The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   97 w LOW miles... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8740)

JeffN 02-11-2003 09:34 PM

97 w LOW miles...

There's a green 97 for sale at a mere 21k.

What should I offer? Emunds=12k, kelly 15k and nada=16k. Dealer retail prices those are and this is a dealer.

He sez it's like new as it should be.

alltrac 02-11-2003 11:05 PM

buy it I would give my left nut for a 97

htyei 02-12-2003 01:43 AM

What does the dealer want for it??????

When I was shopping, the first car that really caught my eye was the SVX. He was asking 16k for a claret 92 with 52k miles

I became extremely interested and did research on it. In the end the dealer offered me 9k whilst I was walking away. But since I had read up on the car, I already knew waht I wanted and found it from a private seller.

In recent years though, I've heard the interest in the SVX skyrocket according to the dealers, its hardly ever there for more than a couple of days.

The last dealer I talked to (6months?) mentioned a svx owner trading his car for a new wrx, and a few days later, some couple flew in from Colorado and bought the svx. Any one on this site? :)

That said, I'd almost agree with alltrac :)

JeffN 02-12-2003 07:31 AM

That's $21,950. a museum price.

HOWEVER, it only has 8000 miles. Should look and smell new but I haven;\'t seen it.

I beating him down-the old "takeover" system at the dealership.

Waht was improved by 97 over her 92? ANything?

svxistentialist 02-12-2003 11:10 AM

Improvements 92-97

Quote:

Originally posted by JeffN
That's $21,950. a museum price.

HOWEVER, it only has 8000 miles. Should look and smell new but I haven;\'t seen it.

I beating him down-the old "takeover" system at the dealership.

Waht was improved by 97 over her 92? ANything?

Jeff

The most important improvements were to the transmission, see

http://www.drwtransmission.com/subaru_svx.htm

Also, the 97 will have the newer liquid/liquid oil cooler in the rad for the ATF which does not clog.

These are worthwhile changes, but I am willing to bet there were lots more.

Buy it if you can afford it.

Joe:)

GreenMarine 02-12-2003 11:20 AM

I saw one .....

I saw one like that somewere out west.... It was a red 1997 with 16 miles!!!!!!! and the dealer wanted $29,000 for it!!!!! If it came with a factory warranty and all that good stuff I would have sold something to get my hands on it!!!!!

I would say buy it if you really want to take care of it and only drive it on the weekends.... If you want to drive it everyday, don't waste your money, go and get a used 94 or something that will cost a quarter the price.... They all drive the same, they all have the same engine, and pretty close to the same tranny so you'll get about the same effect driving an older one as you would with a new one.... Not saying the 97's don't look **** hot, they do. But like I said, I wouldn't waste my money on it unless you want it for weekends and Network Meets only.... Can almost bet that you'd have the Newest SVX on the Network though!!!!:cool:

JeffN 02-12-2003 12:32 PM

She wants to use it daily but only does about 5k/yr. We'd pay top $$ for it and then lose that amount at reale time with just another lowish mileage svx, not a survivor mileage car that it is now. Stiil, what can you get for 15k with 8k on the clock? A Daewoo??

GreenMarine 02-12-2003 12:38 PM

True, I'm sure it is a beautiful car and it does sound like a good deal... I just stated what I'd do with it if I had it. As long as it is taken care of, I just can't stand to see a SVX treated like crap.... If you do get it, bring it to Reading!!!!! I wanna see!!!

RSVX 02-12-2003 12:40 PM

why the hell would you want to resell it??

JeffN 02-12-2003 01:14 PM

Good question, maybe when our bones get to old to bend that low...we're both OTH....

benebob 02-12-2003 01:55 PM

why would you resell it

Quote:

Originally posted by JeffN
Good question, maybe when our bones get to old to bend that low...we're both OTH....
By that point, you'll be so in love with it you'll be making plans to turn it into a coffin!:D

RRX 02-12-2003 02:23 PM

I think im going to take a look at that 97 with 8k miles on it. Its at the same dealership were i got my 92 from.

JeffN 02-12-2003 02:32 PM

Lemme know what you think. Not gonna buy it out from under me, are ya??
:(

Seraph 02-12-2003 04:51 PM

Since it is green, I'd give it ... 5 bucks?

Sorry, not a big fan of green SVXes. They are good but not my colour.

L

Landshark 02-12-2003 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Since it is green, I'd give it ... 5 bucks?

Sorry, not a big fan of green SVXes. They are good but not my colour.

L

same here. i had a helluva time finding a black '97 - the few '97's that were around were either green or red. :mad: