The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fall Colors Tour was a blast! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6547)

WestCoastSVX 10-21-2002 11:33 AM

Fall Colors Tour was a blast!

Well it is Monday and I'm surprised no one else has posted about this. (other than Tim's unfortunate news :( ) Everyone was probably as busy as I was yesterday. Hopefully I'll get some time to post some pics soon.

The meet was a good success IMHO, with 7 cars (at one point) it was a respectable size for our region. And definitely the most we've had on an actual TOUR.

It was an amazing and beautiful sight to look in my rearview and see a long row of SVXes trailing around the winding roads behind me. And the looks and stares of people as our convoy rolled through small towns was priceless. We definitely got some exposure for the SVX every where we went. :)

It was great to meet some new owners for the first time in person too! Our little group is slowly growing I think.

Thanks to everyone that came!

ensteele 10-21-2002 11:41 PM

Yes, it was a great meet. Some of us didn't make the whole trip, but what I was on was worth while. It was fun meeting a couple of new owners who had not been to a meet before, and seeing the ones that I already knew. We got the headlights polished up again. (Tim may not be able to make his car move, but he should be able to see when he turns on his lights);) I am ready for another meet already.:)

Alycone 10-22-2002 12:19 AM

:D Well, I had fun at my first meet. All you old timers seem nice. Haven't gotten my pics developed yet, I'll have to scan them in. It was a fun tour of Sno. Co., I should drive around there more often.

Now my check engine light is intermittently on, what was in that Snohomish gas? (Oh well, she was going to the shop anyway...) :(

So when's the next one?

WestCoastSVX 10-22-2002 10:39 AM

The winter meet is being planned by Earl. Sounds like it is going to be fun too! Hope everyone sticks around here and helps him out with available dates and such, that's what made the last one work out.

Keep us enticed Earl! :)

I have an idea for the spring meet that may require pretty advanced planning. More on that soon.

IMHO, it would be nice to start moving towards maybe 4 "big" "official" NW SVX Enthusiasts meets a year, one each season. Similiar to what the guys back east have with their annual Reading meets, Snowshoe, etc. Not necessarily in the same location year after year, but the same season. (for instance, the 2nd Annual Fall Colors Tour may be in Oregon, etc.) Of course there may be little meets that sprout up if people want to, but if we really focus on the big meets months in advance like the other guys do, then maybe we can get some serious commitment. For some examples, just go to the Upcoming Meets forum and check out what some of the other regions are doing. They plan meets months in advance, have lists of 20+ committing, coming from a couple states away even for multiple day meets.

Guess it all depends what we in the NW really want to do though.

ensteele 10-23-2002 12:21 AM

Maybe we burnt everyone out before. If we have 4 meets (one per season) and a few small ones in between, it may work out better. :)

seasvx 10-23-2002 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
...it would be nice to start moving towards maybe 4 "big" "official" NW SVX Enthusiasts meets a year, one each season
This idea has a lot of merit. Everybody would know that these four meets will be there every year at about the same time, and could plan for them long in advance. And in between, we could promote the heck out of 'em. (I left an "SVX Network NW Forum business card magnet out at Mike Corbin's Smart Subaru yesterday & left my SVX business card on a black '92. Maybe stuff like that can help us throw a net over some of the cars & drivers who are not aware of the Forum and our events. We might also have a few dinner meets for planning purposes in between as well.) Good Call, Troy!

WestCoastSVX 10-23-2002 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by seasvx
This idea has a lot of merit. Everybody would know that these four meets will be there every year at about the same time, and could plan for them long in advance. And in between, we could promote the heck out of 'em. (I left an "SVX Network NW Forum business card magnet out at Mike Corbin's Smart Subaru yesterday & left my SVX business card on a black '92. Maybe stuff like that can help us throw a net over some of the cars & drivers who are not aware of the Forum and our events. We might also have a few dinner meets for planning purposes in between as well.) Good Call, Troy!
Yeah that is what I was thinking.

Wow you were out at Mike's yesterday too? I wasn't, but I talked to Matt last night and he had been there yesterday. He saw the black one (which he is 90% sure was Alison's from the Sat. meet) and he saw your magnet card there! He didn't know it was you but he described it and I figured it was yours. :) Wow a 3 SVX day at Smart Subaru! Mike should start giving us NW member discounts!

seasvx 10-23-2002 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Mike should start giving us NW member discounts!
...not a far-fetched idea... let's put it on the agenda for a future NWSVXE dinner mtg! (let's go for a drive and eat something)

WestCoastSVX 10-23-2002 12:06 PM

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of some "mini meets" where whoever wants to can get together, maybe drive a little, and than have a dinner meeting where we can discuss the big quarterly meets, things like this discount idea, and how we will someday take over the world. :D

ensteele 10-23-2002 04:32 PM

Surprise!!! Count me in. :D This sounds like great fun. It may be more fun planning the meets than going on them. :rolleyes: Let me know, and I will try to be there. :)

Alycone 10-23-2002 09:34 PM

:) The black one at Mike's is mine. Figured I should get the brakes and oil leaks taken care of, although I wasn't able to find out why the check engine light came on. She's running better than ever, so go figure.

I guess that discount won't be retroactive, huh? I'm going up there tomorrow to sign over my bank account. Actually, I can't complain, since he's charging me less than the estimate I got before I bought the car. And it's not even my money since my parents said "You're birthday's in a few weeks, want anything for your car?" :D

Anyhow, I'm up for a mini meet if Mike ever gives my car back. She's two days overdue. :(

ensteele 10-23-2002 10:42 PM

She was running better than ever because she was able to be with some other SVXes. They miss their own kind you know. :D Good luck on the repairs. :)

WestCoastSVX 10-24-2002 10:21 AM

I'm going to seriously look into the discount option. Don't know if it will work, but worth a try! It would definitiely be a benefit for Mike as it would draw in more business for him. (of course all the members that would potentially go to him already do, but we won't tell him that:D )

Alycone 10-24-2002 05:30 PM

We could threaten to switch to Carter's if we don't get that discount.

I got my baby back today, with fresh brake pads and no more oil leak! :D

Maybe she does run better when she's in a herd. She used to live with another SVX, I hope she's not lonely now. Speaking of anthropomorphizing cars, I did think it was funny that Mike asked my car's name before working on her.

WestCoastSVX 10-25-2002 09:56 AM

I may have forgotten, but I don't remember your car's name?

Hmmm I've gone to Mike a couple years now and he's never asked my SVX's name. :confused: Maybe I'd better come up with one before I go there again. :D