The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vineland Better? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49990)

RoughSilver92 04-23-2009 10:59 AM

Vineland Better?

I was working on a deal with a guy on Ebay (dans_carparts) when I started seeing peoples posts about bad experiences with Vineland, which is where dans_carparts is located. I messaged him telling him I was hesitant to proceed due to all the complaints I've read on this board and the other, and he claims that the guy that was ripping people off doesn't work with him anymore and he has sold to many people on the network recently and they have gotten their parts. So... Has anybody had any experiences lately (god or bad) with Vineland.

Green1995SVX 04-23-2009 11:07 AM

Re: Vineland Better?

I purchased a center console from them a few months ago. It took a long time for them to ship the console, and then when received, it wasn't in the condition as it was described. The one that I received was surely not the one in the picture. When I expressed my concerns, they did offer to refund half of my purchase price and allow me to keep the part. I was satisfied with this solution.

SuberNatural 04-23-2009 11:41 AM

Those guys arent the best guys to go thru. They get SVX's for the sole purpose of parting them out. Butchers....

Not to mention from what I have heard some of their sales are questionable.

Post up on either this board or the other one (svxworlforums.com) I am sure that Either Young Tom and the guys at All We'll Drive or Jason on the other board can find what you are looking for.

SuberNatural 04-23-2009 11:42 AM

here's a part out on the board now:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49983

SVX92-97 04-23-2009 12:04 PM

STAY AWAY from Danscarparts. Hes a crook and a liar. I bought two rear hubs from him a year ago on ebay, and he described them as in great shape. That couldnt have been further from the truth. What I got was two rear hubs with rusted, rotted and bent backing plates on them. He then lied to ebay, which did nothing to help me out, so I got screwed for $150. These guys should be locked up, Period.:mad:

RoughSilver92 04-23-2009 01:05 PM

Sounds like I will be staying away then.

Blacky 04-23-2009 04:37 PM

I bought a pair of rear axles and a set of floor mats from him for cheap. The mats were decent and the axles were in good condition but he sent me 2 lefts and they were definately not the ones pictured in his Ebay ad.

LetItSnow 04-23-2009 04:54 PM

Sent me the wrong side turn signal, obviously not the one pictured. It had some tab damage, and the seal along the bottom was half hanging off. Last mistake.

EDIT: Ah, here it is...
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...d/IMG_0504.jpg
Close...

SVXyGirl 04-23-2009 05:19 PM

Years ago they sold me a transmission with 70k. After getting the trans home, I found out that the front diff was missing the ring gear inside AND (from an insider) found out that the trans actually had over 200k and was the failed attempt at creating a RWD SVX. :confused::mad:

STAY. AWAY.

kwren 04-24-2009 01:42 AM

A major crook and liar. Couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.
Eight billion parts carefully removed and garage kept!

He tried to skin me and after I won nothing came.
I always pay immediately but after paying I couldn't get even an email response. I got his attention pretending to want something else and after that he did ship my fender and bumper cover. Wadded them up together in a little box and off they came. I have since purchased a new fender and took care of the bumper cover.

Avoid the crook!

Keith:cool:

SomethingElse 04-27-2009 05:02 PM

adding to the negativity.......STAY AWAY FROM THEM...WHY DO THEY CHANGE THERE EBAY NAME EVERY 7 MONTHS???:mad::mad::mad:

sanya 04-27-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 599120)
adding to the negativity.......STAY AWAY FROM THEM...WHY DO THEY CHANGE THERE EBAY NAME EVERY 7 MONTHS???:mad::mad::mad:

not every one is as bad as u think.
and watch out what you say to others..........

alltrac 04-27-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanya (Post 599140)
and watch out what you say to others..........

Is that a threat?

alltrac 04-27-2009 08:05 PM

Sanya, don't you have some salvage cars you need to be fixing?

lhopp77 04-27-2009 08:09 PM

In case you don't know, Sanya is a member of the Vineland group. :)

Lee