraid, though, that I'm about to sell the car after. I have a friend coming to see it this weekend and another interested if he doesn't want it. I've already bought another car to replace the SVX (as if it can ever be replaced). I want to keep the RX8 in the garage as a more dedicated track toy, so I've bought a big, stupid family car to drive, a 2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon.

I've offered my SVX to my friends for a stupid amount of money. I can't believe I'd get rid of something so important to me for so little. I've had it for nearly 14 years.

SVX92-97 04-25-2013 08:01 AM

Re: Took my SVX out of storage yesterday.

Wow, shes beautiful, sorry to hear your letting her go after such a long tenure. May I ask what your giving it away for. Best of luck;)

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2013 08:09 AM

I told both of my friends I'd take $3k for it.

As pretty as that picture makes the car look, it's not perfect. But it is a very good driver. It has no serious faults. Just a lot of little ones. It hasn't seen a winter since 2001.

SVX92-97 04-25-2013 08:13 AM

Wow, Id say someone is going to be very pleased and lucky. Wish it was me.:(

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2013 08:16 AM

Well, look, nobody's even come to see it yet, so I'd take offers. :)

Sean486 04-25-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets (Post 723208)
Well, look, nobody's even come to see it yet, so I'd take offers. :)

Do you have a for sale thread with the template filled out?

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2013 08:44 AM

I do not. I have not really prepared to sell it. All I did was mention on another site that I was going to sell the car and friends of mine called dibs.

It was not my intention to turn this into a 'for sale' thread. If anybody has any questions, they're welcome to PM me.

halistan 04-26-2013 11:09 AM

Wish you weren't so far away. I'd give it a good home next to my 93 :)

montypython 04-28-2013 03:53 PM

Well, Mr. Pockets (Nick) you might remember me from meets in 2000 thru 2004 with my Polo Green reg. 96 SVX.
I can't remember the last time I visited the Network, but came today because "96 SVX" was traded in yesterday for a '13 Outback. It was a sad day, but I was starting to have "issues" and using it less and less, so we made the decision.
So, I just wanted to wish you luck in the sale of your SVX.

Mr. Pockets 04-28-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montypython (Post 723427)
Well, Mr. Pockets (Nick) you might remember me from meets in 2000 thru 2004 with my Polo Green reg. 96 SVX.
I can't remember the last time I visited the Network, but came today because "96 SVX" was traded in yesterday for a '13 Outback. It was a sad day, but I was starting to have "issues" and using it less and less, so we made the decision.
So, I just wanted to wish you luck in the sale of your SVX.

Colin,

Of course I remember you. I think the last time we met was at the USGP in Indy. I hope you and your family are well.

Selling the SVX is very sad. A friend of mine agreed to buy it today. He'll come get the car next weekend. The car doesn't owe me anything, and I'm relatively happy to see it go to a friend, so I'm letting him have it for a song.

I didn't even get a chance to post it for sale anywhere, but I did take some pictures. Here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4117715...7633360348266/

Mr. Pockets 04-28-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halistan (Post 723294)
Wish you weren't so far away. I'd give it a good home next to my 93 :)

Hi, Ray. Sorry it wouldn't work out for you. How are you?

WestCoastSVX 04-29-2013 10:08 AM

Nick - She's still a beauty after all of these years! Like you said, not perfect, but you can see the love, even as your interests and priorities moved in other directions, she was still well cared for.

Kudos on doing good by your car and your friend and selling it the way you did. I appreciate your statement, "The car doesn't owe me anything, and I'm relatively happy to see it go to a friend..." We need more of that thinking in this world. Now hopefully your car can be cared for and live on for many more years with the attention she deserves.

You know it's funny, there are a lot of us "old timers" that don't visit here very often, or at least not as much as we did years ago, and you never know what happened to people or their cars until they periodically pop up on here. So thanks for stopping by and sharing, and thanks for years of great online conversations and insights. Best wishes for the future for you and your family!

Troy

SVX92-97 04-29-2013 04:07 PM

Nick, congrats on the sale, hope your friend treats her half as well as you did.;)

Green1995SVX 04-29-2013 06:37 PM

Nick-

Your SVX looks just as nice as when I saw it last in 2002. I hope that your friend maintains it as well as you have. Please don't be a stranger around here. :)

halistan 04-30-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets (Post 723454)
Hi, Ray. Sorry it wouldn't work out for you. How are you?

Hey Nick :) I'm doing well. Still keeping Samantha in the garage. Got the ball joints the other day, so i'll change those this weekend and get an alignment done on her. Then I should be able to drive it again regularly.

Other than that, just work as usual. What are you doing nowadays? Still programing?