The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many people paint their center caps? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51369)

Gamesy 08-21-2009 10:27 AM

How many people paint their center caps?

I was wondering how many people paint their centercaps on the stock rims a different color?

ensteele 08-21-2009 10:47 AM

Re: how many people paint their centercaps?

I paint mine a silver color that matches as close as possible. I don't want to draw attention to the wheels instead of the car. :o

PS Gamesy - I made this post into a poll for you. :)

aust92pearl 08-21-2009 05:04 PM

Re: How many people paint their center caps?

4 Attachment(s)
while we are on the subject of painting center caps the ones on the rims i bought were Lexus so i pried off the "L" and got some ****ty subaru sticker ones off ebay they were slightly too big so i cut them down to fit and then used a sharp thin knife to carefully mask over the cap and paint the emblem with black nail polish and then after it had dried masked it again opposite to the first time and painted the rest with a base coat of pearl nail polish and over the whole lot with a meringue nail polish.
i think it compliments the car and could almost look stock to someone that doesn't know the svx :D

#1 is when i got them
#2,3,4 is about 20 minutes ago :D
what do you guys think ?

NikFu S. 08-21-2009 06:29 PM

My car only had 3 when I bought it and they were all yellow.

At the time I could not fathom spending $50 for a new one from the dealer, though I would do it in a heartbeat now, if I still had stock wheels and 3 caps. :(

Had I still had all that I'd paint'em, mmm hm.

lhopp77 08-21-2009 09:08 PM

I actually filled in the Subaru lettering on mine before I painted them silver. It is a slightly different silver than the wheels which I had powder coated, but they still look very nice.

Lee

lhopp77 08-21-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aust92pearl (Post 614570)
while we are on the subject of painting center caps the ones on the rims i bought were Lexus so i pried off the "L" and got some ****ty subaru sticker ones off ebay they were slightly too big so i cut them down to fit and then used a sharp thin knife to carefully mask over the cap and paint the emblem with black nail polish and then after it had dried masked it again opposite to the first time and painted the rest with a base coat of pearl nail polish and over the whole lot with a meringue nail polish.
i think it compliments the car and could almost look stock to someone that doesn't know the svx :D

#1 is when i got them
#2,3,4 is about 20 minutes ago :D
what do you guys think ?

Looks very nice. But, in my case I have the Alcyone hood emblem and JDM taillight bar, so I don't have any Subaru symbols or wording on mine. I wish I could come up with the Alcyone symbol for my center caps on the RX8 and Murano wheels. The alternative is to remove Mazda symbol, fill in and paint silver.

Lee

Lee

Gamesy 08-21-2009 09:45 PM

Re: how many people paint their centercaps?

Thanks ensteele, sorry abuot the delay about the deflector been busy with house repairs i'll get back to you asap

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 614537)
I paint mine a silver color that matches as close as possible. I don't want to draw attention to the wheels instead of the car. :o

PS Gamesy - I made this post into a poll for you. :)

aust92pearl 08-21-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77 (Post 614611)
Looks very nice. But, in my case I have the Alcyone hood emblem and JDM taillight bar, so I don't have any Subaru symbols or wording on mine. I wish I could come up with the Alcyone symbol for my center caps on the RX8 and Murano wheels. The alternative is to remove Mazda symbol, fill in and paint silver.

Lee

Lee

masking tape, alycone emblem to copy shape from ,pencil, razor blade, and steady fingers :D lol

subbieatnz 08-22-2009 12:43 AM

I leve them just as they are :rolleyes:

Alex-svx 08-22-2009 06:48 AM

I have a Black car. Whit white rims(stock) and i have also paint the Center caps. I think the car looks grate whit white rims on a black car. But is verry dificult to keep they clean. But then i just have to wash more. ;) hehe.. (when the car is going then) hehe..

SubaRyu 08-22-2009 12:59 PM

I just had time off from work, so I worked on the old rims that were sitting outside... Couldn't just clean up, so I painted. Came out pretty good, but yet I'm not sure when I'm gonna put those on my car.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q.../IMG_2294s.jpg