The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Other Mods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Standard Mods? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41159)

AppStateSVX 10-08-2007 05:39 PM

Standard Mods?

Like most of you know, I was pretty involved in this community for a few years, until I sold my SVX and bought an MR2. Well, i'm looking into getting back into the SVX world and was curious as to how mods have improved over the last year and a half? In short, can anyone give me a "quick update" on what's available these days? thanks!

- Craig

It's Just Eric 10-08-2007 07:45 PM

Hmmm..Well, the ecutune stage 3 is finished and for sale (Dunno if it was when you left)
TomsSVX and sicksubie both have complete engine builds following lan's guidelines. Both are currently running and driving (Tom w/ 6 speed, and sick suvie w/ factory auto:eek:) but from what I understand there's still a few minor bugs to be worked out (I.E. Tom needs to hurry his butt up and break the motor in so he can track the car)

svxfiles has made a 20$ endlink bushing that apparently works wonders for the rear suspension when combined with the 15 minute mod and poly sway bar bushings (Im waiting for a free day to install)

Mmm...That's about it

Crazy_pilot 10-08-2007 07:55 PM

svxfiles sold a small warehouse worth of HID headlight kits, a coilover suspension group buy was announced and is kind of in a holding pattern (need more names)...umm...someone made their entire rear light bar red (no more amber turn signals or reverse lights)...and that's all I can remember.

Hocrest 10-08-2007 08:02 PM

hmmm...

LAN has Stage 2 and Stage 3 with the Supercharger, but I don't think the 3 is available anymore. Rumor has it that he has some other plans in the works.

He has also sourced together all the bits needed for a NA rebuild or a Pressurized rebuild.

TomsSVX can make up 5/6 speed kits for those that can do the swap but not the fab work. He has also a DCCD controller on his 6 speed.

SVXfiles has worked on a few exhaust set ups. Is slowly perfecting his own supercharger and has established a few low cost suspension mods. He has also worked with a friend to provide plug and play HID's for our low beams.

SolarSVX got a bunch of body add ons from Japan(?) to give his pearly a different look.

Mychalio is working on putting together a new suspension option.

Behla and some others have been working on a set up that will allow us to hook up a laptop to your car to access the ECU.

I'm sure there are some that I missed...

It's been a busy year for SVX's, and the members of this board :cool:

It's Just Eric 10-08-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

...umm...someone made their entire rear light bar red (no more amber turn signals or reverse lights
Yeah, how the heck did I forget that one?

Oh, I also modded OT to make him go from a dancin' fool to a feirce, sword fighting pirate.

svxfiles 10-08-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 498742)
Yeah, how the heck did I forget that one?

Oh, I also modded OT to make him go from a dancin' fool to a feirce, sword fighting pirate.

Eric The Red, my Nemisis!:mad::rolleyes:

Tim 10-08-2007 09:29 PM

Also the STI, Rx8 and the Evo have opened up aftermarket wheels for us as well :D.

OT also is now sourcing Raceconcept brakes.

AppStateSVX 10-08-2007 09:45 PM

thanks everyone. I was hoping to hear about some SVXi in the 12s and 13s, but oh well. Any good engine mods going on?

TomsSVX 10-08-2007 09:49 PM

I am the only other one in the 13's besides poweredx2... BTW no go go gas for me:D:D:D

Tom

It's Just Eric 10-08-2007 11:03 PM

good engine mods...you MIGHT want to look into the ecutune engine build thread:rolleyes:

AppStateSVX 10-08-2007 11:40 PM

yeah, I'm not really into s/c's . If i pick up this SVX i'm looking at, there is a strong chance I will turbo it though

SilverSpear 10-09-2007 01:06 AM

Heyyyy broooooo, glad you are getting back to your senses!! ;):p
Missed the ol' good days... you know the anti fraud stuff... Unfortunately we got a member of our team banned :o Budfreak!!

He is still one of my friends tho...

You would also be surprised from the amount of improvement we did on the SVX :D:D... and the shocking improvement we would still be doing in the NEAR future... :rolleyes::D

svxfiles 10-09-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 498775)
I am the only other one who has been to the trackin the 13's besides poweredx2... I am quite sure that Bobby, and maybe even OT are in the 13s too.:oBTW no go go gas for me:D:D:D

Tom

Fixed it for you YT!:p

AppStateSVX 10-09-2007 06:42 AM

sounds good guys! the MR2 should be getting sold this friday, so I might be back in an SVX really soon. I need HumpSVX to get back to me about the one he has for sale though.

mikecg 10-09-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppStateSVX (Post 498809)
yeah, I'm not really into s/c's . If i pick up this SVX i'm looking at, there is a strong chance I will turbo it though

If your thinking about turboing, you still might want to look at ECUTune. He's put together some engine build kits that may still interest you. (Forged Eagle Rods, Forged CP Pistons, CAMS, Valves, Valve springs, ECT.)