The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Outback (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37664)

LarryIII 02-26-2007 05:14 AM

Outback

Rosie & I are in the process of buying a new 2007 Outback XT Ltd. It's loaded. Both of us really like the car. The color is what I would call a charcoal gray metallic. We are in ($) negotiations with the dealler this week. Wish us luck.

RojoRocket 02-26-2007 06:11 AM

Good luck Larry! Great choice of vehicle and color. Sure you'll love it.:D

Glenn

DanSVX94 02-26-2007 06:32 AM

When I bought my Outback I went to cars.com to contact the dealer's internet department. This way I didn't have to go through bull with a salesman. I was able to buy the car for under invoice because I got some of the dealer holdback. The dealer needs the sales volume. Plus if you're buying from Matt Slapp their service charges are high. Don't buy the extended warranty unless it's heavily discounted. You can get the extended warranty within 3 years. One thing I don't like about new cars is the computer controlled acceleration -- it's not responsive. You're lucky there's no sales tax in Delaware.

Landshark 02-26-2007 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSVX94
One thing I don't like about new cars is the computer controlled acceleration -- it's not responsive. You're lucky there's no sales tax in Delaware.

Cobb Accessport fixes that. ;)

ensteele 02-26-2007 09:42 AM

I love my ouback and it is great! Good choice on cars and color. Good luck. :)

subeman90 02-26-2007 03:18 PM

which dealer are you dealing with?

Good luck and don't give in!!!!!!!!! :D

svxxx26 02-26-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII
Rosie & I are in the process of buying a new 2007 Outback XT Ltd. It's loaded. Both of us really like the car. The color is what I would call a charcoal gray metallic. We are in ($) negotiations with the dealler this week. Wish us luck.

Larry, by "negotiations", do you mean someone prying your hands off the car long enough to sign the papers? :confused:
Good luck and ENJOY! :D

ensteele 02-26-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxxx26
Larry, by "negotiations", do you mean someone prying your hands off the car long enough to sign the papers? :confused:
Good luck and ENJOY! :D

No, I think he means talking Rosie into cutting back the number of shoes she buys each month. Or the number of Canolies he will give the dealer to take the Outback off his hands. :D :D ;)

SSSVX 02-26-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSVX94
One thing I don't like about new cars is the computer controlled acceleration -- it's not responsive.

Is he talking about the throttle by wire? Maybe not from all car companies!

SSSVX 02-26-2007 10:33 PM

What are going to do with "AH SO", Larry?

DanSVX94 02-27-2007 11:01 AM

yes, throttle by wire -- that's it.

LarryIII 02-28-2007 05:08 AM

To All,

I would never ever deal with Matt Slapp in Newark, DE. I've heard too many horror stories about both their sales and sevice practices on all different models from locals.

It's definitely the model we want. Unfortunately, the color choices are very, very limited. We both think that the Diamond Gray Metallic (official color name) is the best of the lot. I would have preferred the old SVX Polo Green.

Please note that we need a new Outback because the old one is almost full of Rosie's shoes, so we need more storage space. Rosie cutting back on buying shoes..... now there's a novel idea that's never going to happen.

Oh, oh....Rosie is getting her red pen out. Remember spelling counts. The word 'Cannoli' is already plural.

svxcess 02-28-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII
Oh, oh....Rosie is getting her red pen out. Remember spelling counts. The word 'Cannoli' is already plural.

Canno-li (rhymes with Pear-lie), plural. You have more than one.

Canno-lo (rhymes with Po-lo), singular. as in you don't have one yet. diminutive of canna, as in "Rosie, canna buy another SVX instead of this new grocery-getter?"

Rosie, do I got it? ;)

LarryIII 03-01-2007 03:48 AM

John,

Rosie also corrects grammar.

"Do I got it", should be, "Do I have it." I hope you get it.

I'd have to go and check my puntuation before Rosie gets back.

MNYPNNY 03-03-2007 07:29 PM

Congrats Larry & Rosie on the new purchase. I regret that I won't be able to see you at Reading this year. :(

You'll have to check out the thread of my new purchase. It's not an SVX, nor is it Subaru, but I still love it!

(I bet it can tow Penny if she breaks down again!!!)