The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just bought a SVX... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18829)

Xodi-SVX 05-22-2004 05:44 AM

Just bought a SVX...

Oh man I am happy with this car. I recently purchased a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse, nice and fire engine red with white rims and black tinted windows, etc etc etc. Car was nothing but problems. I finally decided to sell it after a few months of going to and from the local mechanic. After I sold it I was talking to him and he mentioned something about selling a Subaru SVX.

Me: You mean a WRX?

Him: No, a SVX. Just come and see it, you'll like it.

So, not knowing what to expect, I go down there and I see this SVX. The first thing I say to him is this:

Me: ... There is a window in your window man, and the wheels are backwards.

Him: I like them backwards.

Me: ... Why?

Anyway, enough of that. We start talking details and all, then he takes me for a ride in it. We get back to the shop, we get out, and he tosses me the keys.

Him: Go drive it a bit, be back in like, thirty minutes.

Me: Alright.

So, I go and drive this strange, new SVX that I've never heard anything about. I feel the car move, I feel the acceleration. Okay, not as fast getting up as the Eclipse, but it doesn't sound like a pissed off bumble-bee either. And it is pretty quick, considering it's weight.

And then I took a corner going sixty and felt the car stick to the road like glue.

I was hooked.

So, I drive around a bit more and get to the shop about twenty minutes later. Chris, my mechanic, looks at me and asks me this:

Him: So, what'd you think?

Me: ... How much do you want for it?

So he goes on and tells me how he was looking for about 3.5 for it. He then mentions that he would like to sell it to someone who he knows would take care of it (IE: Me). He told me he'd sell it to me for 2.5 because of how I got dicked around with the Eclipse by the person who sold it to me (long story). I got a few insurance quotes, read up on the car, and decided that this SVX was for me.

I love this car. I love everything about it. Even the window-in-a-window thing is kickin' rad.

And the best part about this car...

Absolutely no one has one in my area. Not a single person. I wanted a Mustang as a kid, I look down the street while going to work and can literally count around fifty from my house to the CVS/Pharmacy. I see Honda Civics everywhere, all riced out and all that lame stuff. But who else in my area has a SVX? None that I've seen. Completely unique.

All of my ricer friends are jealous mine sounds like a Corvette from the exhaust. Beautiful.

Anyway, for those that are wondering, it is a 1992 Subaru SVX LSi. It has the touring package and all of that nice stuff. Black on black leather. My mechanic's brother bought it off of the lot with two miles on it. They had it for a while, and the only issue is that the interior needs to be resprayed. I think I am just going to saddle soap it myself, it'd look better like that anyway.

Anyway, I'll get pictures of this beast later. I think its about time for that early morning drive.

Chiketkd 05-22-2004 08:46 AM

Awesome story Xodi-SVX! Welcome to the site!!!!

-Chike

CigarJohnny 05-22-2004 09:15 AM

Good for you, Xodi! Sounds like you got a really good deal, to boot! I am jealous. :p May you have many miles of enjoyment.

Johnny

Gargoyle 05-22-2004 11:27 AM

Congrats on a good deal. You will find any excuse to drive you're new love as I am sure you allready are finding out. Keep you're eye out for local meets. There's somthing special about several SVX rolling down the street :D
And dig around these boards & you will finds TONS of helpfull info & funny stories ;)

Xodi-SVX 05-23-2004 12:53 AM

I'm already having tons of fun with this car. Everywhere I go heads turn as they hear the exhaust. It sounds like a Vet with the aftermarkets that Chris put on it. I went down to Moreland Avenue tonight (The local ricer/racer hotspot) and even there people were wondering what the hell my car was.

Everything was fun until I raced that damn WRX. I stayed even with him until his turbo spooled up. Was pretty funny.

Anyway, yeah, the car runs great. My friend's 2002 Jetta's AC doesn't blow as cold as the AC in my 92 SVX. Kinda funny.

Anyway, thanks for the support guys. I'll definitely tell my stories as they arise. If there is ever a meet near the Atlanta, Georgia area, I'll definitely try to attend.

SHISVX 05-23-2004 08:57 AM

go find Noir, (Harry) he is from that area. good luck with all future miles!

