The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels / Tires (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Latest and coolest finish for new 18" wheels (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38906)

anthonybuchanan 05-10-2007 09:42 AM

Latest and coolest finish for new 18" wheels

Is chrome the new, hot finish or is matte still the latest and coolest.

I am certain that I do not like black (shiny or matte).

ensteele 05-10-2007 10:07 AM

I would think that it would depend on the wheels. :)

JaySVX 05-10-2007 10:28 AM

I think it's personal preference. I myself dislike chrome to a great degree for wheels, especially if it does not match the car in any way. When i'm done, my car will be a 2tone, black top barcelona red bottom, with black tint and black powder coated wheels. The only other option i i would consider for color is brushed steel.

But if you like chrome, by all means, go for it. Again, personal preference. What matters is if YOU like it, not anyone else.

Crazy_pilot 05-10-2007 10:36 AM

If I wanted to do the "in" thing, I would have bought a Civic, and then slapped some big shiney doo-dads on it.

You car should be what you want it to be. Heck, I like the SVX because it ISN'T what everyone else has.

It's Just Eric 05-10-2007 12:11 PM

speaking of chrome...I wish I had a camera for the black avalanche i saw last night....The poor thing looked like it into a JC Whitney catelog.
It had stick on chrome flames (facing left, right, down, and ocasionally up) Stick on chrome hood scoop, stick on chrome hood vents, stick on chrome billet grille, stick on chrome chevy symbols in unnecicary places, stick on chrome grab handles, stick n chrome bumper guards, stick on chrome...rear door scoops? (Even if they WERE functional, wtf would that do?) Stick on chrome avalanche window decals, stick on chrome foglights w/ annoying blue bulbs, stick on chrome running board covers...the list goes on

Now...that was all fine and well for the avalanche...We all got a good laugh at the half a million dollars worth of double sided tape on the truck...but

Wait..what wre we talking about?

Ooh, right. The svx...well, Id have to go with a matte or silver finish. I mean, chrome only belongs on muscle cars, or any muscle-car predicessors.

odepaj 05-10-2007 02:08 PM

I saw an SUV awhile back that had chrome dollar bills all over it and dollar bill spinners!:confused: It also said "deuce dimes" on the back....(San Antonio area code is 210, deuce=2 dimes=....explains itself). That was deffinetly the stupidest thing ive ever seen. I was flipping through the channels earlier and caught some "Unique Whips" right in the middle of them saying that chrome and shinny black are the "in" thing right now (and 30" rims). So many stupid people in the world today.......

Dustin

Myxalplyx 05-10-2007 02:10 PM

Chrome looks hot. Chrome looks hottest on old school cars with chrome front/rear bumpers.

SVX? I do not see many SVXs with chrome rims/wheels. Go for it!

SA SVX 05-10-2007 07:30 PM

Chrome belongs on only 4 items. Muscle cars, Harley/custom bikes, Pete/western star or other classic type big rigs and art deco 50s stuff, diners, ect. Hell Im even going as far as painting the back plate for the Subi logo on the hood black,, seems moronic it came in chrome as it matches up with nothing else on the car.

Myxalplyx 05-11-2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan
Is chrome the new, hot finish or is matte still the latest and coolest.

I am certain that I do not like black (shiny or matte).

I am sorry, I do not think I answered your question. I do not know what the latest and coolest hot finish is. I do see a lot of chrome going on so....... Try looking at some of the import mags to find out what the latest and coolest trends are. Stop at some car shows as well to get a feel for what is 'in'.

anthonybuchanan 05-11-2007 08:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys.