The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   West Coast / 10th Anniversary Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4038)

ensteele 05-05-2002 03:19 PM

West Coast / 10th Anniversary Meet

I know that we haven't even done the May 11th meet yet, but I thought that if there was some interest in this that we should start to plan it. I know that I can't make the 10th Anniversary Meet in Indiana, but I wondered if there was any interest to meet somewhere at the same time on the West Coast. This way we could be part of it in another place at the same time. What do you think? I know it isn't the same thing, but it is better than nothing, and another excuse to get together. We could try to get California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and British Columbia or anyone else who is not going east to come to a closer point. Any ideas?:cool: I am not trying to steal members from the other meet, but give an alternative choice.

WestCoastSVX 05-06-2002 02:38 PM

Good idea!

Great idea Earl! I am amont those that really wish they could go to the 10th anniversary meet but time, money, and car mileage are just going to be too big a hurdles this year. :(

However, if something were planned for the same weekend out west, and if enough notice was given, I would be much more likely to attend.

I realize this could be a touchy subject, people might view it as splitting the meet in two or trying to steal attendees from the "official" one, but if we emphasize that it is for those that otherwise would not be able to attend a meet, I think it would be cool.

Aredubjay 05-06-2002 03:07 PM

Re: Good idea!

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
I realize this could be a touchy subject, people might view it as splitting the meet in two or trying to steal attendees from the "official" one, but if we emphasize that it is for those that otherwise would not be able to attend a meet, I think it would be cool.
I don't know if this would carry any weight, or not, but, I'd like to give my official blessing to this meet.

Sure, if you can make it to Lafayette, please, please, please, come. But, if, for any reason, you can't, meet wherever you can. This goes for all corners of the States, and anwhere else.

As much as I'd like to meet youse guys, in the flesh, in person, I certainly understand.

Go for it!!

WestCoastSVX 05-06-2002 03:43 PM

Re: Re: Good idea!

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I don't know if this would carry any weight, or not, but, I'd like to give my official blessing to this meet.

Sure, if you can make it to Lafayette, please, please, please, come. But, if, for any reason, you can't, meet wherever you can. This goes for all corners of the States, and anwhere else.

As much as I'd like to meet youse guys, in the flesh, in person, I certainly understand.

Go for it!!

Thanks Randy! As president and probably the most fanatical SVX enthusiast, your blessing does count for something. :cool:

I would definitely love to meet you and some of the others too, that was probably one of the biggest things I was looking forward to for the big meet. Hopefully one of these days, maybe next Reading I'll fly out or something. And if you are ever out this way, we can certainly plan a meet around it!

ensteele 05-06-2002 04:11 PM

Randy

The same goes for me. I would really like to get out there, but the distance and expense is just not going to allow me to make it. I just thought if some were not going to go anyway, we could meet with you guys at the same time even if we are in different locations. :) We will see how much interest there will be.

AutoTchr 05-06-2002 04:48 PM

I am interested if you make it some place warm.:cool:

I_Alcyone_I 05-06-2002 09:18 PM

I'm in. Sounds like a great idea. I don't really have any ideas on what to do, maybe a track or drag strip somewhere for the meeting place? Anyway my ideas probobly aren't the best so i'll be glad to back anyone up on their thoughts.

Aredubjay 05-07-2002 01:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Good idea!

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver

Thanks Randy! As president and probably the most fanatical SVX enthusiast, your blessing does count for something. :cool:

I would definitely love to meet you and some of the others too, that was probably one of the biggest things I was looking forward to for the big meet. Hopefully one of these days, maybe next Reading I'll fly out or something. And if you are ever out this way, we can certainly plan a meet around it!

Well, guys. In 2004, I'll be celebrating 10 years with the company I work for (if I make it that long). That will give me 4 weeks of vacation. I'd like to take two of those weeks and do an "out west" trip, including the great Northwest. Of course, I'll probably have another SVX by then, with my Pearly retired to weekends only -- she's almost got 180K on her now.

ensteele 05-07-2002 09:36 AM

Randy

Thanks for the early heads up on your trip out here.:) It will give us lots of time to get a meet planned. We just hope you make it that long on your job!:rolleyes: We will start to plan for this great event.:D

Aredubjay 05-07-2002 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Randy

Thanks for the early heads up on your trip out here.:) It will give us lots of time to get a meet planned. We just hope you make it that long on your job!:rolleyes: We will start to plan for this great event.:D

Earl. Sarcasm becomes you. :D

WestCoastSVX 05-07-2002 10:43 AM

Ideas...

Quote:

Originally posted by AutoTchr
I am interested if you make it some place warm.:cool:
I suppose the first thing to do would be to determine a general area for the meet. As in narrow it down to at least a portion of a state (ie western WA, northern CA, etc) and then go from there as far as the exact location. Guess it depends on how big of an area we want the meet to cover and then go with a centrally located area. Or find out where the most members would be coming from and put bias in that direction. Some may be willing to travel more than others too. Guess you can't please everyone, but we can try to position it where we will get the most people that are most interested.

If we are going for the whole west coast, we should probably start posting something outside of the NW forum too. Or maybe there would be a separate one for the southern coast? Many options, but we should probably get something concrete somewhat soon for hotel reservations, etc.

LarryIII 05-07-2002 07:38 PM

Troy,

How about holding your "Meet" in Lafayette, Indiana on July 20th, 21st, & 22nd ?

Larry III :D

ensteele 05-12-2002 11:31 PM

LarryIII

Is Lafayette, Indiana some place warm? :rolleyes:
AutoTchr wants some place warm for the meet. :cool:
:D

WestCoastSVX 05-13-2002 09:20 AM

Any discussion?

Was there any discussion of this at the meet on Saturday?

If we are thinking of having something for the whole West Coast, should probably get posted outside the NW Forum too.

Two months isn't that much time to plan if this is going to be someplace that involves lots of people needing hotel reservations, etc. :rolleyes:

Aredubjay 05-13-2002 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
LarryIII

Is Lafayette, Indiana some place warm? :rolleyes:
AutoTchr wants some place warm for the meet. :cool:
:D

It will be in July. Warm and HUMID. :D