The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   ObamaBots smashed the window on my svx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46420)

triumph1902 10-02-2008 12:28 AM

ObamaBots smashed the window on my svx

Couple days ago I put up a McCain yard sign and last night the svx was parked next to it...surprise! this morning the sign is torn up and the svx has a stone through the upper quarter glass. I know all my neighbors and they would not do that.

Its a shame someone would do this just because I support someone they dont...someone who right or wrong has been through alot for this country.

sicksubie 10-02-2008 12:30 AM

Re: ObamaBots smashed the window on my svx

I have a McCain sticker on my Ranger and am praying for someone to vandalize that heap....:rolleyes:

mysvxrocks 10-02-2008 12:43 AM

That sucks man.... Words cant explain the disbelief/anger I feel about that....

NikFu S. 10-02-2008 12:52 AM

Put up an Obama sign and see if they repair it or send an apology.

Manarius 10-02-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triumph1902 (Post 566651)
Couple days ago I put up a McCain yard sign and last night the svx was parked next to it...surprise! this morning the sign is torn up and the svx has a stone through the upper quarter glass. I know all my neighbors and they would not do that.

Its a shame someone would do this just because I support someone they dont...someone who right or wrong has been through alot for this country.

I think it's a little bit of a stretch to say that a sign meant that you got your car bashed. Remember, correlation does not necessitate causation.

Sucks either way.

LetItSnow 10-02-2008 06:49 AM

Stretch: Sign is put up, window is broken overnight = parallel.
Likelihood: Sign is put up, sign is destroyed and window is broken overnight = parallel.

Who takes the time to go into a guy's yard to shred a political sign? I'd put my money on both acts being by the same party!

Pics of the sign? :D

Royal Tiger 10-02-2008 07:15 AM

Liberals are as much about tolerance and understanding as a majority of muslims are.

ensteele 10-02-2008 08:50 AM

But look out for the extremists. :(

triumph1902 10-02-2008 02:54 PM

All that was left of the sign was the bent up wire frame...they also tried to smash the rear glass but the rock ricocheted off and just left a mark that was easy to get off.

I dont doubt the fact that the car and the sign were done by the same person(s) at the same time.

I got a motion camera that takes stills when the motion sensor is tripped and a motion flood light. I was tempted to bye a dozen McCain signs and hope that they return but sad to say I cant risk more damage to the car. Instead I helped fill out absentee ballots for a bunch of elderly family members and friends that are unable to get to the polls for health reasons.

Just today I noticed about a mile from my house there is a large McCain sign in front of a trucking business, on a main street, that has been there for probably a month. Someone had thrown an old toilet through the sign. I did not notice any damage to the business though. The business is for sale so not sure how long before someone cleans it up.

Weebitob 10-02-2008 03:03 PM

Good Politic should be carried out by example, as such if people see in Congress that both democrats and republicans on the floor in the heat of discussing critical policies don't go into a battle of fistycuffs others shouldn't either over something that is much more trivial.

But regardless of motive I am terribly sorry that has happened, and to the rear quarter too.:(

dcarrb 10-03-2008 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 566676)
Liberals are as much about tolerance and understanding as a majority of muslims are.

The mindset that formulates that sort of baseless stereotype (on BOTH extremes of the political spectrum) is the biggest challenge this country faces.

dcb

Royal Tiger 10-04-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb (Post 566878)
The mindset that formulates that sort of baseless stereotype (on BOTH extremes of the political spectrum) is the biggest challenge this country faces.

dcb

When the democrat supporters, some not all, stop acting like little babies, I might start to respect them.

No acts of violance at the DNC Convention. Head DNC party bosses dance like little girls and pray for the death of 1,000's when a hurrican hits New Orleans for the RNC Convention. Protestors attempt to stage "random acts of violece for "change"" in Minneapolis at RNC event resulting in arrests.

Locally McCain signs have been getting defaced and removed. Not one Obama sign has been reported to our department as vandalized. The local chapter of the DNC constatnly gives us a hard time with thier illegal sidewalk and traffic demonstrations. In 13 years I have never had a republican demonstration cause a headache.

Truth hurts. I KNOW not all dems act like this, but the BS starts at the top, and doesn't seem to change.

Manarius 10-04-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 567014)
When the democrat supporters, some not all, stop acting like little babies, I might start to respect them.

No acts of violance at the DNC Convention. Head DNC party bosses dance like little girls and pray for the death of 1,000's when a hurrican hits New Orleans for the RNC Convention. Protestors attempt to stage "random acts of violece for "change"" in Minneapolis at RNC event resulting in arrests.

Locally McCain signs have been getting defaced and removed. Not one Obama sign has been reported to our department as vandalized. The local chapter of the DNC constatnly gives us a hard time with thier illegal sidewalk and traffic demonstrations. In 13 years I have never had a republican demonstration cause a headache.

Truth hurts. I KNOW not all dems act like this, but the BS starts at the top, and doesn't seem to change.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...05/detail.html

Something something pot kettle.

subi-crosser 10-04-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 566667)
I think it's a little bit of a stretch to say that a sign meant that you got your car bashed. Remember, correlation does not necessitate causation.

Sucks either way.

I'm not sure if it was my bashing the county commissioner or my bashing of the local medical 'establishment', but SOMEONE bashed the quarter pannel in on my shiney red Outback while it was parked in my back yard!! It was done with a FOOT!!
The least 'tolerant' species known to man is the 'caring, compassionate LIBERALS'!!! According to the Pizza guys, if there is a democratic sign in the yard, look forward to a LOUSY tip!!

( They are only generous wit OTHER people's money!!)

bjandtheband 10-05-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 566653)
I have a McCain sticker on my Ranger and am praying for someone to vandalize that heap....:rolleyes:

NO DUDE VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN ! PALIN/MCCAIN WILL JUST DESTROY THE COUNTRY HE IS HUNGRY FOR WAR AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE ,IF HE HAVE NOT VOTED FOR DEREGULATION THE WALL STREET CRISIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPEN. VOTE SMART MAN DO YOUR RESEARCH ON WHAT PALIN/MCCAIN STANDS FOR.