Kelli

Seraph 05-23-2004 09:14 AM

Re: Just bought a SVX...

Quote:

Originally posted by Xodi-SVX

Anyway, for those that are wondering, it is a 1992 Subaru SVX LSi. It has the touring package and all of that nice stuff. Black on black leather. My mechanic's brother bought it off of the lot with two miles on it. They had it for a while, and the only issue is that the interior needs to be resprayed. I think I am just going to saddle soap it myself, it'd look better like that anyway.

Anyway, I'll get pictures of this beast later. I think its about time for that early morning drive.

There are no LSi in 92. Only LS and LS-L :D

But I do want to see what you are going to do to the interior though

Chiketkd 05-23-2004 04:13 PM

What kinda mods did your mechanic Chris have on the car? Is it just a cat-back exhaust or something more Xtreme! :D

-Chike
Quote:

I'm already having tons of fun with this car. Everywhere I go heads turn as they hear the exhaust. It sounds like a Vet with the aftermarkets that Chris put on it.

Xodi-SVX 05-23-2004 08:09 PM

He regeared the transmission for better acceleration in first and second, he redid the exhaust system completely, he put a cold-air intake on it, he has someone who can put a supercharger on it for cheaper than most people (He didn't give me a price, I guess I'll ask about it sometime), as well as some other stuff. I'm not sure exactly all that he did, I'll get him to list it all out to me sometime.

All I know is that thing is fast. I was wrong to say it isn't faster than the Eclipse I used to own -- I just smoked one today =).

The car doesn't feel fast at all.. I feel like I am going like, 50 when I am kickin' it down the road doing 80. It rides like a dream.

I don't think I've been in a more perfect vehicle that fits my every want and need.

Edit:

Chris said it was an LS-i. He has been known to be wrong, he may have misread the L as an i. At any rate, it is still nice =)

Seraph 05-24-2004 01:40 AM

Quote:

Chris said it was an LS-i. He has been known to be wrong, he may have misread the L as an i. At any rate, it is still nice =)

There is NO such thing as Lsi. Lsi was not introduced till 1994 model year. All 92 models were either LS or LS-L. Apart from that, enjoy the car, and don't race on the streets. ;)

svxistentialist 05-24-2004 02:00 AM

Welcome

Xodi, with a story like that, you are definitely one of us, and you are very welcome to the boards.

I like mine quiet, so exhaust mods are not for me, but I know what you mean. The car is almost reclusive looking, so a hint of the power available is no harm.

As the guys say [and Kelli!, let's not forget Kelli:rolleyes: ], enjoy your car. Treat it well, you'll be repaid many times over with driving pleasure.

Joe:)

IggDawg 05-24-2004 09:44 AM

Re: Welcome

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

As the guys say [and Kelli!, let's not forget Kelli:rolleyes: ],

:lol:

Welcome. I just got one too. as you can tell from my registration date, I've been looking for "the right one" for a long time now. It recently fell into my lap, and I've never been happier with a car. glad you like yours, and great story :D!

LarryIII 05-24-2004 10:21 AM

Xodi,

Welcome to our SVX family. There are other SVXers in the GA area. I don't know exactly where Atanta is in GA, I stink at geography.

I hope your SVX gives your as much pure joy as mine does.
After all, our club motto is; "SVX- it's all we'll drive."

dcarrb 05-24-2004 11:26 AM

Re: Just bought a SVX...

Quote:

And the best part about this car...

Absolutely no one has one in my area. Not a single person. I wanted a Mustang as a kid, I look down the street while going to work and can literally count around fifty from my house to the CVS/Pharmacy. I see Honda Civics everywhere, all riced out and all that lame stuff. But who else in my area has a SVX? None that I've seen. Completely unique.

That's one of my favorite things about the SVX, too. (The word around here is that there are 20+ "known" SVXs in the metro Atlanta region.)

Welcome.

dcb

Xodi-SVX 05-24-2004 11:46 AM

Well, lets make that number 21.

I live in Gwinnett county which is just right beside Fulton, so I'm in the metro area.

I cruise this along 285 and 78 all day long. I keep looking for other SVXs but I just don't see 'em around.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll definitely be checking in often.