The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Should I stop modding.. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37711)

Ricochet 03-02-2007 08:46 AM

Should I stop modding..

I just got an 04 rs tranny with a stage 2 clutch installed through Tom (along with new brakes, rotors, and lines). Just wondering how much power it will reliably be able to hold for every day usage. Basically, should I have gone with a 6mt if I plan to add some boost? I didn't plan on modding it any further when I started the swap, but browsing through all the svx pictures I'm still in love with everything about the car and wouldn't mind having a few more horsies under the hood.. or should I just stop now and buy a second sports car? (firebirds and gto's come to mind.. or maybe a bike)

DarknessofDeath 03-02-2007 09:08 AM

i think going with another car sounds more reasonable. you wouldn't have all your money put into the one..in case something happens, you still have a second car to drive.

msvx95 03-02-2007 10:09 AM

Yeah, stop it already...You're gonna drive like a maniac anyways...LOL
If you break something, whatcha gonna drive?:confused: :D
Mind you...your car insurance will be pretty high with two sports cars though and gas will be wearing a hole in your wallet...get something economical

momzsvx 03-02-2007 11:10 AM

A GTO sounds great if you ask me. What years do you like? I would love to have one of the newer ones with a midnight blue paint job. When do you return to the US? There are a lot of new 2007 models out their as I was looking through a consumer reports mag. Some cars looked really neat.

Ricochet 03-02-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
Yeah, stop it already...You're gonna drive like a maniac anyways...LOL
If you break something, whatcha gonna drive?:confused: :D
Mind you...your car insurance will be pretty high with two sports cars though and gas will be wearing a hole in your wallet...get something economical

I pay $45 a month for the svx because I'm 28 years old with no points on my record. The car and all mods are paid for. Money isn't really why I was asking moreso than whether the transmission can handle more power. Either way, when I get home in August I'm going to buy a second car. Just wondering if I should keep modding the svx for the fun car (again, wondering if the tranny can take it - that's why I posted in the tech section) and get a beater, or get a sports car and leave the svx as the beater :)

Crazy_pilot 03-02-2007 01:59 PM

You could buy another SVX with a bum trans, throw in a 6MT, and sell your 5MT SVX.

As for when to stop modding, keep going until you've got the car you want, or you're broke, whichever comes first:D .

SVXRide 03-02-2007 02:02 PM

Go the Stage 2 route with a better exhaust system and you'll be just fine.
-Bill
p.s. Trans should easily be good up to 300Hp at the wheels

ensteele 03-02-2007 04:40 PM

Give it all she's got! :D :D

Ricochet 03-04-2007 12:41 AM

So a turbo kit isn't out of the question.

:)

I'll be checking over the turbo thread for a while.

msvx95 03-05-2007 10:17 AM

45/month is about what I'm paying....about 270 or so every 6 months...and I'm 28 too..I have Allstate....my truck payment is about 22 a month and it's a 2001. Sucks that a 95 is more expensive.

huck369 03-05-2007 11:25 AM

The RS tranny will hold fine as long as you're not doing clutch dumps, and driving it reasonably