The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Explain this to me... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18937)

JLittell 05-27-2004 09:50 PM

Forgot to paint my bumper thread...

Why is the world do I see cars of all types with these unpainted aftermarket hoods, spoilers, and side body effects ? Is it the cool thing to do these days? Or is it due to the fact that people (I would assume mostly 'kids') spend so much money on exterior fins that they can get the damn things painted to match the rest of their cars??

Must be getting older.... :confused:

ensteele 05-27-2004 10:14 PM

Maybe nobody knows that they put all that stuff on the car unless it doesn't match. ;) :)

By the way John, you are getting older. :p :p

JLittell 05-27-2004 10:43 PM

...Thinking that I should mention that next time I see one..

I tell them my name is Earl and I live in the Washington area, call me at 555-5235 if you have any problems!:p

GreenMarine 05-28-2004 06:21 AM

Well hey I'm 21 years old and I straight up go to the people that own the cars and tell them that this "need a paintjob" or "Dude, your car is the ugliest civic that I've seen in a while"... Their most common reply is "I don't have the money at the moment"... Then I ask "why did ya buy the body kit if ya didn't have the money to paint it" then they reply with "spent all my money on the body kit".... That's about the time I tell them that they blew thier money on making a civic look like a peice of crap...

So yes, I hate that stuff too :rolleyes:

JLittell 05-28-2004 08:39 AM

It's all over....

red95svx 05-28-2004 08:52 AM

I want to do the opposite. I want to paint the area were my body kit will go, THEN put the body kit on 6 months later.:)

Dave

Mr. Pockets 05-28-2004 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Well hey I'm 21 years old and I straight up go to the people that own the cars and tell them that this "need a paintjob" or "Dude, your car is the ugliest civic that I've seen in a while"... Their most common reply is "I don't have the money at the moment"... Then I ask "why did ya buy the body kit if ya didn't have the money to paint it" then they reply with "spent all my money on the body kit".... That's about the time I tell them that they blew thier money on making a civic look like a peice of crap...

So yes, I hate that stuff too :rolleyes:

Now that's just rude. You really do that? I mean, I agree - it's ridiculous. But antagonizing total strangers is a little uncalled for.

Chiketkd 05-28-2004 09:12 AM

If the body kit is Carbon Fibre anything, most ricers will leave it unpainted (hoods, wings, doors, etc). ;)

My buddy from college who owns a riced-out civic says it adds a certain 'raciness' to his ride! :rolleyes: Plus they add like 20hp... :D

-Chike

Mr. Pockets 05-28-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
My buddy from college who owns a riced-out civic says it adds a certain 'raciness' to his ride! :rolleyes:
Anybody who says that doesn't know a thingk about racing.

Quote:

Plus they add like 20hp... :D
Per scoop!!! Vents are another thing - little ones add 5hp each and bigger ones around 10. :p

shelfy 05-28-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
It's all over....
except the crying.

Chiketkd 05-28-2004 12:58 PM

Don't forget the cf combat style wings! The added downforce at the rear makes every last drop of power from the front driven wheels get to the ground... :rolleyes: One guy once told me it was good for 50 extra horsepower! :D

-Chike

P.S. The stickers are another story...
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Per scoop!!! Vents are another thing - little ones add 5hp each and bigger ones around 10. :p

Sonar 06-01-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Don't forget the cf combat style wings! The added downforce at the rear makes every last drop of power from the front driven wheels get to the ground... :rolleyes: One guy once told me it was good for 50 extra horsepower! :D

-Chike

P.S. The stickers are another story...

Where did u hear that BS ???? -It's +75HP !!! :D :D

/Sonny :cool:

Shadow248 06-01-2004 10:27 PM

Even worse are the ones who buy the kits, and HAVE the money to paint them, but paint them in the most ridiculous colors just to "be different".

Like the Jetta I saw today - white car with pale yellow body kit and light blue wing.

mikecg 06-02-2004 10:45 AM

I think.......

.....they're just that many bad drivers. The kids keep wrecking the cars and they figure well I need a new front end anyway may as well get a custom one. I'm slowly buying parts for mine. The parts are going to sit in the garage until it's time to but them on and paint. Speaking of that anyone know were I can pick up the side skirts (piece under the door) off a 91-92 Camaro RS?? I want to see if I can get them modified to fit the SVX.

Chiketkd 06-02-2004 11:32 AM

Booyeah! :D

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Sonar
Where did u hear that BS ???? -It's +75HP !!! :D :D