The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A Public Apology.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18669)

CigarJohnny 05-14-2004 07:36 PM

A Public Apology....

I am making a public apology to Johnny. I hit his SVX tonight with the PT Cruiser. I was backing out of our driveway in haste and hit his passenger door and front fender.

To my husband I am deeply sorry. :o :(

Mrs. Cigarjohnny
(aka Jackie)

Landshark 05-14-2004 07:39 PM

that was nice of you, Mrs. CigarJohnny, but did you really do it because of his avatar? :confused: :eek: :D

CigarJohnny 05-14-2004 08:01 PM

Nah, not because of that. She did it because she was mad at the kids and swung her car around without looking behind her. In the process she failed to notice where my SVX was parked and slammed into it. I heard the hit from inside the house but did not know what it was at the time until my son hollered for me to come outside right away. I totally blew my stack but have since forgiven her (don't tell her that cuz I plan on holding this over her head for a long, long time).

In the process I need a new door and possibly a front fender (fender may be able to be repaired). The door does not close without rubbing really bad now. On her car she will need a new bumper and taillight assembly in the right rear. It will also need work in the right-rear quarter panel and possibly a whole new one. I will take pictures tomorrow but am not sure when I will get them posted. We will see what the insurance adjuster has to say when he shows up.

Wish me luck.

Johnny

ensteele 05-14-2004 09:16 PM

I am sorry to hear about your misshap. :(

HighwayUFO 05-16-2004 09:19 PM

I'd hate to be that insurance adjuster.

Adjuster: "So your wife hit your car.:confused:"

CigarJohnny: "Yep:(."

Adjuster: "Hmmmmmmm, You sure about that?:confused:"

CigarJohnny: "Uh huh. She backed out of our driveway and hit it."

Adjuster: "I see. What sort of action do you want to take. Do you want to sue or have your insurance pay for your cars.:confused:"

CigarJohnny: "What???
:confused: "

Chiketkd 05-16-2004 09:26 PM

Sorry to hear about the mishap CigarJohnny. Hope things turned out favorably with the insurance guy...:confused:

-Chike

tancred 05-16-2004 09:43 PM

What i cant believe is why your still married to this woman??? HAHAH....JK

:D

ensteele 05-16-2004 10:36 PM

At least she didn't pull ahead and back into it again. :rolleyes: ;)

SVX-FF 05-17-2004 12:56 AM

making up

The best part should be the make up. I think someone getting a ... well ya kno

huck369 05-17-2004 05:18 AM

I've got a good passenger door....$100 ....PM me if you want it....

I hate to hear about it.....but those things happen...:(

CigarJohnny 05-17-2004 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tancred
What i cant believe is why your still married to this woman??? HAHAH....JK

:D

She was terrified that I wouldn't be for very long after she did what she did. She knows how ,much I love my car. :)

CigarJohnny 05-17-2004 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
At least she didn't pull ahead and back into it again. :rolleyes: ;)
You can say that again! Thank the Lord for small favors!! One good thing that will come of this is that particular door has some nasty paint runs on it from a paint job it received before I purchased it (Never noticed them until after I purchased either :rolleyes:). This will be my chance to make them go away.

Johnny

CigarJohnny 05-17-2004 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369
I've got a good passenger door....$100 ....PM me if you want it....

I hate to hear about it.....but those things happen...:(

Huck, I just may be taking you up on that offer. There is a parts car local to me that should have a door if I need one but I am not positive the glass it all good on it. If that does not pan out I just may be in contact with you for that door. I will need to see what the body shop says. They may even be able to save it but I would almost rather it be replaced. We shall see.

I wish a simple door swap could be done but she whacked it right where the hinges are and now the door needs to be slammed to close it. I'm afraid the hinges and the door jam may be FUBAR'd.

Johnny

Sonar 05-17-2004 06:41 AM

Sorry thing :(, but your wife seems to be a nice person, maybe she will come up with some compensation :)

/Sonny :cool:

Mr. Pockets 05-17-2004 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
She was terrified that I wouldn't be for very long after she did what she did. She knows how ,much I love my car. :)
My wife has to drive my SVX occasionally when her Legacy is awaiting a repair or something. I've always operated on the assumption that at some point, something is going to happen to the car. I don't mean that something's going to happen because she's driving it, but just because it's out on the road. It could happen to her or it could happen to me.

But I've told her again and again that she's far more important to me than the car and at least I know it'll protect her if something does happen.