The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT- Bat in my room! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10178)

Green1995SVX 04-20-2003 11:19 PM

OT- Bat in my room!

I just spent the last hour trying to catch a disoriented bat that was living above the light fixture in my dorm room. Someone from down the hall caught it in his shirt and threw it out the window. Anyway, that was the most excitment ive had in a while so i thought I would share. ;)

Mike

alacrity024 04-20-2003 11:34 PM

we had a bat in our attic once.. pretty mean animal when it's all confused.. we hooked a hose up to the tailpipe of my dad's big, green van (think poor people from NH in the late 80's) with duct tape and smoked it out.. maybe someone in the dorms should've tried that, but with a different kind of smoke :D

happy 20 april

-adam

LarryIII 04-21-2003 04:26 AM

I have bats in my belfry.

I also have a bat signed by Mickey Mantle and Rager Maris. It's now worth about 10 trannys.

svxistentialist 04-21-2003 06:18 AM

Cool Larry

You beat Ron to that one:)

I like bats, I love to watch them hunt insects. Looks like Green Marine named his truck too soon!:rolleyes:

Joe:)

SHISVX 04-21-2003 01:11 PM

hey mike...i would think about getting a series of rabies shots. a bat can bite you and you not know it, especially if it was in your house over night. it is a five series shot, and as shots do, they hurt. but if the bat bit you and it had rabies, you are dead without the series. you can get them at any ER. not trying to scare ya, but if you saw go in, and out...then i wouldn't worry, just be careful next time or call animal control, they know how to handle it

Kelli

Seraph 04-21-2003 01:35 PM

I once caught a mice in the dorm lounge. We fed it some alcohol (yeah it was drunk) and released it in the housing office.

:D

SHISVX 04-21-2003 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I once caught a mice in the dorm lounge. We fed it some alcohol (yeah it was drunk) and released it in the housing office.

:D

ONLY YOU>>>>lol

Kelli

Green1995SVX 04-21-2003 02:14 PM

I was on vacation for a week or so (since reading.) I returned to the bat being in the room last night. My roommate left the window open over the weekend so i presume that's how it got in here. I'm not too concerned about it.

Mike

Green1995SVX 04-21-2003 02:15 PM

Thank you, by the way, for your concern, Kelli. You are truly a caring lady.

Mike

Aredubjay 04-21-2003 02:40 PM

The last time a bat bit me, they had to shoo it out of the emergency room, where it had gone to get series of shots. :D:D:D:D

SVXphile 04-21-2003 06:40 PM

Going batty

When we first moved to W.V. we had a bat get into our apartment one night. Jean was in the tub when I mentioned it to her....she submerged up to her eyes and told me to "get that thing!". Easier said than done. One look at the bats shadow on the wall as it flew around the light....making it look the size of a California Condor.... and Harry the cat dove under the bed.....big help he was. I finally located it....behind a drape....then scratched my dandruff trying to figure out how to get it, without losing it. I used a large piece of Tupperware, pinned it behind the drape and slid the fabric back and vola!....Tupperbat! I slid a lid behind the container and took him to the back porch, pulled back a corner of the lid, and watched amazed as it forced it's way through the opening, unfolded its wings, and flapped into the night. Then I remembered Jean, and returned to the bathroom to tell her the good news and let her come up for air. The poor girl resembled a prune! :rolleyes:

:D Don

SVXphile 04-21-2003 08:20 PM

Yankees

<I also have a bat signed by Mickey Mantle and Rager Maris>

You should add a ROGER Maris bat to that collection!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Don

Ron Mummert 04-21-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Cool Larry

You beat Ron to that one:)

I like bats, I love to watch them hunt insects. Looks like Green Marine named his truck too soon!:rolleyes:

Joe:)

Not so fast, Joe. Waddaya call the tool used to remove small dents from the SVX's door panels?

Yup....a Dingbat.

OK - I'll leave now.

Ron.

svxistentialist 04-22-2003 06:17 PM

The Ding from Outer Space

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Not so fast, Joe. Waddaya call the tool used to remove small dents from the SVX's door panels?

Yup....a Dingbat.

OK - I'll leave now.

Ron.

Ron, I am indentured to you for that explanation.:) Round here, we call them slide hammers, though I suppose it depends what sort of dings you are talking about.

Explain this term to Rob. I think he mixes it up with baseball bat, which he uses to deter door dings in his home city.

Joe:D ;)

kuoh 04-22-2003 07:39 PM

I thought that was what the less than reputable shops often featured in those expose news shows used to make the "dings" that they hoped to later charge to fix? ;)

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Yup....a Dingbat.