The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Got The Hood Emblem! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68)

ACSVX 03-07-2001 02:53 PM

I GOT THE EMBLEM!

that's right fellas. jump on it right now.JAPANESEPARTS.com. i called them and i got a quote. $46.60 for the emblem $15 shipping. if you really want it give them a call. if you want to pay $85 go ahead and call motorsport.

Aredubjay 03-07-2001 04:15 PM

Yep, that's a little more like it. Just slightly higher than vinscimone's price, but, a) He wasn't a "retail" outlet, and b) I'm sure, if he had it to do all over again, he'd charge more for the "hassle." Congrats!

svxter 03-07-2001 04:56 PM

Good Deal!

Great! Are we going to try to put together a group purchase, or is it everyone take care of their own?

svxxx26 03-07-2001 09:06 PM

Good job, ACSVX! Maybe if we do a group we could get a break on shipping? Just a thought . . . Of course, on the other hand it could be a headache for the "coordinator". :eek:

Rev Hard 03-07-2001 11:36 PM

well....

I've been looking into it. Those who I have dealt with in the past know i can do CC charges, so it would make it easier. Now if i could just get like 5-10 ppl to step up and say they would buy i could come up with a price.... as allways ... Shipped.

PAUL!

svxter 03-08-2001 06:03 AM

Paul

If you, or someone else, is willing to take on the chore of putting together an order for badges, I'm willing to pony up for one, since it looks like the price can be in the $50.00 + shipping range. As I said, I'm NOT willing to cough up $85.00 - that money could go to something more urgent. Keep us posted.

Phast SVX 03-08-2001 12:13 PM

Im in

Count me in a for a hood eblem.....If they are adhesive...and not clips....i want ot keep my bra, and would want to place the emblem elseware on the car...not sure yet where but im thinking i could find a nice place.if we can get it at that price, Email me a bigdhilll@aol.com and leave me a note forpayypal info it if you want. Also...can you ask how much they would charge us for the alcyone rear taillight piece? Anyways contact me

Aredubjay 03-08-2001 01:08 PM

Phast, the emblem has three "posts" ,two small and one larger with a clip -- all to fit in the original holes. I suppose you could "dremmel" them off, leaving just the adhesive.

montypython 03-08-2001 06:31 PM

phast:

Remember too that the emblem has a slight convexity to it to fit the contour of the hood. So finding an exact curvature elsewhere on the car might be a problem.
By the way, I got mine from vinscimone last year but have not yet put it on. I keep having visions of bringing a huge patch of paint off when I remove the original one.
One of these days!
But then I procrastinated for months before attempting a spark plug change. When I finally did it, it went surprisingly smooth.

Aredubjay 03-08-2001 06:42 PM

Colin, I had the same fear. I took a small screwdriver and put some masking tape on it to cushion the tip. I placed the screwdriver under the bottom of the old emblem and pulled (not pried) up. Trouble was, there was hardly any adhesive left on the old emblem and the clip that held it in was partially deteriorated so, I almost smacked myself in the nose when the thing came right off. Seemed like it was just barely hanging on. So, try grabbing it with your fingers first. It may just pop off. If you're too worried about the paint, spray a little WD-40 (no, it won't eat the paint) to where it will sort of run under the old emblem, let set for a while, then get your padded screwdriver after it. Once it's off, use the WD-40 to finish cleaning up the goo and dirt left by the old emblem (yes, that's what I did on my WHITE paint). Then, make sure you clean all the WD off before sticking the new emblem on.

RRX 03-09-2001 12:40 AM

Emblem

I'll be contacting Japenese parts to get mine tommorrow.

svxcess 03-09-2001 09:28 AM

Hood emblem installation

The way I was told to get the old emblem off without damaging anything was
Lift up the hood and remove the 2 hood latch bolts (10mm I think) There is an opening through which you can see the pins on the emblem. Jst push them out from the rear and the emblem pops off. Reinstall hood latch. That's it!

Jaylinb 03-10-2001 09:11 AM

I'd like one too!

I was just wondering if we're ordering individually or as a group.

montypython 03-11-2001 06:53 AM

Thanks aredubjay & svxcess

Well we finally got above 40 degrees yesterday so I figured I may as well install the hood emblem.
As svxcess suggested, I removed the hood latch (2 - 12mm bolts). This uncovers a 1/2" dia hole through which you can see the two yellow clips. I used a flat blade screw driver thru the hole to push against one, then the other yellow clip. The old emblem came off without too much resistence.
I made sure to clean all the old gook off the hood, then put the new emblem on - Looks great.

suby_qa 03-14-2001 07:47 PM

emblem clipless

<If they are adhesive...and not clips....i want ot keep my bra, and would want to place the emblem elseware on the car>

They are adhesive and clips (2) with a locator pin.

I guess you could always dremel tool them off though.