The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   moving need help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16402)

SVX-FF 02-13-2004 12:35 PM

moving need help

Is there anyone that lives in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. My girlfriend and I might be moving out there and need info on good areas to live and school. Her job would need ude out there by the end of March. Any help would be great. Thanks
Steve

Aredubjay 02-13-2004 12:41 PM

Re: moving need help

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX-FF
Is there anyone that lives in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. My girlfriend and I might be moving out there and need info on good areas to live and school. Her job would need ude out there by the end of March. Any help would be great. Thanks
Steve

You need to get with mark10t. He's from the area.

Until recently (she's taking a six month break), my daughter was going to school in Bloomington (just outside Minneapolis). That seemed like a nice area.

mark10t 02-16-2004 12:16 PM

Glad to help out an SVX'er!

What do you need to know? Give me some particulars. I've lived here all my life and have traveled the metro area extensively for business. What kind of school, want to live close to town, cheap, expensive, culture, near a Subaru dealership/mechanic?

BTW- I represent a company located in Lewisberry, PA.

-Mark

(Yeah, Randy brings his daughter here and he never even bothers to 'check in' with the local club members..... )

Aredubjay 02-16-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t

(Yeah, Randy brings his daughter here and he never even bothers to 'check in' with the local club members..... )

I only made the trek ONCE! :p And, when we left, we were on our way (on a terribly tight schedule, thankyaverrymuch), to my sister-in-law's house in Des Moines, then, to my Stepson's house in Omaha, then to my Stepson's house in Missouri Valley, IA, then to a camping trip at some lake in LOWER Iowa -- all in one week's time. Believe me, I'd've much rather hung out with SVXers. :D

ensteele 02-16-2004 12:53 PM

And you say you didn't even have time to come out West? :confused: :D

mark10t 02-16-2004 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I only made the trek ONCE! :p And, when we left, we were on our way (on a terribly tight schedule, thankyaverrymuch), to my sister-in-law's house in Des Moines, then, to my Stepson's house in Omaha, then to my Stepson's house in Missouri Valley, IA, then to a camping trip at some lake in LOWER Iowa -- all in one week's time. Believe me, I'd've much rather hung out with SVXers. :D

yeah, yeah, yeah..............

-Mark

mark10t 02-17-2004 10:42 AM

Haven't heard from you yet, Steve. You can always go to my website- wwwDOTtentechDOTcom and get my phone number if you want to chat via phone.

Happy to help.

-Mark